(Paint Pot Trophy) Newport v Pompey | Page 2 | Vital Football

(Paint Pot Trophy) Newport v Pompey

Made me smile too .. surprised you didn't come back with something like 'seems as far away now as it did in round one'

Out of the FA cup but we turn out attentions back to the Paint Pot this week.

What are out thoughts on this game?

Anyone going?

I'm actually going to this. First time and hopefully the last time I ever have to do newport! I've never been warned about going somewhere as much as Newport.
As for the game, this is one we should be hoping to win I think. It sounds like we finished the game against Stevenage on a high. If this continues, we could be a tricky opponent for Newport!

Have my ticket and have even persuaded my 14-year-old to come. Went to the old ground, but they must have tarted up the city centre since then, haven't they?

There wont be too many changes as we have a few injuries and the competition rules will prevent it too.

Really not feeling the away travel these days, would have once been desperate to do a ground like Newport - altho money isnt as freely available these days either to be fair.

Not going but I'll be listening in and hoping for a good game a good performance and hopefully progression to the next round.

Yeah I think so Rug .. so if we win we are in SF .. then two legged Area final .. then overall final at Wembley .. I think that is right .. but that is from somebody who has taken two years to understand the format lol

Ok so we travel to Wales tomorrow in the JPT ..our only chance of visiting the twin towers this season (baring the play-offs)

Guy's selection will determine if he is really up for this game or whether the League s more important.

I think (given the midfield problems) we may see the inclusion of Padovani .. I also think Guy may give a couple of run outs to players returning from injury although there are rules to prevent the team changing too much .. which in my opinion is crazy but that view for another day :)

So if you were guy .. What would be your team tomorrow ?

This is what I would do

Smithy

East
Bondz
Bradley
Painter man

Barch
Johnny
Padovani

Wimpey

Big Pat
DC

Subs
Sully
Coops
Rock-on
Jed
Bird

is what I would do

Smithy

East
Bondz
Bradley
Painter man

Barch
Johnny
Padovani

Wimpey

Big Pat
Bird

Subs
Sully
Coops
Rock-on
Fanny
DC

A little tweak even the news on Big Pat this morning

My team sheet:

GK - Carson
CB - N'gala
CB - Bradley
CB - Devera

CDM - Ertl
RM - Holmes
CM - Padovani
LM - Barcham
CAM/CF - Marquis

ST - Ageymang
ST- Bird

Subs:
Smith
Cooper
Painter
Craddock
Connolly

Carson
East, N'Gala, Devera, Painter
Cooper, Ertl
Holmes, Padovani, Barcham
Bird

Connolly and a couple of youngsters included on the bench

Really not sure what it will be, something similar to that one that MrD puts I think but with Agyemang on the bench, at best?

A good game to try 3 at the back tho a la Chixy's thoughts earlier this week.

Speaking of Chixy who is whimpy?

pompeyrug - 12/11/2013 16:54

Really not sure what it will be, something similar to that one that MrD puts I think but with Agyemang on the bench, at best?

A good game to try 3 at the back tho a la Chixy's thoughts earlier this week.

Speaking of Chixy who is whimpy?

Holmes ... Whimpy Holmes... could equally call him Barrett ...