Pay What You Can vs Crawley | Page 2 | Vital Football

Pay What You Can vs Crawley

Agreed.

I also hope existing season ticket holders and those that bought a ticket before the offer don’t start complaining about such a positive step.

I also hope this too, The way I see it you get a season ticket knowing the price is the price at the time and there could be the potential for offers to occur on games it is what it is. You're paying to support the club you love whilst hoping for entertainment in good football (not always guaranteed as we currently know). You're also partly investing your own money into the club as much as us supporters can without being loaded with money. This is why I chose not to have any money back during the pandemic.

Lets hope this will attract a full house, or as full as it can be and like the leicester game it can give the lads on the pitch the confidence and belief that we can push on and up the table. Bit of Positivity, confidence and it will do the world of difference.

COYG!!!

As a ST holder we've had to endure a lot this season but I would rather sit in a stadium full of people who have paid less than me with a bit of atmosphere than the flat half empty games I've been to. As I said on the Hartlepool attendance thread, the fans can make a difference. The more the merrier

This is really good. Make it every other game, for example, home games only and I’m there for the rest of the season!

Reactions: PuB
That would go down really well with those that have responded to the recent 'Half Season Ticket for £175' offer.

The Crawley deal has got to be a one-off surely.
There was a small pressure wave in the air passing directly above unless you knew already and was anticipating “comeback”, in which case, thanks! 😊

Great initiative. I bought a half season ticket last week and am not remotely bothered that I paid for that and now this has been brought out - as long as it fills the place and people come back.

It does have to be said that I don’t think we’d ever see anything quite so generous under Scally - I just don’t think it was in his nature, albeit BG has the goodwill to be able to actually implement this and it be successful, whereas he probably didn’t so it wouldn’t have worked.

Get those self service pumps done now.

Great initiative. I bought a half season ticket last week and am not remotely bothered that I paid for that and now this has been brought out - as long as it fills the place and people come back.

It does have to be said that I don’t think we’d ever see anything quite so generous under Scally - I just don’t think it was in his nature, albeit BG has the goodwill to be able to actually implement this and it be successful, whereas he probably didn’t so it wouldn’t have worked.

Get those self service pumps done now.

Agree. As a STH, I'll be pleased to see the ground full/fuller. Maybe after Crawley, BG could tempt those extra fans back by making it £15 for the rest of the season or at least for a period of time to sustain those good crowds and maybe, if we're going well by April, put the prices up to £20?

However, as an STH, I think a gift for our loyalty might be good too - what about a voucher for a free pint (or soft drinks, teas etc.) at Crawley or another match?

Great initiative. And I agree ST-holders should be compensated accordingly, which, in my opinion, is easy to do, by offering a discount on 23/24 renewals. I’m sure some will moan, but we shouldn’t fear celebrating good work by the club, and this is definitely good work.

Had a quick look and tickets seem to be selling well already. Just odd seats in the RE and the middle sections of the Medway. Wonder whether it may be worth them opening up the Town End (or the lower section like for Leicester) as Crawley should only need a couple of blocks in the GRS. Given the blocks taken out v Leicester for the cameras, gantries, segregation etc., we could easily have a bigger crowd than that.

The added dimension to this is yes, a lot of tickets probably sold for a £1 but those who spent less on a ticket with probably spend more in the club shop, or on half time refreshments and programmes etc.
All money coming in which is nice.

Had a quick look and tickets seem to be selling well already. Just odd seats in the RE and the middle sections of the Medway. Wonder whether it may be worth them opening up the Town End (or the lower section like for Leicester) as Crawley should only need a couple of blocks in the GRS.

Or keep the GRS for Gills fans and give Crawley the BMS. Segregation would be easier and more seats would be available.