Paul Cook | Page 2 | Vital Football

Paul Cook

The rag, tag and bobtails were signed by the manager so what's the point you are making? It's a nightmare of his making. Josh Windass plays every game and is consistently poor yet he sent Cole and Walker out on loan without a chance to prove their worth. We are sliding to our third relegation.

The rag, tag and bobtails were signed by the manager so what's the point you are making? It's a nightmare of his making. Josh Windass plays every game and is consistently poor yet he sent Cole and Walker out on loan without a chance to prove their worth. We are sliding to our third relegation.

And Cole and Walker are really proving him wrong aren't they!!

Paul Cook did not suddenly become a bad manager. He may be at fault for some things, but may others have not been of his making.
he will get it right in plenty of time before the season ends. Be patient and enjoy our great s e as on end.

The side we have out now are a side full of rag tag and Bob tails, journeymen and a side consistently changing styles, systems and personnel and a side lacking in confidence and without that winning momentum.

But that is precisely the issue all the players letting us down are his own men and some of the out of position issues are by choice rather than necessity. We have played a full back on the right of midfield most games since Massey got hurt and a 34 year old who should prob only be back up or Naismith on the left when we have McMannnaman on big wages and 900k Lopes being ignored. Then we have our only left back out and rather than using one of the 3 right backs there we put a Naismith who isn't a defender. We were struggling with Gibson in some games when Evans was on the bench and MacDonald is ignored.

What makes it stranger was we then played successful style and system that was working that he moved away from and everything is worse.

It's not the bad luck, dodgy refs, injuries or tough fixtures that Cook is getting stick for - just the stuff he does have control over and is not doing the things that optimise our chances of success.

We know Cook can do better - we've seen it at the start of the season and in flashes here and there lately but we need to get back to that 'we'll not be affraid to have a go at everyone' mentality he promised and get away from the negative long ball we've slumped into most games since the end of September.

Over this holiday period I do not want to hear or read about Paul making merry with any of his drinking buddies, or any of the first team squad. We are sinking into that relegation zone faster than the Titanic, and the only way we will survive is hard work and dedication. I dont think the club would survive another relegation.

........ We are sinking into that relegation zone faster than the Titanic, ........

Dragnet, as has already been demonstrated, we are not sinking into the relegation zone. Granted, we aren't pulling away, but we're further away from the bottom 3 now than we were 5 games ago.

Just because we lost on Saturday doesn't mean the world has fallen in.

That was shite from start to finish.Vaughn inept, Windass worse. Byrne shit, Evans worse. Morsy crap, Burn worse. Kipre and Walton not great. James not bad Roberts not bad but was knackered and needed substituting. Naismith Motm for his effort first half. Cook gives another awfully crap performance.
Again the starting 11 would not have won promotion last season.

Today was the worst home performance since Warren Joyce was here. The biggest mistake we made 2 years ago was not getting shut of Joyce sooner. This time we must not make that mistake again, Thanks for last season Cook but it's time for you to go.

The Preston game has completely changed our season, prior to that if we were losing our performances were at least good and you could play at least we are playing well in matches card. See Villa away.

However now, its not just results which are poor it is performances too, Reading at home 4 weeks ago was poor and today was up there with Preston. A truly shambolic result and performance.

I think next 3 games are crucial for Cook, i want him to turn it around but when you see the slump we are in and you see the money wasted on poor signings like Windass and players never seen such as Macca and Lopes you ask yourself the question. Would you trust him in Jan window?

Would I trust him in January....NO
I don’t like it when we relieve managers of their jobs but it’s just not working at the moment and we are getting worse game on game. We are losing to mediocre and poor sides at present and I personally can’t see where any improvement is going to come from. We’ve lost the plot and need to address it by having a change a a fresh impetus.

Where is the problem......all over the team but specifically......defence....giving away too many soft goals....we are easy to score against at present. Midfield.....we have no creativity, too many sideways passes instead of looking for a forward opening......Attack......do we have one? No one who can score....and Windass...2.5 million?! Someone made a might big error there, in my opinion. Also, very little pass and move....we are too laboured on the ball and the team has no pace. .........And why oh why do we keep lumping the ball up to Vaughan, who fair does does win it quite a few times....but there is NO ONE playing off him so essentially we just give the ball back to the opposition. Change it a Paul, if you can, or let someone else try......the last thing we want is another relegation!!!