Pay What You Can vs Crawley | Page 3 | Vital Football

Pay What You Can vs Crawley

What an absolutely fantastic offer. I've just choked up a bit watching that video.

COYBB!

P.S. I'm boycotting the game 'cos I can't get in for 99p.
Choked up too, so refreshing listening to Brad talk the club up.

Or keep the GRS for Gills fans and give Crawley the BMS. Segregation would be easier and more seats would be available.

Possibly, but two blocks in the GRS, plus one for segregation is probably about 600 tickets. If the tickets continue to go at the rate they are, we might be best to leave the Crawley fans in there and use the BMS, which should be about 1500 ticket (more if the upper tier is open). Guess we can see how the ticket sales go.

On the ticket site large areas are now sold out or with only odd seats remaining. Only 2 blocks in the Gordon Road Stand have any significant number of seats left. Top tiers of the Medway Stand towards the Rainham End and none of the Town End are yet to go on sale.

On the ticket site large areas are now sold out or with only odd seats remaining. Only 2 blocks in the Gordon Road Stand have any significant number of seats left. Top tiers of the Medway Stand towards the Rainham End and none of the Town End are yet to go on sale.
The top tier of the Medway stand towards the Rainham end are normally reserved for watch wine and dine seats, so can’t be booked usually.

Great initiative. I bought a half season ticket last week and am not remotely bothered that I paid for that and now this has been brought out - as long as it fills the place and people come back.

It does have to be said that I don’t think we’d ever see anything quite so generous under Scally - I just don’t think it was in his nature, albeit BG has the goodwill to be able to actually implement this and it be successful, whereas he probably didn’t so it wouldn’t have worked.

Get those self service pumps done now.

I don’t think that uncle Paul is the Scrooge that he’s made out to be, he’s a hard nosed businessman. Bradley is obviously happy to, and importantly financially capable of funding this.

Given all that’s going on with people being skint, massive energy bills etc & our club being in a working class area that’s not flush with £ at the best of times - this is fantastic.

You say that SE1, but I did hear that Scrooge paid PS a visit at Midnight on Christmas eve to show him the errors of his ways.

Looks like only singles and some restricted view seats at the the GRS end block at the back available now. Think that’s around 8000 with the two blocks knocked out for Crawley fans in the GRS and the Town End empty. Pretty much sold out in under 24 hours - real momentum on this. The club really should get the Town End (or at least the lower tier used by Leicester on Saturday) open today to keep the momentum going.

Looks like only singles and some restricted view seats at the the GRS end block at the back available now. Think that’s around 8000 with the two blocks knocked out for Crawley fans in the GRS and the Town End empty. Pretty much sold out in under 24 hours - real momentum on this. The club really should get the Town End (or at least the lower tier used by Leicester on Saturday) open today to keep the momentum going.

Next 2 matches are important. 2 more dull scoreless defeats, and people will be looking at their £1, £5 and £10 tickets, and think "I can't be bothered"

All single tickets now.Apart from the GR block nearest the Rainham end.I have just bought one single ticket.Might struggle to make it but feel it is as good a time as any to but a single seat about half price. I wasn't planning to go but when it gets closer at least now I have that opportunity should I feel able .I will be sitting somewhere different if I make it as I did not react fast enough. Feel there will be at least a thousand like me who for one reason or another may not be able to attend but have bought a ticket anyway.

Last edited:
All single tickets now.Apart from the GR block nearest the Rainham end.I have just bought one single ticket.Might struggle to make it but feel it is as good a time as any to but a single seat about half price. I wasn't planning to go but when it gets closer at least now I have that opportunity should I feel able .I will be sitting somewhere different if I make it as I did not react fast enough. Feel there will be at least a thousand like me who for one reason or another may not be able to attend but have bought a ticket anyway.

Exactly - in hindsight, maybe a match 2 and a half weeks away is too far in the future for this. The 8,000 or so that have bought a ticket are "in the system" at least, but I am interested to see what the ACTUAL attendance is (bums on seats), when people have only spent peanuts on their ticket.