Oxford | Page 4 | Vital Football

Oxford

Totally agree - just ignore the trolls & they'll go away - hopefully.

i doubt it. They just run out of things to say then rehash the same old stuff. Given the choice of making sure my family don't need to spend hard earned money on child care and going to see Wigan in the champions league there is no contest for me. Others may have different priorities.

The only thing that I have been very disappointed with this season is the home attendances.
Season tickets went as well as expected but I thought there might have been more of the missing 4k taking up the half season ticket offer when it became clear we would be challenging at the top.

The only thing that I have been very disappointed with this season is the home attendances.
Season tickets went as well as expected but I thought there might have been more of the missing 4k taking up the half season ticket offer when it became clear we would be challenging at the top.

I think the harsh truth is a decent part of our potential fan base just aren't interested in L1 football regardless of if we are doing well or not. It's a real shame as you'd think if you support Wigan you'd want to see them play regardless of the opposition, but it's just not the case for many in our catchment area.

It's funny though as i'm the exact opposite I only care about what we are doing, the division we are in and the sides around us these days. I've had very little interest in the Prem since we went down.

You would imagine that the way City have played this season then a season ticket at the Etihad would be like gold dust. Yet still they have spaces left and sometimes large ones at that.

So why anyone would expect people to choose to spend there time and money to watch Latics play what has seemed to be, from reports from those who do go, lack luster performances against teams that we should be battering. I can only assume that attendances will get better when and if we start improving our performances against better opposition. If we have another season like last season, then I am not sure they will ever come back.

You would imagine that the way City have played this season then a season ticket at the Etihad would be like gold dust. Yet still they have spaces left and sometimes large ones at that.

So why anyone would expect people to choose to spend there time and money to watch Latics play what has seemed to be, from reports from those who do go, lack luster performances against teams that we should be battering. I can only assume that attendances will get better when and if we start improving our performances against better opposition. If we have another season like last season, then I am not sure they will ever come back.

Jeez Oscar what with this post n your last one you seem to be on a downer with life as a Latics supporter with it getting in the way with your other interests / commitments. Fair do's everyone has different priorities etc but if you don't want to go to a match then that's your choice but unless you go to a game & judge it for yourself then you'll not know wether we as a team are good, bad or indifferent cos there's a few of us that can go to the same match & all have different opinions of wether we were good/ bad / indifferent. What I'm trying to say Oscar is - try it & see how good / bad we are if your circumstances allow. Not all doom n gloom at the DW....top of the league, crap at home, beltin away from home, p.poor support n atmosphere at home ( few exceptions...City being obv one) good support away with generally a good atmosphere........but only my opinion....Try it ya may like it!!!

I have every intention of going again next season assuming there is no change to circumstances domestically.

I suppose the point I was trying to make was that there have been many posters who seem decidedly underwhelmed by our performance this year in what they considered to be a league that was beneath us. In addition the suggestion seems to be that as good as this team has been in this league there are a number who will get caught out next year. Add to that the possible imminent departure of the Manager and this does not offer a particularly attractive prospect for next year. m

I will form my own opinion next season given the chance, but those who have attended this year, apart from the odd game, haven't really sold this present team to me especially in the championship.

I go to watch my team, i don't particularly care who the opposition is.

I go to watch football. I care how my team play football and particularly how they play against better teams. The new messiah has yet to prove himself as, as if now, he has done no more than Caldwell or Rosler and look what happened to them. I get as much enjoyment watching Latics lose and play well or get beaten by a team playing good football as a 7-0 victory against crap opposition.

You cannot say that you get as much enjoyment from a 1-0 home defeat to Blackpool as you do from a 1-0 win against Man City in the cup.

Jeez Oscar what with this post n your last one you seem to be on a downer with life as a Latics supporter with it getting in the way with your other interests / commitments. Fair do's everyone has different priorities etc but if you don't want to go to a match then that's your choice but unless you go to a game & judge it for yourself then you'll not know wether we as a team are good, bad or indifferent cos there's a few of us that can go to the same match & all have different opinions of wether we were good/ bad / indifferent. What I'm trying to say Oscar is - try it & see how good / bad we are if your circumstances allow. Not all doom n gloom at the DW....top of the league, crap at home, beltin away from home, p.poor support n atmosphere at home ( few exceptions...City being obv one) good support away with generally a good atmosphere........but only my opinion....Try it ya may like it!!!

goog post jl

careful tho else nots will be on at you for seying sommart bad after weve pleyed a game. if me or tl4e has sed this then all sorts of self righteous guffering would follow. but youve sed exactly everything ive beleved in abuot this bord all the time. good ovservations, honest opineon and better said than i could of done.

