Out for the season | Page 3 | Vital Football

Out for the season

Guess I must be a glutton for punishment, not only being a 1,000 percent Blade but also in all walks of life. Must be boring az f,,k supporting the same old, same old, allus on the gogglebox wirh a bunch of twats, cooing and telling thee all about what thaz just seen with thi own mince pies, deffo not for me, al leave the fickle glory hunter wank fans to that shite! At least winning a corner and not conceding in the first 10 minutes gives an ardent Blades fan optimism and excitement, tha can,t say that about the moneybags expect to win befoor a ball is kicked mob, boring or wot! Az an 18 year old joining the soft and barmy with the choice of "Rear Echelon Motherf..ker mobs, I opted for the ball breaking, work your bollox off selection process to pass the gruelling test to be part of a mob where life expectation after lobbing into action is roughly 7 hours, Deep Joy! Add to this I,ve been Sam & Harry,d for 57 years to the same woman and still survive the nagged to death syndrome, altough I must admit that deafness in later years is a big f,,k off bonus!
So all in all and all things considered and regardless of how the team are doing, being a Blades fan is really a joyous thing! "Antique Shoreham Boy!"

Max/RND both done this season. I wouldn't offer either a contract, nor McBurnie, they are never fit. Can't keep pissing money away on injury prone players.

I was thinking about that same sort of subject last night Aya.
With the optimism that we would get a result v Brighton I had Monday night boxed off to watch a game that had some bearing on us, Everton v Palace.
Sunday's result rendered that, and so many other games to come, irrelevant so, not only do we lose out on SUFC games and interest but the rest of football is eroded and a big part of (some of) our lives goes missing.

TBH on last month's trip to Asia it was probably the only time in the last 60 odd years that I didn't know who we were playing next.

It's a funny old game and this must be as low as we've been for many years.
I know there'll be comments about the dark days of Div 4 but football has changed since then.
It's so much more high profile, media dominating and 'important' to so many and the PL ( for good or bad) is responsible for that.
ATM not only are we setting unwanted records, stinking the place out and generally showing ourselves up but we are doing it with such a high profile and in such contrast to the ready comparison that is the glitterati of Luton.

SUFC- death by a 1000 cuts, most of them self inflicted.
I know exactly where you're coming from as do all Blades but there IS always light. We beat Luton at their place as we should have at the lane, no comparison imo much rather be a Blade. The BRIGHT side is that with all the demoralising results we are getting this season the young lads coming through like Osula, Brooks and now Olie are all from OUR academy and are quality. Invaluable experience for them with one or two holding their own in this league and quite a few looking to break through. OUR academy. Okay, we will probably go down but will have learnt something and, I think, Wilder sees this, the future is the young lads who really want to give their all for the Blades. Take it on the chin Blades, we will come again with our own at the core. There's always hope and maybe another TC, Woody just around the corner but one of our own. The Lane will be packed with smiling faces again, even in Sheffield (depressing lot!!).

I was thinking about that same sort of subject last night Aya.
With the optimism that we would get a result v Brighton I had Monday night boxed off to watch a game that had some bearing on us, Everton v Palace.
Sunday's result rendered that, and so many other games to come, irrelevant so, not only do we lose out on SUFC games and interest but the rest of football is eroded and a big part of (some of) our lives goes missing.

TBH on last month's trip to Asia it was probably the only time in the last 60 odd years that I didn't know who we were playing next.

It's a funny old game and this must be as low as we've been for many years.
I know there'll be comments about the dark days of Div 4 but football has changed since then.
It's so much more high profile, media dominating and 'important' to so many and the PL ( for good or bad) is responsible for that.
ATM not only are we setting unwanted records, stinking the place out and generally showing ourselves up but we are doing it with such a high profile and in such contrast to the ready comparison that is the glitterati of Luton.

SUFC- death by a 1000 cuts, most of them self inflicted.
To be honest since the car accident thats the way I've been. Far too much going on like the bleeding insurance company taking back the courtesy car but still not settling the write off payment and trying to get myself fit again to worry too much about that shower's latest kick in the nuts. It's amazing how easy it is to reprioritise a lifetime's obsession and the prince and his entourage should understand that there will be thousands of Blades out there who will be coming to the end of their tether once and for all if this fiasco continues into the next season.

I know exactly where you're coming from as do all Blades but there IS always light. We beat Luton at their place as we should have at the lane, no comparison imo much rather be a Blade. The BRIGHT side is that with all the demoralising results we are getting this season the young lads coming through like Osula, Brooks and now Olie are all from OUR academy and are quality. Invaluable experience for them with one or two holding their own in this league and quite a few looking to break through. OUR academy. Okay, we will probably go down but will have learnt something and, I think, Wilder sees this, the future is the young lads who really want to give their all for the Blades. Take it on the chin Blades, we will come again with our own at the core. There's always hope and maybe another TC, Woody just around the corner but one of our own. The Lane will be packed with smiling faces again, even in Sheffield (depressing lot!!).

To be honest since the car accident thats the way I've been. Far too much going on like the bleeding insurance company taking back the courtesy car but still not settling the write off payment and trying to get myself fit again to worry too much about that shower's latest kick in the nuts. It's amazing how easy it is to reprioritise a lifetime's obsession and the prince and his entourage should understand that there will be thousands of Blades out there who will be coming to the end of their tether once and for all if this fiasco continues into the next season.
Of course they'll always be 'our' team but the eager anticipation, the over arching interest drops off with the continual, complete squandering of the successive chances we have already had this century to get a seat on the world's biggest gravy train.

Being 'born' into supporting any club is mainly a curse but, by God, do SUFC test the elasticity of that relationship - and that's probably the best analogy I can find.
When we're upsetting the odds that elastic nips a bit at the waist, it's tight, but it's comfoortable,welcome and sort of reassuring.

When we screw up- and this season has to be the biggest yet in terms of unwanted records, lack of spirit and commitment, lack of bottle, lack of fight- and that elastic needs a knot in it to keep your pants from falling down.

Always look on the bright side- and well done for that JWAR - but sometimes that light at the end of the tunnel seems miles away.

At least us Blades live in the world of reality, unlike the pigsters who tell anyone daft enuff to listen what a massive club they are.

John Egan lookin likely to leave BDBL at the end of the season cos of his lack of fitness/match availability,if this happens surely he'll not be the only one leaving. UTB

At least us Blades live in the world of reality, unlike the pigsters who tell anyone daft enuff to listen what a massive club they are.
44 teams in the top 2 divisions and only 18 haven't made it to 30K average in the last 50 seasons and 1 is unbelievably the massivest club in world football. Another fact Notts County have the 1 season highest average in Nottingham in the last 70 years.

But for the opposite reason Everton let holgate come would forest have let a decent decent player come to a rival 🤷‍♂️
We probably would have. 🤷🏻

Re the injury list, it's a mess and just adds to our financial problems. Good bad or indifferent we would have expected to make a return of investment on some of them them, but as it stands the best we can hope for now is to get a whole bunch of players who've spent more time in the James Wallace suite than on the pitch off our wage list.

I see we're advertising for a club doctor...