Paul Cook Gone | Page 5 | Vital Football

Paul Cook Gone

Will be surprised if Cook gets this job. Might have to wait for Luton, Barnsley or Rotherham to sack their managers.

Will be surprised if Cook gets this job. Might have to wait for Luton, Barnsley or Rotherham to sack their managers.

I cant see any of those teams sacking their Managers for one reason or another any time soon.
The longer Cook is out of work the harder it will be for him to get a Championship although I suspect Derby could be looking for someone soon unless Wayne is going to step up to the plate.

I think Cook was in the position where his value was at an all time high when he quit but his inability to land a job then means his value has slowly declined by being out of the spotlight.

I think Cook may struggle to get a Championship job as i think the clubs that would like him aren't likely to change manager at the moment and the clubs that will likely have vacancies will fancy someone more glamorous.

I could see Cook ending up at one of the bigger L1 clubs like Hull, Ipswich or Sunderland if their promotion push falters badly later in the season. He said himself the longer the wait for a Championship goes he will look at L1 clubs.

If the takeover ever goes through and he is willing to look at L1 jobs we may have an outside chance of being considered if we offered him to come back, but i think it would need to be perfect timing. As he wont want to come back to this mess on a lot less money unless he's desperate to get back in and there aren't any better options. But according to Cristo we wont need a manager as Sheridan will get a contract along with all the players...

Last edited: