Plymouth | Page 3 | Vital Football

Plymouth

Haven’t seen a Latics team playing in such a sloppy way for many years. It is shite and we deserve better. I get that it’s a new team but the errors I’m seeing are nothing to do with that

I'm not going to start blaming Sheridan just yet. He's not had time to stamp his authority on them yet. It is concerning, though, that we're actually getting worse, not better.

That was the worst half of football we've played in a long time. Absolutely abject. Well be very interested to see what the response (if any) looks like in the second half, because that display was an embarrassment to the badge.

Plymouth are tidy and well organised, but we shouldn't have anything to fear from them. Barca they are not... but they look like Barca against the shower we've seen so far.

I'm not expecting us to be battering anyone. We're a new team that's still in the very early stages of gelling, and I don't expect us to be amazing. I don't even mind of we lose at the moment... But I do absolutely expect them to look like they're trying. No shame in losing, but there's absolutely shame in going down without even a whimper.

I would expect such a poor performance if
Get Assgaard & Merrie on NOW !
Assgaard showed a lot of promise in the 5 minutes he had on tuesday, I'm sure he would show more fight than we are currently seeing. We are losing too many balls and whoever loses just stands there and watches hoping someone else will win it back. We can't keep hoping that a bit of pressure in the last 5 minutes of each half will win us games!

That was an excellent goal. Absolutely top drawer. Last ten minutes have looked like a completely different team. Shame we wasted a half being absolutely dire, because if we'd played like we are at the moment, we'd have won this game comfortably.

That was an excellent goal. Absolutely top drawer. Last ten minutes have looked like a completely different team. Shame we wasted a half being absolutely dire, because if we'd played like we are at the moment, we'd have won this game comfortably.

No motivation - that’s why !

That is a game we definitely should have won if we had turned up first half. Thought we played pretty well second half and at least we didn’t lose again......

Naismith is in terrible form and could probably do with a rest. Long is every bit as good as Johnson so why play someone else's youth player, might as well play our own.
Evans distribution (particularly second half) was excellent and he was my MoM today.
Tom James was poor, hopefully it's just a blip.
Massey didn't produce much of any end product and was largly anonymous..
Keane looks like a carthorse who couldn't trap a bag of cement one minute and then shows a decent touch the next, need more consistency throughout 90 minutes from him or I'd rather see Jolly, Crankshaw or Aasgard given a chance instead.
I'd guess Solomon-Otabor has done his ankle ligaments landing awkwardly (having done my own about 12 times over the years) and would guess 8 weeks out (total guesswork on my part, could be nothing).

Much improved second half performance, however that doesn't excuse our first half. The players should give half their matchday salary to charity.

We have a problem at the back. Simply put we are too slow. The last few years we have had fleet footed full backs at our disposal, but unfortunately James and Pearce will not be picking up any speeding tickets for us this year. The amount of times their wingers got round the outside today was embarrassing. We need to work on that as it is something I have noticed in the last couple of games and obviously opposition managers are picking up on it too.

Long had a decent game when he came on and should rightfully hold the shirt for Tuesday, however I hope that whatever injury Johnson picked up will not keep him out for long. Tilt had another decent game and will certainly be feeling it tonight after that incident. ( I hope Mrs Tilt is understanding).

When we play at pace we are dangerous and cause problems, but it seems to take a full half to work up steam. We need to go at teams from the off and quicken the pace in midfield to pick out Garner and Keane instead of holding up play and then being forced sideways or backwards. I am sure that is what Sheridan and Richardson are telling them as you can see the frustration they have on the touchline.

Solomon-Ottabor will probably be out for some weeks as he was on crutches and in a boot at the end of the game so I hope Massey can step up and start to play the way we know he can as we will need all the experienced players to step up another level if we are to stay in touch until reinforcements can be brought in.

As I say, a much better second half performance and in the end a deserved point but we need to build on it on Tuesday and keep ourselves clear of the drop zone.

Yes a lot better second half more effort and played at a higher tempo, just showed it was there for the taking.
New manager first priority for new owners I think we know Liam and his lads will be off soon as Cookie gets fixed up.

Much better 2nd half,after a poor opening 45!
We showed a lot more forward drive with purpose and urgency combined with a higher and more intense press to unsettle Plymouth and push them back for the majority.They responded later on and it became end to end in the latter stages and could've gone either way.

I thought Tilt had a decent game and Long impressed alongside him when he came on, especially with a couple of crucial blocks.Evans played well 2nd half and was a pivotal part of our improvement.

Another debatable decision seemed to cost us again though for the disallowed goal. The linesman has to be 100% sure that ball went out. It looked very close and he was miles away and possibly obstructed by the post.So I reckon he has guessed,which makes it a shocking decision! If he was so sure why did it take so long to come to a decision with the ref?

At least we have stopped the rot of defeats and have gained a point,but we have winnable games coming up now against teams around us,starting on Tuesday.So we need to take that 2nd half performance into it and start the game in a similar fashion!

Last edited: