Pre-Season Schedule and Results | Page 2 | Vital Football

Pre-Season Schedule and Results

Just finished watching Cheezy's YT vid. One gentleman towards the end was none too happy. He complained about all the kids in Man City jerseys. It sounds like he spent quite a bit of dosh, but he can't really have expected a strong lineup. Pretty funny, but it's all part of the learning curve.

I saw that, should've done his research before buying. Was he wearing a Dortmund kit?

Pre season matches are a bit like going to your favourite restaurant and looking at the menu on the reverse of the programme only to discover that apple pie and ice cream is off the menu. As are burgers and waffles. And fries. But in there place is some foodstuff one has never heard of like lentils, aduki beans and hummus which you sort of enjoy but can't help feeling the old favourites would have been better digested. You have a bit of a moan to the Maitre'D on the way out but he knows, and you know he knows, that you'll be back again when you're hungry.

Liverpool were defeated 1-3 by Dortmund btw.......interestingly this was their 5th pre-season game already.

When we play them on 26th (0105 BST) it will be our second outing ....and their 6th.......:unsure:

Yes but they had many players unknown to many like Matip, Milner, Sturridge, Clyne, Gomez, Moreno, Keita,Virgin Van DJik , Lall;ana, Fabinho (who says city are second rate and bought the title) Karius (who may or may not have been conscious depending on the result) and Robertson

Yes but they had many players unknown to many like Matip, Milner, Sturridge, Clyne, Gomez, Moreno, Keita,Virgin Van DJik , Lall;ana, Fabinho (who says city are second rate and bought the title) Karius (who may or may not have been conscious depending on the result) and Robertson

Did Fabinho really say that? The little tyke!

Liverpool were defeated 1-3 by Dortmund btw.......interestingly this was their 5th pre-season game already.

When we play them on 26th (0105 BST) it will be our second outing ....and their 6th.......:unsure:
Skoorb, you are good on the stuff that went before and my mind’s gone blank. You intimated we had a crap pre-season last year which I vaguely remember through a haze of cab sav. We,ve only played one game and lost narrowly. Can you recall if we were as dire in the first game of pre-season last year. Sorry to ramble.

Wasn't that game a loss to United?
I think we then beat Real Madrid and Spurs, the latter performance that led Pep to think 2017/18 could lead to something? :hmmm:

Skoorb, you are good on the stuff that went before and my mind’s gone blank. You intimated we had a crap pre-season last year which I vaguely remember through a haze of cab sav. We,ve only played one game and lost narrowly. Can you recall if we were as dire in the first game of pre-season last year. Sorry to ramble.

I do not deserve such praise as I was clearly thinking of a different pre-season!

Pre season 2017:-

ICC

Rags 2 City 0
City 4 Real Madrid 1
City 3 Spurs 0

Friendly (in Iceland)
City 3 West Ham 0

Perhaps I was thinking of 2016 when we lost to Bayern (0-1), drew with B Dortmund (1-1 but lost 6-5 on pens) and the game vs Rags was called off due to the weather? Either way I was incorrect about last pre-season Hitting

I do not deserve such praise as I was clearly thinking of a different pre-season!

Pre season 2017:-

ICC

Rags 2 City 0
City 4 Real Madrid 1
City 3 Spurs 0

Friendly (in Iceland)
City 3 West Ham 0

Perhaps I was thinking of 2016 when we lost to Bayern (0-1), drew with B Dortmund (1-1 but lost 6-5 on pens) and the game vs Rags was called off due to the weather? Either way I was incorrect about last pre-season Hitting
Ha! That makes the two of us look like prats.
:lol::lol:

Exactly but once again his real intent is further down the road. He has now laid the groundwork for a readymade excuse for May 2019 should they fail to win the title for the sixth season in a row

Coo! Good game, this.

City have had most of the ball and territory in the first half, but there haven't been many chances for either team.

City have had a cast iron penalty turned down, and both City and Liverpool have had a dodgy penalty turned down.

Unfortunately, I'm having to watch a stream of LFCTV! Not good.

Bernardo and Sane on for the second half.

Bernardo sets up Sane, who scores!

A lot of good performances from the youngsters. Mahrez looks the part. Zinchenko having a good game as holding mid-field.