Pissing away points | Page 3 | Vital Football

Pissing away points

7 points clear of 7th, we would probably need to not win any of the last 5 to miss out now. There's been a few too many points dropped in the last minutes, pretty young squad on the whole they will make mistakes but it will improve them long term. If we don't go up and we manage to keep the squad fairly together add some decent players to it, we will be up here again and maybe even higher.

And so many extenuating circumstances.

Lamouchi came in and had to prepare the squad with a curtailed pre season.

He is building a squad with a youthful presence who are having to learn their trade on the job.

The average age of our back 5 today was 24 which is incredibly young; what they have lacked in experience has been more than compensated for by their attitude, they way they have applied themselves and the levels of skill displayed.

The fact that they have not displayed the mental strength to close some games out should not be a surprise, but they do not seem to get the credit they deserve for the games in which they have saved us.
I think it is over 20 times now we have gone into the last few minutes with a narrow lead. I think 14-15 of those times we have got over the line

Yes we did chap, but think about where we might have finished if we didn't go 11 away games without a win and lose 9 of them!

Or are you saying that if we make the play-offs this season then all your posts about pissing away points should be forgotten?

Yes X2.

Frank and Harry were both decent managers in their time, but neither had that magic touch like the KING.

Frank had Collymore. Harry had van Hooijdonk and Super Kev.

Billy had Adebola, McGoaldrought, Tudgay, Hendo, Cox, Mackie, Derbyshire etc.

The KING worked wonders with the players at his disposal.

Best manager since Cloughie, no doubt.

Frank and Harry were both decent managers in their time, but neither had that magic touch like the KING.

Best manager since Cloughie, no doubt.

I think your so called 'king' signed every single one of the players you are referencing!

]Frank and Harry were both decent managers in their time, but neither had that magic touch like the KING.

Best manager since Cloughie, no doubt.[/QUOTE] W as the 5-0 defeat to Derby and lacklustre play off performances v Blackpool and Swansea examples of the magic touch chap?

I think your so called 'king' signed every single one of the players you are referencing!

Adebola to see out games. Could do with him now.

McGoaldrought is a Premier League striker.

Tudgay cost £400,000 and was a quick replacement for the injured Blackstock.