Players going forward | Page 4 | Vital Football

Players going forward

Add McGurk to that list - going to Leeds with Gelhardt by the looks of it.

No Doubt. Hudd.

The whole of our youth/development squads are being ripped apart. Those two Chinese gentlemen have a lot to answer for.

I feel sorry for Rioch having put so much effort in to the development of these players to not see his efforts brought to fruition. Devastating.

No Doubt. Hudd.

The whole of our youth/development squads are being ripped apart. Those two Chinese gentlemen have a lot to answer for.

I feel sorry for Rioch having put so much effort in to the development of these players to not see his efforts brought to fruition. Devastating.
They always were going to be sold at some stage. They are a product to be sold on. That's been the idea all along. It's such a shame that we get ripped off by these greedy scummy premier greed clubs who just 'collect' players. An opportunity for these scum bag clubs to come in and help a lower league outfit that are struggling. I detest the greed league and the wider football authorities with a passion. The lot are a f'ing disgrace.

Its rioch we need to keep and his recruitment team. Obviously very gifted at what they do. If we can keep them im sure they can set us up again with more talented young players.

Its rioch we need to keep and his recruitment team. Obviously very gifted at what they do. If we can keep them im sure they can set us up again with more talented young players.
I hope you're right Danny, but remember, there's a leadtime associated with this. It doesn't happen overnight. The 3 who have gone were the crown jewels, and to produce more of the same standard might be 4 or 5 years away.

Others may come through in the meantime, but these lads were all internationals for their age ........ and the amongst the best in their teams to boot.

They always were going to be sold at some stage. They are a product to be sold on. That's been the idea all along. It's such a shame that we get ripped off by these greedy scummy premier greed clubs who just 'collect' players. An opportunity for these scum bag clubs to come in and help a lower league outfit that are struggling. I detest the greed league and the wider football authorities with a passion. The lot are a f'ing disgrace.
It really is criminal that these lads have been hoovered up by the big clubs in this way. I hope we have managed to insert decent sell ons to reflect the hard graft our academy have put into these kids. Many of whom were discarded by the bigger clubs when they were younger. I really hope there is some justice in the world for what these owners have done to us. Let us hope we begin to see some light at the end of the tunnel by the end of the week

I hope you're right Danny, but remember, there's a leadtime associated with this. It doesn't happen overnight. The 3 who have gone were the crown jewels, and to produce more of the same standard might be 4 or 5 years away.

Others may come through in the meantime, but these lads were all internationals for their age ........ and the amongst the best in their teams to boot.
Yeah totally agree but might pave the way for lads who were just behind them. Im also hoping that they will know about other good young players at other clubs who dont make the grade and can be snapped up so that really speeds up the process. One day I hope we can also sign young lads from other clubs but I dont think our academy is all over and done with. Keep the framework and replace personel... Eventually!!

Edited for dreadful spelling!!

Recruitment team already gone unfortunately.
Ffs whos wise idea was that??

While you're there if cooky walks out and then the day after walks into bristols hot seat why the hell would we let that happen? To save 2 years wages?? Or is it cause we cant actually stop him to demand a fee??

Ffs whos wise idea was that??

While you're there if cooky walks out and then the day after walks into bristols hot seat why the hell would we let that happen? To save 2 years wages?? Or is it cause we cant actually stop him to demand a fee??

Think they cut pretty much everyone who wasn't directly involved in on field activity. I'm suprised the youth coaches haven't gone yet but it seems they are protected.

I think at the moment it's very hard for us to stop much happening due to admin.

I said at the beginning even if we get 12 points back and a new owner i feared this is going to be real year zero stuff for the club. It's going to be a huge step back and massive long term rebuilding process - my expectations are if we emerge from this the club will be unrecognisable. It's just a case of surviving.

A quick glance at Twitter and Pompey fans are still incredibly bitter at Cook for leaving them 3 years ago.

They are the ones calling him names for potentially moving on again while our fans seem relatively understanding of it under the circumstances.

Considering many of them claim they didn't like him anyway when he left they seem to still be very hung up about it.

A quick glance at Twitter and Pompey fans are still incredibly bitter at Cook for leaving them 3 years ago.

They are the ones calling him names for potentially moving on again while our fans seem relatively understanding of it under the circumstances.

Considering many of them claim they didn't like him anyway when he left they seem to still be very hung up about it.
They’ve had three failed seasons since he left, just bitter

Id like jones bowyer or adkins... Do you have a preference?

Id like jones bowyer or adkins... Do you have a preference?

I don't think we'll be looking for anyone until takeover done.

Have to see what happens with appeal and takeover and go from there.

Ideal world id go Lowe or Wellens from Plymouth and Swindon but if we cant afford or attract them for obvious reasons I'd go Bowyer as he has a lot of experience dealing with clubs with off field issues so I think he'd be most adaptable to our circumstances.

Not convinced on Jones from his spell at Luton and think Adkins won't fancy it under these circumstances.

I don't think we'll be looking for anyone until takeover done.

Have to see what happens with appeal and takeover and go from there.

Ideal world id go Lowe or Wellens from Plymouth and Swindon but if we cant afford or attract them for obvious reasons I'd go Bowyer as he has a lot of experience dealing with clubs with off field issues so I think he'd be most adaptable to our circumstances.

Not convinced on Jones from his spell at Luton and think Adkins won't fancy it under these circumstances.
Yeah with jones hes an ex player as you know and they do well here. We tend to rally behind them