Pre Season Friendlies Thread | Page 59 | Vital Football

Pre Season Friendlies Thread

OK please tell me I'm not just been a dick head but the commentary from Jack Woodward is atrocious? It's gone past the point of cringe worthy to just please sack him.
I honestly hoped he was gone forever when we got relegated, and as much as it was awful knowing people had been laid off, he was the one I wasn't said to see go. Unfortunately he must have had some type of contract or agreement that saw him return on promotion. Hopefully the new owners will do a gradual revamp of our entire media department. The whole broadcast experience is amateur.

I honestly hoped he was gone forever when we got relegated, and as much as it was awful knowing people had been laid off, he was the one I wasn't said to see go. Unfortunately he must have had some type of contract or agreement that saw him return on promotion. Hopefully the new owners will do a gradual revamp of our entire media department. The whole broadcast experience is amateur.

I agree let's get a woman who has played for Villa ladies to commentate, to bring us into the modern era.

Just looked at his twitter, seems he deletes every negative comment because all I see are people licking his arse.

I agree let's get a woman who has played for Villa ladies to commentate, to bring us into the modern era.

Would be better than that ****, yes Fear I said **** but it's well deserving.

Think it's pretty shit I can't call people a **** when it's warranted, probably need a bit thicker skin Mr Fear

Just looked at his twitter, seems he deletes every negative comment because all I see are people licking his arse.

Yes, any even slightly critical comments get removed.
Although at this time we've all got bigger things to worry about than him.

he thinks he does a good job and so does the club

Yes, any even slightly critical comments get removed.
Although at this time we've all got bigger things to worry about than him.

he thinks he does a good job and so does the club

He ruins everything you can just about tolerate for that dog shit AVFC media clown centre, he also has an ear piercing "jump for joy" what fucks your ears and distorts the mic all at the same time the crowd is muted lower, why the hell lower the crowd this is our fucking channel.

The final figures for pre-season minutes played...

Grealish - 340
Mings - 335
Hourihane - 317
McGinn - 300
Jota - 295
Guilbert - 295
Targett - 273
Wesley - 238
Steer -225
Green - 205
Taylor - 187
Davis - 187
Lansbury - 183
El Ghazi - 167
Engles - 165
Konsa -157
Hause - 143
Hogan - 143
Bree - 120
O'Hare - 120
Bjarnason - 120
Kalinic - 115
Heaton - 90
Chester - 90
RHM - 75
Trezeguet - 58
Elmohamady - 45
Suliman - 30
Kodjia - 12

So going by the above you have to assume the players who have played the most will now be burnt out and rested for Spurs, so my predicted lineup is -

Heaton

Elmo
Hause
Konsa
Taylor

Bjarnasson
Lansbury
O'Hare
Trezeguet
El Ghazi

Kodjia

:silly:

Being serious for a moment... looking at that it seems that 9 of the places pick themselves.

Deano's only decisions for Saturday are who partners Mings and who plays left Wing?

I'm gonna guess at Engles and El Ghazi but Konsa and Trezeguet must be in contention too.

Konsa looked shaky and gave away a needless penalty against Charlton (charity for his old teammate on his testimonial?), whereas Engels not put a foot wrong in preseason.

Great to have Trezeguet if el ghazi not available, the Egyptian hordes tell us he’s a right footer who plays best on the left. His cameo there on Saturday was very promising.

Still think we’re exposed at LB but hope I’m wrong.

Wesley looks a great hold up player but won’t tuck many away as deep as he played Saturday. Perhaps we should see that as kudos to the opposition? In the prem, if he’s not prolific, will goals from midfield and elsewhere be enough? We’ll soon see - counting down the minutes now to Saturday evening and can hardly sleep with anticipation!

So going by the above you have to assume the players who have played the most will now be burnt out and rested for Spurs, so my predicted lineup is -

Heaton

Elmo
Hause
Konsa
Taylor

Bjarnasson
Lansbury
O'Hare
Trezeguet
El Ghazi

Kodjia

:silly:

Good for a point

He ruins everything you can just about tolerate for that dog shit AVFC media clown centre, he also has an ear piercing "jump for joy" what fucks your ears and distorts the mic all at the same time the crowd is muted lower, why the hell lower the crowd this is our fucking channel.
Hope this is the only thing you have to rant about this season SSV. Sounds like he really grinds your gears.

Hope this is the only thing you have to rant about this season SSV. Sounds like he really grinds your gears.

He just has a knack for getting on my tits, his voice is awful and his commentary is the worst I've ever heard, I was really hoping when Dr Nowt came in and said he was going to sort out the media side of AVTV and what not I expected him and all the blue nose idiots employed by our club to be sacked, the whole lot of them make us look amature and having blue noses in charge of your twitter and other media departments is bloody well embarrassing.

Last edited: