Out for the season | Page 2 | Vital Football

Out for the season

Better player retention, better recruitment and above all, better manager.
Sorry but the Wilder/Hecky/Wilder waltz has been a complete joke for us - but again I'm sure its saved our esteemed owner a bob or two
I agree to varying degrees on all 3 we know we need change at the top but that isn’t going to happen we also need a change of tac regarding retention and recruitment but I don’t think that will happen either I’m sure it’s been said before but as a club we are so small minded and while ever we have that mindset we won’t achieve the next level best we could hope for is like Norwich yo yoing for a few yrs till everybody else overtakes them like has happened this last couple of yrs,when we drop down we won’t be one of the favourites to get back up unless there’s a complete change in thought I fear another dozen or so yrs at least treading water
It’s criminal we are in this state having had 3 of the last 5 seasons in the prem any other team would have kicked on from here even the pigs and that’s down to the board and HRH

Better player retention, better recruitment and above all, better manager.
Sorry but the Wilder/Hecky/Wilder waltz has been a complete joke for us - but again I'm sure its saved our esteemed owner a bob or two
I reckon CW came back with half an eye on a miracle, saving us from 'oblivion' and being cemented into the Blades history as the best ever.

The reality must be hitting hard. Not only poor but players, technically,physically and mentally weak.
Will he see it through- a complete rebuild- or will he walk?
If he wants to stay in football it's Hobson's choice for him, he's hardly in demand and, after the sh!tshow he's presiding over , he's further eroded any semblance of credibility he had after departing BDBL last time.

Hopefully he's got the stomach for a rebuild from the bottom up as he did last time bringing in players with some heart, spirit and balls for a battle.

Whatever happened to his " they have to be the right fit" mantra?

Seems his desperation has led us to proven no marks like Holgate.
What are the whole club thinking with such short term, hasty, ill judged actions?

Have we ever had such a weak willed,cave in at the first problem, set of shysters in one team?

I reckon CW came back with half an eye on a miracle, saving us from 'oblivion' and being cemented into the Blades history as the best ever.

The reality must be hitting hard. Not only poor but players, technically,physically and mentally weak.
Will he see it through- a complete rebuild- or will he walk?
If he wants to stay in football it's Hobson's choice for him, he's hardly in demand and, after the sh!tshow he's presiding over , he's further eroded any semblance of credibility he had after departing BDBL last time.

Hopefully he's got the stomach for a rebuild from the bottom up as he did last time bringing in players with some heart, spirit and balls for a battle.

Whatever happened to his " they have to be the right fit" mantra?

Seems his desperation has led us to proven no marks like Holgate.
What are the whole club thinking with such short term, hasty, ill judged actions?

Have we ever had such a weak willed,cave in at the first problem, set of shysters in one team?
That’s the only glimmer I’m hanging onto the fact he turned it round in one window the last time although I don’t doubt it was probably easier in league 1 than it will be in the championship it costs more money for a start and nobody has a clue how much he will have to work with, even he probably doesn’t know as next season is way too far ahead for this head in the sand club to contemplate

My "unconditional love" of the Blades is now a thing of the past. I'll still support them, but not at the level of before. Once bitten, twice shy. Football is now so dominated by money that its not worth getting too excited about.

My "unconditional love" of the Blades is now a thing of the past. I'll still support them, but not at the level of before. Once bitten, twice shy. Football is now so dominated by money that its not worth getting too excited about.
I was thinking about that same sort of subject last night Aya.
With the optimism that we would get a result v Brighton I had Monday night boxed off to watch a game that had some bearing on us, Everton v Palace.
Sunday's result rendered that, and so many other games to come, irrelevant so, not only do we lose out on SUFC games and interest but the rest of football is eroded and a big part of (some of) our lives goes missing.

TBH on last month's trip to Asia it was probably the only time in the last 60 odd years that I didn't know who we were playing next.

It's a funny old game and this must be as low as we've been for many years.
I know there'll be comments about the dark days of Div 4 but football has changed since then.
It's so much more high profile, media dominating and 'important' to so many and the PL ( for good or bad) is responsible for that.
ATM not only are we setting unwanted records, stinking the place out and generally showing ourselves up but we are doing it with such a high profile and in such contrast to the ready comparison that is the glitterati of Luton.

SUFC- death by a 1000 cuts, most of them self inflicted.

My question to the owner would be: Why did he not change the recruitment team when Wilder left the first time ?.
The probably answer is again cost and he just does not have a clue, so it is easier to just stick, and put 100% blame on whoever the manager is at the time.
Very very poor management to continue with something that has monumentally failed in the last few seasons.
A new head of recruitment and DOF are needed as soon as possible but will no doubt cost too much.
All roads lead back to Abdullah.

I've said it before, but as much as we lost Ndiaye/Berge before the start of the season, the loss of Egan was just as bad. What he lacks in pace he more than makes up for with positional sense and organisational skills - which is exactly what our defence is lacking at the moment. And we have to stop this 5-3-2 stuff - it leaves us far too lightweight in midfield which all the decent clubs exploit.

As for recruitment - I presume we got Holgate because he was all we could afford who had Premiership experience.

We shop at Poundland compared to the rest of the division - and boy does it show.
Egan was gettin slaughtered by some BLADES this season and last,some even said they were glad he got injured,i'd never say that abart any player but he was playin when we were losin most weeks earlier in the season.UTB

I was thinking about that same sort of subject last night Aya.
With the optimism that we would get a result v Brighton I had Monday night boxed off to watch a game that had some bearing on us, Everton v Palace.
Sunday's result rendered that, and so many other games to come, irrelevant so, not only do we lose out on SUFC games and interest but the rest of football is eroded and a big part of (some of) our lives goes missing.

TBH on last month's trip to Asia it was probably the only time in the last 60 odd years that I didn't know who we were playing next.

It's a funny old game and this must be as low as we've been for many years.
I know there'll be comments about the dark days of Div 4 but football has changed since then.
It's so much more high profile, media dominating and 'important' to so many and the PL ( for good or bad) is responsible for that.
ATM not only are we setting unwanted records, stinking the place out and generally showing ourselves up but we are doing it with such a high profile and in such contrast to the ready comparison that is the glitterati of Luton.

SUFC- death by a 1000 cuts, most of them self inflicted.
Yep normally I’d have watched that last night as we should have had a vested interest in it and I did start watching it but couldn’t muster any interest so switched over with less than 20mins gone. I’m finding myself more interested in championship games assessing next seasons opposition 🫤

Yep normally I’d have watched that last night as we should have had a vested interest in it and I did start watching it but couldn’t muster any interest so switched over with less than 20mins gone. I’m finding myself more interested in championship games assessing next seasons opposition 🫤
It was a poor game,not entertainin at all i thought Bully,i dint gi a shiny what the result was cos i accepted we were goin darn by the middle of september and i don't blame either of our 2 managers for this season,yes they've both med mistakes which manager dunt but the fault as i've said plenty of times lies in the board room in my opinion.UTB

I'll always be a BLADE and one who;ll go to BDBL regularly whilst i'm able too,but these awful results don't upset me for as long as they used too back in the day.I suppose after 60 odd years followin the club through thin & thinner is forced to have some sort of effect ie; ya get used to the disappointments. UTB
I think the scale and frequency of them is challenging the biggest of blades never mind the rank and file members 🫣

Once a Blade, Always a Blade! Whether near or far, through good or bad, being a Blade is a special genetic gift to the cream of the Sheffield population!
"Antique Shoreham Boy"