Port Vale (H) highlights | Vital Football

Port Vale (H) highlights

Love the Jacko reaction. Oh I've scored, yes I do believe I have, I'll head off somewhere and hopefully the lads will catch up with me so I don't need to come up with a celebration.

That pass for the first goal!!! Sublime....
And the second goal was even better.

Mandroiu is having his own assist of the season competition.

On that point, perhaps he needs to pipe down a bit between now and the end of the season; we want him here next season for so many reasons and he must be alerting bigger clubs by the week.

Unfortunately I think there’s enough in the Rushworth red for it not to be overturned. Personally only think it’s a yellow or even just a pen but reviewers won’t agree.

Unfortunately I think there’s enough in the Rushworth red for it not to be overturned. Personally only think it’s a yellow or even just a pen but reviewers won’t agree.

yeah my thoughts too. I thought it would be a red from my view from the co op when the ref blew up. Replay suggest it might have been a bit harsh.

Wasn't at the match yesterday (appointment with egg shaped ball in Northampton) ..... but never in a month of Sundays was that a sending off for Rushworth.

Saw this goalie table on the Vale Fans Forum. I hope the picture is good enough quality. Carl is up there with the best! Vales keepers are probably one of their problems.

Attachments

• Goalies.JPG
    Goalies.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 25
I think the Rushworth sending off was harsh very 50 50. Plus if it was an offence it started outside the box not inside.
But the ref totally lost it especially second half went it appeared if you made a tackle you got booked. But bizarrely his actions added to the entertainment and atmosphere to a game that could have been an end of season borefest.

And by the time he goes down, Jackson is back to cover. Worth appealing that?

If you watch the replay slowed down frame by frame the initial contact is outside the area then both players fall over in the box. I understand the referee didn’t have VAR but we should have a very decent chance of an appeal here. Even with the ball at his feet Jackson would have been able to get a challenge in and was clearly between Taylor and the goal.

If you watch the replay slowed down frame by frame the initial contact is outside the area then both players fall over in the box. I understand the referee didn’t have VAR but we should have a very decent chance of an appeal here. Even with the ball at his feet Jackson would have been able to get a challenge in and was clearly between Taylor and the goal.
Having watched the replay several times I am firmly of the opinion that the referee was 100% wrong. The Vale player simply barged into Rushworth who was trying to shield the ball with Jackson behind him. There should have been no penalty or red card, a free kick to Lincoln and a warning for the Port Vale player. That said we should never have passed back to Rushworth from that position, and Rushworth cocked up mightily and gave a trigger happy erratic referee the opportunity to make a big decision.