Out for the season | Vital Football

Out for the season

Bulmer1889

Vital Football Legend
Staff member
Both max Lowe and RND both out of contract in the summer I’d deffo let Lowe walk but there’s a case for RND too he does look as though his legs are made of twiglets

Both max Lowe and RND both out of contract in the summer I’d deffo let Lowe walk but there’s a case for RND too he does look as though his legs are made of twiglets
TBH Bully, of the current squad there's only one I'd really like to see next season - and he'll be going back to Man City - and out on loan again.

Having said that, with the current scouting team, I wouldn't trust them to recruit a car park attendant never mind a squad of committed, talented, enthusiastic, play for the shirt triers.

Late again Knorbhead,i put on the match thread at 7.13am this mornin that both were out for the season.:giggle: UTB

Late again Knorbhead,i put on the match thread at 7.13am this mornin that both were out for the season.:giggle: UTB
So you added to your post after I read it htf am I supposed to know youve added some news after you posted its marked as read once I've seen it 🤷‍♂️
Stop treating everyone like they come from treeton some on here have been educated you know 🙄
Piss poor attempt at a wind up !

So you added to your post after I read it htf am I supposed to know youve added some news after you posted its marked as read once I've seen it 🤷‍♂️
Stop treating everyone like they come from treeton some on here have been educated you know 🙄
Piss poor attempt at a wind up !
My post was edited at 7.43am your reply was posted 8.33am if you're educated thank fork i aint you dozey two hat.:ROFLMAO:Piss poor attempt at a reply by thee ya Knorbhead.:yes: UTB

My post was edited at 7.43am your reply was posted 8.33am if you're educated thank fork i aint you dozey two hat.:ROFLMAO:Piss poor attempt at a reply by thee ya Knorbhead.:yes: UTB
Good spot this is what happens when I’m on my phone at the hospital without my glasses 🥴
I can only assume I fell asleep before reaching the end of your post then 🤷‍♂️

Btw saw your old m8 blocky before the game he was looking well retirement definitely suits him

You,re from Treeton Rod? A lad from theer used to use the gym I ran in town called Tim, he was big into bodybuilding and him and his dad worked down the threpenny bit and during the miners strike having to live on spuds they grew, so I kept em going on coffee and cereal snacks. Tim must have lost about 3 stones in weight during that time and started to resemble Mr. Puniverse! Nice lad but not exactly a full shilling. He once came to the gym with a barnet style like some top Yank Wrestler and pissed him off by telling him that he looked like "Bertie The Badger!"

What a fragile, feeble little thing Lowe is. This isn't the first time he's got injured very easily in the kind of way anyone with a male body should avoid.

I can't wait to see him gone.

Never liked him from the moment he signed.

Good spot this is what happens when I’m on my phone at the hospital without my glasses 🥴
I can only assume I fell asleep before reaching the end of your post then 🤷‍♂️

Btw saw your old m8 blocky before the game he was looking well retirement definitely suits him
Hope it was nowt too serious you were in't hospital for mi owd pal.I've seen Blockers a few times at games this season and yeah he duz look well the owd chuff.UTB

It's maddening we didn't cash in on Lowe, Coulibaly and Jebbison when we had the chance. That's something we need to be better at. Add it to the long list of things we need to be better at.

Wilder said he bought Lowe on Frank Lampard's recommendation. So it was no surprise that when he started at Stamford Bridge Chelsea ruthlessly targeted our left side. Lowe's an OK footballer but a terrible defender.

It's tough on RND and us. If he was fit and firing he'd be an asset in the Championship next season. His latest setback has to put his United career at risk of ending.

Wilder said he bought Lowe on Frank Lampard's recommendation. So it was no surprise that when he started at Stamford Bridge Chelsea ruthlessly targeted our left side. Lowe's an OK footballer but a terrible defender.
When Frank Lampard gives you advice say thanks and do the opposite.

Also he just signed Grbic on Dukes advice, tells the world he's our number one and that Wes could leave in January if an offer comes in. A few weeks later Wes is number 1 again and Grbic is on the bench.

I think Wilder needs to get a full revamped recruitment team, he's made some really poor signings, as did Hecky.

When Frank Lampard gives you advice say thanks and do the opposite.

Also he just signed Grbic on Dukes advice, tells the world he's our number one and that Wes could leave in January if an offer comes in. A few weeks later Wes is number 1 again and Grbic is on the bench.

I think Wilder needs to get a full revamped recruitment team, he's made some really poor signings, as did Hecky.
Recruitment needs root and branch restructuring. The past two windows have shone a light on that.

