Pissing away points | Page 2 | Vital Football

Pissing away points

Nuts by a BD fan. I mean it's not like we never threw away points during his two tenures at the helm.

All teams, bar the scouscers this season, throw away points at some point. Frustrating as feck but a footballing fact.

Hmm how about when we played Blackpool in the league just before the end of the season and put out a weakened team. They won and snuck into the playoffs and we all know what happened then. Genius management.

hard for me to agree that we're pissing away points when i think we have got far more than our general plays warrants. Still feel lots more to come, or needs to be more to come. The window was a big let down as usual whichever way its dressed up or the reason people give. But it doesnt mean that someone like Nuno cant come in, get lucky, get confident, whatever and make a difference. I thought the diakaby (shit, i dont even know his name properly yet) guy looked bright and positive and thats promising. Can he take a free kick by any chance? Hope so

Reading twice - Samba with a weak hand to the shot in the 83rd minute, and Cash not stopping the cross, leaving Figs to put it in our own net in the 97th minute.

Boro at home - That useless Scouser Robinson giving away a penalty with 10 minutes to go.

Millwall away - Fuck me, scoring in the 88th minute and still not able to hold on.

Birmingham - Grabban with a major chance to make it 2-0 and kill the game before the break. Came back to deny us 3 points.

West Brom - Muric at fault.

Wigan almost did it as well, only for a missed penalty.

This will cost us come May. Learn to fucking see out games or forget a chance of the top-six. Nevermind top-two.

Sick of fucking conceding crucial late goals. That's 14 points dropped. Sort it out!
Reading twice - Samba with a weak hand to the shot in the 83rd minute, and Cash not stopping the cross, leaving Figs to put it in our own net in the 97th minute.

Boro at home - That useless Scouser Robinson giving away a penalty with 10 minutes to go.

Millwall away - Fuck me, scoring in the 88th minute and still not able to hold on.

Birmingham - Grabban with a major chance to make it 2-0 and kill the game before the break. Came back to deny us 3 points.

This will cost us come May. Learn to fucking see out games or forget a chance of the top-six. Nevermind top-two.

Sick of fucking conceding crucial late goals. That's 14 points dropped. Sort it out!

Another 4 pissed away (Sheffield Wednesday and Derby) since the return. 93rd and 96th minute. Criminal! (n)

Just goes to show how good we have been at times.

You have listed the majority of our most disappointing results.

So many games where we have dropped points are ones we were winning in.

This has been a ridiculous improvement on recent seasons. Literally, had we been flawless we would be automatic promotion contenders. That's from being absolutely nowhere for 5 years

This has been a ridiculous improvement on recent seasons. Literally, had we been flawless we would be automatic promotion contenders. That's from being absolutely nowhere for 5 years

How? By throwing away leads late-on?

We were very good today, I'll admit, but we couldn't see the job out again.

Sickening! (n)

The thing is we also let one in v Hudds late on and very nearly Bristol.Our intensity has to continue for 2 hours as games now last forever.Alhough it's heartbreak we are not far off being a very good championship side.We need to get some points in our next 3 against teams near us to eliminate a nervous end to the season.I can see Millwall being in the top 6 who have the best run in for those under us.

I think you've missed a couple.

Just shows what a fantastic battke Sabri has done.

As a manager to do what he's done with our players is phenomenal.

Yes, you would say most of our starting 11 is Top 6 material, but outside that, it's relegation battle material at best.

Try not to think about it mate it's too depressing.

I don't understand where it comes from as it seems that we're fit and we're fairly professional and you can't necessarily put it down to youth as whilst we're young, there are plenty of younger teams.

Hmm how about when we played Blackpool in the league just before the end of the season and put out a weakened team. They won and snuck into the playoffs and we all know what happened then. Genius management.

What about the Swansea game when the c_u_n_t was talking about bringing his solicitor to press conferences?

He certainly knew how to prepare for play off games

What about the Swansea game when the c_u_n_t was talking about bringing his solicitor to press conferences?

He certainly knew how to prepare for play off games

Yeah, just like when he got Derby promoted after only 9 months in charge. At least Billy guaranteed a play-off spot, something which Lamouchi hasn't done yet.

And so many extenuating circumstances.

Lamouchi came in and had to prepare the squad with a curtailed pre season.

He is building a squad with a youthful presence who are having to learn their trade on the job.

The average age of our back 5 today was 24 which is incredibly young; what they have lacked in experience has been more than compensated for by their attitude, they way they have applied themselves and the levels of skill displayed.

The fact that they have not displayed the mental strength to close some games out should not be a surprise, but they do not seem to get the credit they deserve for the games in which they have saved us.