Pardew Stays. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Pardew Stays.

Oh well, we know why ManU finished 15 places above us. They went for stability with a winner. It looks like Ashley is going for stability with mediocrity.

In this case I am a little surprised as I thought changing the manager now would allow Ashley to perpetuate the lie that he's an owner pushing for something other than profit . Just means that we'll be appointing an interim coach in Sept/Oct .

Silly me for hoping Ashley would try and right his wrongs. Wish we'd went down now and he'd lost a bucket load. Ah well there's always next season's disaster to look forward to

Thinking about it, it could be worse.

Using the widely accepted criterion of win ratios, Pardew is 18th out of 27 permanent Newcastle United managers. He sits just behind the eminently successful Willie McFaul and 2 places behind Jim Smith.

It will surely boost his credentials to take over from Roy Hodgson that he is actually 3 places above another home born manager, Sam Allardyce.

That decision has made up a few player's minds too I'd bet.

Any that were 50/50, will no doubt be off now.

Before you buy your season ticket for next season you should consider that Newcastle United have got a manager who actively admits that he doesn't want the club to do anything that would qualify it for Europe.

I have now lost all hope for NUFC. Year by year I just care less and less, eventually I will not care at all. It's that depressing. We can all see that Pardew will last until October, at best.

No Banjo, I think history repeats itself, not by superstition but by people failing to learn from past mistakes and the natural cycles of human failures.

He will probably last up to his usual sacking date - mid December. Llambias knows nothing about football and will be playing odds up until then.

I feel genuinly disheartened tonight another summer of pardew telling us we cant hang on to our players whilst trying to build a team that won't qualify for europe that costs next to nowt and play the worst football since big Sam left .............fuckin hell

Did anyone really think that they were going to sack Pardew, he is a dream come true for Ashley and Llambias and has achieved the set target of staying in the P/L.

I think he'd have gone if we went down! That's what this club needs, relegation after relegation, no sky tv money, no fans going to games, no international stars duped into coming here. That is the ONLY way this fat fuck will fuck off and the sooner the better

For what it is worth have timed another article for the morning.

If it seems incoherent please let me know - am genuinely despairing.

http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=320290

Rexn - 23/5/2013 21:59

For what it is worth have timed another article for the morning.

If it seems incoherent please let me know - am genuinely despairing.

http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=320290

Good article as ever Rex.

At present though, we fans are not needed as much as we think we are as full houses and corporate/food/other sales, only add up to 25% or so of the actual income that the club gets.

Media cash makes up something daft like 60%

If we ever got relegated then all of a sudden, the regime would pay us attention or care what we thought.

Bruce68 - 23/5/2013 21:20

Did anyone really think that they were going to sack Pardew, he is a dream come true for Ashley and Llambias and has achieved the set target of staying in the P/L.
i thought they might sack him no way has this season been acceptable even with injuries and europa, the time was right for a change

Great read rexn its a sad fact that of the 20 teams that start next seasons premier league Newcastle will be the least prepared with the fans just waiting for the first bad game to start the pardew out chants.

Money rules the roost at newcastle and its a sad fact that martinez, manchini, poyet and benitez would have walked here under the shepard regime but wouldn't touch us with a barge pole at present

finishing 16th 2 away wins not one decent 90 minute performance all season, together with the unforgiveable hammering at home to the mackems the joke of a performance v reading liverpool brighton etc

http://www.eplindex.com/32621/infographic-error-prone-teams-premier-league-201213.html

A good read Rexn

Difficult to argue against anything you've said and I'm not about to try. The only thing I disagree with you on is that you focus intently on Pardews failings and limitations then only touch on Ashley's as if they are far less important...........

Did the one purple in the Summer go close to addressing any of the key issues?

Who were Pardews game changers outside of the first 11.....looking at the bench who could he bring on to get us out of the clarts?

Should Sammy Ameobi, Campbell and more importantly Ranger have been anywhere near a Newcastle United first team this season?

How was Pardew meant to cope with not replacing our top scorer in the midst of a relegation scrap?........what effect did that have on the squad knowing that every game was going to be a struggle to score goals?

Was adding 5 foreigners who can't speak English to a squad struggling at the wrong end of the table really the sensible thing to do? Did any of the new additions address the obvious lack of creativity and firepower?

How does a manager cope when his Captain and vice Captain are struggling with personal problems and not fully focused?

I could go on and on...........these are not questions I'm asking you to answer Rexn but as I see them they are reasons why any average manager would struggle throughout a double headed campaign

Benitez has been crying out for a Premier League project.....his little statement sounded like he was actually selling himself to Ashley and Llambias. The fact that he isn't going to be our new manager next season tells you all you need to know about where the real lack of ambition lies

Who wants a season ticket for the house of boredom?...........for whatever reason, me

Good post that E Wing..

I too will be in the house of boredom next season.

The points you have raised are the only real grace savers for me and if you add on the extra games we played then Pardew has the slimmest of excuses, next season he has none, it's all on his back although the regime still need to provide 3 or 4 players first.

Im a total mug with a tough ask for knowing Pardew's history and still hoping that he's gonna change over the Summer months, eradicate the mistakes he makes, create new tactics and have us running like a purring Ferrari engine but the daft optimism that somehow still exists in me, refuses for me to give up the dream.

At least im not alone.

The E Wing - 24/5/2013 07:26

A good read Rexn

The only thing I disagree with you on is that you focus intently on Pardews failings and limitations then only touch on Ashleys failings and limitations as if they are far less important...........

I agree with this view,and would also add that Ashley does have ambitions.