Pre Season Friendlies Thread | Vital Football

Pre Season Friendlies Thread

Im guessing Wes Edens has had a rather large input into this?
Probably. The professional team in Minnesota is reasonably close to Wisconsin/Milwaukee (about 4-5 hour drive). Chicago is closer but congested. It’s a good location for weather at that time of year and will draw some of the Canadian ex-pat Villans down also....

Probably. The professional team in Minnesota is reasonably close to Wisconsin/Milwaukee (about 4-5 hour drive). Chicago is closer but congested. It’s a good location for weather at that time of year and will draw some of the Canadian ex-pat Villans down also....
Get a sidecar for the Lambretta and we’ll all come.......

I'm thrilled to have read the announcement locally today (I live in a suburb of Minneapolis/St. Paul). I should have gone to your website earlier this week because the news was a surprise to me. It sounds like the match will be on July 17th. I picked Aston Villa as my Premier League squad to support around 2007 once I started following the Premier League after the 2006 World Cup.

Minnesota United FC opened up a new football stadium a couple of weekends ago (Allianz Field) with a little less than 20,000 capacity. No real notables on the squad other than Vito Mannone on loan and a player that was on the 2018 World Cup squad for Costa Rica (Francisco Calvo).

Haven't had a chance to watch Aston Villa play much for the past three seasons because I'd have to drive to a pub to watch and haven't posted in years. Really hoping that there will be good vibes and optimism in July.

I'm thrilled to have read the announcement locally today (I live in a suburb of Minneapolis/St. Paul). I should have gone to your website earlier this week because the news was a surprise to me. It sounds like the match will be on July 17th. I picked Aston Villa as my Premier League squad to support around 2007 once I started following the Premier League after the 2006 World Cup.

Minnesota United FC opened up a new football stadium a couple of weekends ago (Allianz Field) with a little less than 20,000 capacity. No real notables on the squad other than Vito Mannone on loan and a player that was on the 2018 World Cup squad for Costa Rica (Francisco Calvo).

Haven't had a chance to watch Aston Villa play much for the past three seasons because I'd have to drive to a pub to watch and haven't posted in years. Really hoping that there will be good vibes and optimism in July.

Great username!

Welcome back! Good to see you post “football” and not the ‘S’ word......

We've already confirmed several pre season friendlies vs Shrewsbury, Walsall and Charlton but today we've announced that we're travelling to Germany to play RB Leipzig on the 3rd of August.

Leipzig finished 3rd in the Bundesliga last season so they must be pretty useful. Any German Villa fans who can provide more info?

Ha, well.. err...

Did have a look, flights are a bit on the steep side, then the trip to get there, nothing very direct I don't think.

I had a quick look at flights earlier. Only direct flights to Leipzig go to Stansted as far as I could see.