. I get as much enjoyment watching Latics lose and play well or get beaten by a team playing good football as a 7-0 victory against crap opposition.

so you would rather see us lose a game as long as we pleyed well. and watching us give another team a good drubbing does nowt for you.
eh?

sorry oscar but thats the weerdest statement ive ever read.

I suppose if all you are interested in is the score Brick then you would find that weird. As I said I go to watch good football and like a lot of supporters I feel I was short changes last season and the thought of us beating far interior teams this season equally was unappealling. Add to that personal circumstances and it all contributed to me not renewing my season ticket.

I didn't say I enjoy one more than the other, but I could enjoy one as much as the other. As I say I suppose it depends on if you are interested in how we play more or less than the result. The impression I have had from those going to games is that as well as we have done, we have been unimpressive in victory in a few games this season, which doesn't put a positive spin on next season without money being spent, which I can't see without our ailing take over happening.

I suppose if all you are interested in is the score Brick then you would find that weird. As I said I go to watch good football and like a lot of supporters I feel I was short changes last season and the thought of us beating far interior teams this season equally was unappealling. Add to that personal circumstances and it all contributed to me not renewing my season ticket.

I didn't say I enjoy one more than the other, but I could enjoy one as much as the other. As I say I suppose it depends on if you are interested in how we play more or less than the result. The impression I have had from those going to games is that as well as we have done, we have been unimpressive in victory in a few games this season, which doesn't put a positive spin on next season without money being spent, which I can't see without our ailing take over happening.

fair do's mate and i get the bit abuot personal circamstances an all. lifes to short

The problem this season has been the gulf between our known ability and the opposition shown by how they have immediately parked the bus and time wasted.
2 years ago we saw some competitive home games as most teams came to have a go at us which resulted in some exciting matches.
We have played some excellent football at home but have been frustrated by chance after chance not going in so if you do enjoy good football rather than scorelines and you wasn't there , its your loss.

goog post jl

careful tho else nots will be on at you for seying sommart bad after weve pleyed a game. if me or tl4e has sed this then all sorts of self righteous guffering would follow. but youve sed exactly everything ive beleved in abuot this bord all the time. good ovservations, honest opineon and better said than i could of done.

Why thank you kind Sir......as a few on here say we can all go to a match & all see the game different...we shuda had a hatful In a 1-0 win, we were lucky in a 4 -0 win, shuda scored 4 or 5 in a defeat etc. As for the Cook is yet to prove himself as said by a poster ....he's doing a great job for us & hasn't anything to prove for me anyroads...top of league, best GD, can do a plan B, got us out of jail with some good subs & has the team playing as a team with confidence and belief. I know it's easy to say when we're not far off poss promotion but as I say proved a lot of doubters wrong so far.

I go to watch football. I care how my team play football and particularly how they play against better teams. The new messiah has yet to prove himself as, as if now, he has done no more than Caldwell or Rosler and look what happened to them. I get as much enjoyment watching Latics lose and play well or get beaten by a team playing good football as a 7-0 victory against crap opposition.

You cannot say that you get as much enjoyment from a 1-0 home defeat to Blackpool as you do from a 1-0 win against Man City in the cup.

I've read some horseshit in my team on this board, probably wrote a bit as well. However this crap goes right to the top of the pile.

'The new messiah has yet to prove himself'. We're currently top and will be promoted, possibly as champions. We reached the 1/4 of the fa cup as a league 1 club, beating 3 of these top flight teams you so admire including the champions and arguably the greatest team this country has seen over a season. In doing so the football in general has been entertaining, he has improved players and has brought back the feel good factor to the club. All in a season. So what else in that short time span could he have realistically done to prove himself???

As for the other shite about gaining as much enjoyment from a loss as you would a 7 nil drubbing as long as it was by a decent team; we go to support OUR club not drool over opposition players. Basically these series of posts are just another attempt at self justification for not watching the club at league 1 as you feel it's beneath you. Supporting a club is about just that, supporting a club. It isn't conditional given the level it plays at. Shameful.