Police Presence | Page 3 | Vital Football

Police Presence

I'd absolutely love to hear the RE offer a rendition of this:

*runs and takes cover*
Oh dear.....
(I gave up after 55 seconds of "Drop Dead" and abusive captions....)

So you would:
"absolutely love to hear the RE" chanting "drop dead", swearing and calling people "~ankers" and "#uckers".

Back to square one ?:(

I've hated the Tories since before you were a wiggly sperm Buddha but that is beyond the pale. Peurile and embarrassing.

Winding up for the sake of it is pathetic.

Serious messages and debate are of course welcome but you've made a prat of yourself there imo.

You are no doubt enjoying your freedom of expression though, a bit like the morons yesterday. Congratulations.

Oh well, never mind. I won't be losing any sleep over this. Hope you don't either.

If I'm not allowed to wind up right-wing racists, who's fair game?

Or should I hit the 'ignore' button and continually tell everyone about it?!
Going on about the 'ignore' button again I see.

I think you are a bit like VG. Desperate to be noticed and winding people up is a good way of getting attention. Hence your objection to use of the 'ignore' button.
:-)

What evidence do you have for saying:
"The protests were moving into outright disruption (illegitimate)"
I was outside the Factory door when the first 2 police arrived then 3 or 4 more - then 8 or so - and another 8 - then finally another dozen.
Nearly 20 inside and another 20+ outside.

I speculated that a problem arose between "Outers" versus "Inners" - but it was just that - speculation.

More importantly, whatever the police were doing inside.....
...it didn't appear to stop some drinkers from carrying on talking to each other - without a glance over their shoulders.

So I also "speculate" that the police presence was OTT.

If you mean the gathering of stewards in the RE - with police down the front....
How "outright" was the disruption that prompted that ?
Whatever it was, it was over in seconds.

Agreed. (y)

Over in seconds? Several minutes I'd have said and due to the deployment of police and stewards. You see yourself as a libertarian, which is fine but theoretical. I'm remarkably laissez faire when it comes to idiotic public behaviour and if I was in charge of security at Priestfield, heaven forbid, disorder would not be an uncommon occurrence.

I make no comment over the message of those in the bottom corner of the RE but I do take objection to constant standing in front of seated fans, verbal abuse of home fans, offering them out and gesturing. It's hard to see how such behaviour doesn't end in violence if left unchecked. Those responsible for security would have been roundly criticised if things ahd kicked off and the club might have been sanctioned.

"anti-Scally songs" versus, "Sunderland songs" ???
Surely some conflation and assumptions there - about the likely reaction of Scally Inners ?
(Imagine if some people came in singing anti-Conservative songs ....)

Is it suggested that the police are right to expect Scally Inners, to react violently ?

Yes if people are shouting abuse in their faces, gesturing them to come on and so on. Both sides wrong if fighting starts but the security peoplke have a duty to stop it getting to that point. No one has a right to attack anyone but provocation has its limits and a football ground is not a debating chamber.

Yes you are. You have more in common that you have differences.

You are as extreme on the left as Valencia is on the right. You both have your sides and have bigotry and intolerance towards the other side. The only major difference is that you see your particular brand of bigotry as morally justified.

Eh ?

View attachment 52569

The Factory at half time.. good job no other crimes were being committed in Gillingham at this time so these officers could supervise people drinking and chanting.
Don't worry, these lads and lasses haven't been taken away from policing the local towns, they have had their rest days cancelled to look after people who, historically, can't look after themselves but it's OK as they are obviously paid handsomely for missing another weekend with their loved ones 😉👍

View attachment 52569

The Factory at half time.. good job no other crimes were being committed in Gillingham at this time so these officers could supervise people drinking and chanting.

I dare say that the majority of those officers were there on mandatory overtime and/or cancelled rest days and would far rather have been enjoying a day off with their families. There will undoubtedly be more to the whole matter of why increased numbers of police were present at the match than meets the eye or second guesses of (some) onlookers.

Don't worry, these lads and lasses haven't been taken away from policing the local towns, they have had their rest days cancelled to look after people who, historically, can't look after themselves but it's OK as they are obviously paid handsomely for missing another weekend with their loved ones 😉👍

Sorry Nobby, you just beat me to it !

I dare say that the majority of those officers were there on mandatory overtime and/or cancelled rest days and would far rather have been enjoying a day off with their families. There will undoubtedly be more to the whole matter of why increased numbers of police were present at the match than meets the eye or second guesses of (some) onlookers.
Yes, I find it amusing that no one assumes to know how to be a teacher/carer/driver/IT expert etc but everyone knows how to be a copper. I'm amazed more people don't join as its so simple 😁😁😁

Historically, how many times has the Factory/blues bar required such a presence of police?

Yes, I find it amusing that no one assumes to know how to be a teacher/carer/driver/IT expert etc but everyone knows how to be a copper. I'm amazed more people don't join as its so simple 😁😁😁
Agree re Police (of course) Nobby but sad to say there are many parents who apparently know how to teach better than those in the job. In particular the ones who say, for example, "my son doesn't lie to me".
Seems many ill imformed nutters also know more than Doctors and Scientists now we've had Covid to deal with.

Last edited: