Pre Season Friendlies Thread | Page 42 | Vital Football

Pre Season Friendlies Thread

Notice a lot of people writing off Green and Davis at what 21?

Charlton game Green scored one of the goals and Davis' hold up play created two goals not too shabby for no-hopers. Very good football and they part of it.
Agree with this. And let's not forget Green was inches away from another when he bamboozled two defenders, cut inside and smashed one off the underside of the bar. He also put in a peach of a cross for Bjarnasson's goal in Minneapolis.
Young players will have ups and downs. Some days they'll look like world beaters and others they'll look useless. It's a process - build confidence, adapt to the pace and physicality, lose confidence, get a bit of luck and build it again, then hopefully/eventually it all comes together.
I'm not ready to write of Andre Green or Davis just yet. The fans have a part to play too - if they start hearing the grumblings of an impatient fan base that can have a massive effect. I can remember plenty of people writing off Albrighton as too inconsistent and not enough pace. Three years later he was a premier league champion.
One thing that strikes me about both of these young men is that they appear level headed and professional. That's the basic ingredient.... Let's give them our support....

Agree with this. And let's not forget Green was inches away from another when he bamboozled two defenders, cut inside and smashed one off the underside of the bar. He also put in a peach of a cross for Bjarnasson's goal in Minneapolis.
Young players will have ups and downs. Some days they'll look like world beaters and others they'll look useless. It's a process - build confidence, adapt to the pace and physicality, lose confidence, get a bit of luck and build it again, then hopefully/eventually it all comes together.
I'm not ready to write of Andre Green or Davis just yet. The fans have a part to play too - if they start hearing the grumblings of an impatient fan base that can have a massive effect. I can remember plenty of people writing off Albrighton as too inconsistent and not enough pace. Three years later he was a premier league champion.
One thing that strikes me about both of these young men is that they appear level headed and professional. That's the basic ingredient.... Let's give them our support....

SMITH, GREEN AND DAVIS OUT

Davis does not score goals at the moment. I think he needs to get out on loan to hone his finishing skills.

True. Green can pressurise defenders, but it's his final ball or shot which seems to let him down. However his Charlton goal was a cracker. If he can do that more often then he'll be a very good player. I'd like to see him stay as part of the squad. Davis at the moment isn't good enough and he needs a loan where he'll play more.

Funny isn't it how opinions differ. To me Davis is the better prospect.

Updated pre season minutes post Charlton match -

Grealish - 250
Mings - 245
Hourihane - 227
Steer -225
McGinn - 210
Jota - 205
Guilbert - 205
Green - 205
Taylor - 187
Davis - 187
Targett - 183
Lansbury - 183
Wesley - 160
Konsa -157
Hause - 143
Hogan - 143
Bree - 120
O'Hare - 120
Bjarnason - 120
Kalinic - 115
El Ghazi - 90
Chester - 90
RHM - 75
Engles - 75
Trezeguet - 45
Elmohamady - 45
Suliman - 30

I'd imagine the likes of Trezeguet, El Ghazi and Engles will all get the full 90 on Saturday as they look to build up their fitness.

Grealish, Mings and Hourihane have all played a lot of minutes already so wouldn't be surprised if they only get 45.

I'd imagine the likes of Trezeguet, El Ghazi and Engles will all get the full 90 on Saturday as they look to build up their fitness.

Grealish, Mings and Hourihane have all played a lot of minutes already so wouldn't be surprised if they only get 45.
I've got a feeling it might be treated like a competitive game with the majority of the team playing Spurs playing at least 60 or 70.

Looks like the Leipzig match is on Premier Sports 1. Haven't come across this lot before. As far as I can see it's online at a subscription of £11.99 per month.

Looks like the Leipzig match is on Premier Sports 1. Haven't come across this lot before. As far as I can see it's online at a subscription of £11.99 per month.

Yeah spotted that earlier. Do I take the month sub at £11.99 just for Saturdays game and then cancel?

I think I do!

It’s in HD as well - slight upgrade on Villas YouTube coverage!!

mXHgmRG.jpg

The car lunched its alternator in Prague yesterday but it's all fixed now and we'll be on the last leg of the road to Leipzig tomorrow.