Oxford | Page 2 | Vital Football

Oxford

That was hard work tonight, team seemed jaded as were the crowd. The performance seemed edgy , with aslow build up & lacking a bit of belief but i guess as we're at the business end of the season any win will do regardless how it come. After the goal it seemed to lift the pressure from the players shoulders & eventually lifted the crowd. Having said that I'll rake these sort of wins for the last 4 games of the season.......UTFT

Yes one mon said he was a bit lively (Cole)well he bloody would be arse warming the bench for three months

Anyroad Dan Burn mom immense that mon not much got past him and we missed Byrne at right back power not confident enough in that position another position to look at next season

i do like it when spoilers like that get their just rewards. Cole must have so wanted to put that in himself that it makes the simple pass to Grigg the coolest thing I've seen all season.
And I know it turned out offside, but that save from Walton was world class.
I can't really find a mom if I'm honest Moonay. Power has done great the few times he's played full back, but not so much tonight for me.
Morsy was Morsy, but he is not the greatest of creative players and for me too much went through him and pass after pass was just not quite there.
I thought Vaughan was poor and he is yet to convince me one way or the other. I thought Jacobs was poor. And I'd rather not have to comment about Massey, but in in 10 minutes he gave us his full reportoir of shit. But, he started the goal by beating his man for the first time that I've seen.

The officials are getting worse as the season goes on. Those lot tonight must surely have been cheating! But we did em anyway ?

I said the same about Cole. He must have been itching to shoot. Agree re Vaughan, but I think you're a touch harsh on Max ......his desire and commitment was first class. Plus he had 4 great shots, two tipped over the bar, one other just over, and one that the goalie never saw till it rested between his legs!

Morsy's pass to Cole was a dream, but otherwise, I know what you mean.
Really really disappointed with Fulton.

And breathe...

We weren't at our best (understatement of season) and it wasn't a great game to watch. However a moment of quality, composure, selflessness and awareness from Cole to square that ball for Griggs tap in. Full marks to the lad. Looks like he has something and is worthy of more game time.

Not great performances and players do look tired. Dunkley, Power and Morsy were our better players but I'd give motm to Cole for that match winning moment.

Oh and the officials again, dreadful.

Hard going tonight, but class always finds a way to come through. MotM for me tonight split between Morsy & Power who were both immense.
Thought Sam Morsy edged it for me. His through ball to Devante Cole perhaps showing a bit of creativity just at the right moment ?
Another Karl Robinson team at the DW with 10 men behind the ball and hoping to pounce on a mistake. He certainly knows how to bore the fans.

Highlights
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11336001/wigan-1-0-oxford-utd

Paul Cook post match talking to BBC Radio Manchester Sport.
Note the comments about ceding the middle of the pitch.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p064mfv3

And talking about effort and commitment, Roberts was immense in that department albeit during a below par showing by him.

Colclough my MOTM. Thought Power was ok but did some awfull passes and Morsy not bad but not outstanding. Other than those three not much to chose from.

Roberts worked hard but was knackered at half time and we carried him for the second half but the weak spots were Fulton, Jacobs, Elder and Dan Burn needs to stop trying to play football and get shut but we can't complain it's rested a few and we grafted out a win.

And the pass from Fulton when Jacobs smashed the bar was the best pass of the game.
So what we are saying is that with so much quality around, sooner or later it will more often than not come good in the end.
In the past I think the crowd would have been very agitated by that tonight, but perhaps everyone knew that we'd get one in the end.

Dan Burn motm for me closely followed by Morsy.
Got to love Vaughans commitment but we need to give Cole a proper chance now.
I dont expect to see Fulton again.
Hate Karl Robinson and his time wasting tactics.
More training for some of the ball boys.

Only one MOTM for me. The man who won the game with that perfectly timed run and layoff. Outstanding, what a response to being virtually cast aside since being signed. Twice now he’s come on with ten minutes left and we’ve gone on to win 1-0. Absolutely chuffed for him.