Pre season friendlies | Page 15 | Vital Football

Pre season friendlies

I think grealish would be mad to stay and it would kill his career if we are going to consolidate, if we going to invest then maybe stay but the kid should be playing in the top league.

He's got to bin this 3-5-2 bollocks off. We don't have the players for it. Wing backs are constantly in no man's land and Kodjia is completely isolated. Why change what worked in the second half of last season.

More clueless tactical crap, Thierry Henry's claret and blue army. I wonder how sceptical Derby and rangers fans were at the appointment of there new managers and lack of experience.

It’s poor but SB will persist with it.
Green, Adohma will turn into defenders.
Why trying a new formation that they look uncomfortable with. SB is clueless.

It's speed of thought and the ability to play out of tight situations, not directly speed.of foot that is the difference.

Grealish's first touch and brain are up to speed and I liked Doyle-Hayes played some good balls to feet.

Not worried about Steer, he will get better every time he plays ala Johnstone in his first spell

The only interesting thing for me in this game is seeing a team defend as a unit (every time a Villa player has the ball he is instantly surrounded by 2-3 players) and attack as a unit with speed and pace.

It's not rocket science, is it?

Only preseason but Preston managed a 2-2 with West Ham at the weekend. A bit better from us in the second half but plenty of improvement needed before August 6th.