Oxford | Vital Football

Oxford

mightytics

Vital Reserves Team
Both Managers ringing the changes tonight , maybe a chance for Cole , Powell will be rested , James could come in at fullback .
Whoever starts we still should have enough for this one ..

Despite getting rid of Clotet, Oxford have continued a sour run that began a little bit before we tonked them and then got worse. They'll be keen to make amends though so I don't expect a walkover by any stretch, but I do see us winning by a goal or two.

Also: Shrewsbury have a tough gig at home to Charlton. If we win and they drop points then you have to think that promotion is essentially secured.

You might be right re Cole ........ but I reckon we will be more likely to see him on Saturday.

I do hope so Moonay .. not as if he is a young en waiting for his debut , i think he might even still be up there with the top goal scorers yet not played for us proper yet ..

Still don't understand the fixation with Cole. Have Grigg and Vaughan not scored or done enough to be in the first team? Why would anyone want to drop either of them? Cole will get his chance when one or the other fails or needs to be rested and hopefully having not played much will be hungry and take the opportunity to make himself a fixture in the squad.

I fully agree TB ..... which is why I think a place on the bench might be found for him on Saturday.

The curse of the ex player ...... in reverse !

Still don't understand the fixation with Cole. Have Grigg and Vaughan not scored or done enough to be in the first team? Why would anyone want to drop either of them? Cole will get his chance when one or the other fails or needs to be rested and hopefully having not played much will be hungry and take the opportunity to make himself a fixture in the squad.

i agree that vaughn and grigg have done enogh to secure there place in the 1st team. but. starve a lad of proper and regular game time and any expectateons of them coming good on the nite fizzle away with each passing day. its not just the legs you need to keep fresh. its the mind as well. as an ex goalie you wuold no better than most what its like to do nowt for 85 mins then be asked to pull of some game rescuing saves.

Same applies to any position Brick and I aint seen anyone suggesting we drop Dunkley or Burn to accommodate Bruce or drop Walton to give Jones some game time or even bench Morsy to play Fulton. I agree that not playing regularly can have negative effects as well as positive ones but how many times has there been criticism of managers on here for rotating the squad without need. Cole seems to be a different case for some and I just wonder if that is because of his famous fathers reputation.

Seem to be all over them again without the ability to put the ball in the net.

Once again a job for Will?

Shrewsbury 1-0 down. Three points could be priceless tonight.

Cole on with 9 minutes left. Here is a chance for the lad to make himself a hero.

1-0 Cole squared it across to Will Grigg to score.

8 points clear of Shrewsbury as we stand with 4 games to play. Got to be good enough!!

Charlton then go and score again in the 8th minute of injury time just for good measure.

So that is another 3 goals added to the goal difference.

Promotion has got to be done and dusted now for certain!!

Wow, what a nervous wreck I was listening on the radio. It’s results that matter now and we’ve just got a huge win because even if Rovers win on Thursday they are still below us. Well done Cookie!!

Frustrating at times but I'll take it. Another clean sheet too. I also think the brief glimpses we keep getting of Devante shows he might be ready for a start ahead of Vaughan.

A win & a draw for promotion .......less if Shrewsbury skip up again. Bloody marvellous.

Hard going tonight, but class always finds a way to come through. MotM for me tonight split between Morsy & Power who were both immense.