Grbic shares an agency with Ramsdale, so Bettis is familiar with working with them. Knowing we were in the market for a goalie, and we were looking at several, they've likely approached us about his availability, Duke and Mitchell have watched a few videos, Wilder's had a Skype chat with him - and bish, bash, bosh, it's piss off Wes the contract rebel we''re going to make an example of, here's your 2 million odd quid Atletico, now lets rashly tell the media Grbic starts no matter what.

We then took a risk in the cup which blew up in our face. You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

I hope Grbic comes good, you don't get to join an elite club like Atletico or play for Croatia without having something about you. However the way he was bought and the process he was integrated into the team just feels rushed, lacking in thought and amateurish.

Trusting this manager and Mitchell with a rebuild is fucking insane, but it looks like that's what we're going to be doing.

Recruitment needs root and branch restructuring. The past two windows have shone a light on that.

Grbic shares an agency with Ramsdale, so Bettis is familiar with working with them. Knowing we were in the market for a goalie, and we were looking at several, they've likely approached us about his availability, Duke and Mitchell have watched a few videos, Wilder's had a Skype chat with him - and bish, bash, bosh, it's piss off Wes the contract rebel we''re going to make an example of, here's your 2 million odd quid Atletico, now lets rashly tell the media Grbic starts no matter what.

We then took a risk in the cup which blew up in our face. You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

I hope Grbic comes good, you don't get to join an elite club like Atletico or play for Croatia without having something about you. However the way he was bought and the process he was integrated into the team just feels rushed, lacking in thought and amateurish.

Trusting this manager and Mitchell with a rebuild is fucking insane, but it looks like that's what we're going to be doing.
Who would like to do the rebuild Raumy? I'm not having a dig at you,i'm just interested to hear who you think could do the job satisfactorily.The season was gone long before Our Chris came back i think.It's very disappointing going to BDBL and expectin to get hammered but as i've said i blame the board for the vast majority of this very poor season.UTB

Who would like to do the rebuild Raumy? I'm not having a dig at you,i'm just interested to hear who you think could do the job satisfactorily.The season was gone long before Our Chris came back i think.It's very disappointing going to BDBL and expectin to get hammered but as i've said i blame the board for the vast majority of this very poor season.UTB
Wilder had an impossible task but I would question the signing of Holgate. Why would Everton allow a rival for relegation to sign a centre half if he was any good for the Prem league.Even Southampton ended his loan early.

It's maddening we didn't cash in on Lowe, Coulibaly and Jebbison when we had the chance. That's something we need to be better at. Add it to the long list of things we need to be better at.
Yep. We're far too precious about it. Good opportunities to sell aren't always there. The best time to sell a player will rarely appear to be that obvious. So when the opportunity is there, far more thought needs to be given to it. The default answer can't always be 'keep him'.

Coulibaly, FFS. What the fucking hell were we thinking. If we could have got a fraction of what was reported we should have been utterly ruthless in getting it.

The one thing to remember is simply that no player is irreplaceable.

Sick of us being a mug club who only lose players for free. Like buying, selling is a skill. We really ought to take more pride in it.

I've said it before, but as much as we lost Ndiaye/Berge before the start of the season, the loss of Egan was just as bad. What he lacks in pace he more than makes up for with positional sense and organisational skills - which is exactly what our defence is lacking at the moment. And we have to stop this 5-3-2 stuff - it leaves us far too lightweight in midfield which all the decent clubs exploit.

As for recruitment - I presume we got Holgate because he was all we could afford who had Premiership experience.

We shop at Poundland compared to the rest of the division - and boy does it show.

I've said it before, but as much as we lost Ndiaye/Berge before the start of the season, the loss of Egan was just as bad. What he lacks in pace he more than makes up for with positional sense and organisational skills - which is exactly what our defence is lacking at the moment. And we have to stop this 5-3-2 stuff - it leaves us far too lightweight in midfield which all the decent clubs exploit.

As for recruitment - I presume we got Holgate because he was all we could afford who had Premiership experience.

We shop at Poundland compared to the rest of the division - and boy does it show.
Exactly the reason we should have signed Worrall instead of Holgate. A big commanding no nonsense CB, who is also very vocal.

I agree with a lot of your post aya but how do you explain luton they have spent less than us granted they kept their squad together but they have spent peanuts in comparison and I know they are in the bottom 3 but they aren’t getting embarrassed every week and are in with a shout at stopping up and let’s be honest we would have all taken that and most expected it at the start of the season

I agree with a lot of your post aya but how do you explain luton they have spent less than us granted they kept their squad together but they have spent peanuts in comparison and I know they are in the bottom 3 but they aren’t getting embarrassed every week and are in with a shout at stopping up and let’s be honest we would have all taken that and most expected it at the start of the season

Better player retention, better recruitment and above all, better manager.
Sorry but the Wilder/Hecky/Wilder waltz has been a complete joke for us - but again I'm sure its saved our esteemed owner a bob or two