Pre season friendlies | Page 25 | Vital Football

Pre season friendlies

Never in my life have I felt such trepidation at the start of a season, last season was full of hope for a return to the premiership, the season before was filled with a different kind of hope, a hope that we never got relegated 2 seasons on the bounce (like Wolves/Sunderland) Prior to that the season started with a recently installed manager hoping to avoid relegation......................

But this season I don't have a fucking Scooby Do, is it a fresh start, new era, if were not in the top 3 at Christmas has Bruce gone?
Can we hang onto Grealish and more Importantly Chester?
The transfer window closes in 11 days and I doubt the current squad will have us top of the league looking like promotion hopefuls. Happy to see more deadwood leave the club.

Do we have enough about us to compete with the three clubs that come down from the Prem last season?

I would like to think our new billionaire owners would be able to hatch a plan to sponsor the club to rid it of any FFP restrictions...

I just dont know how this season is going to pan out, the most nervous pre-season ever.

Last edited:
Have you been away Col8 , we are now minted! :wahey::grinning: Stop worrying, we have lost Snoddy but we now have one of our own in Andre Messi Green.
I can understand why people are worried, I really can't

That's harsh JPA. Cafu's crossing has been incredibly consistent for years. The fact that they never find a Villa player is just you setting your expectations too high.... :rofl:

Not having that GM, Cafu is the best crosser we have it's just our strikers constantly stand in the wrong place, they don't read his crosses. They should be standing by the corner flag or 4 rows back in the Holte.

I really enjoyed it! This was by far the shortest trip to see the Villa play :cool::rofl:
Was also intersting to see a lot of Villa Fans outside of the UK.
Met some Bayern Munich Haters from Munich and Villa Fans from Prague.
Some Dynamo Fans also told us that they like Villa.
So I really hope this will be our season, If Cardiff could make promotion last year why not Villa this season? :utv::utv::utv: