Our Internationals | Page 4 | Vital Football

Our Internationals

Ref a disgrace. He let Poulson hack Harry down in the last ten minutes but inexplicably refused to book him. He then let sundry of their team pull back and wrestle our lads to the ground with no yellow cards issued. I hate how the commentators never say a word to point out the unfairness. How often does rashers pass to Harry?

Spot on about the ref. He had a shocker.

What is also beginning to pi$$ me off is the debate of Mount and Grealish not able to play together. Back to the old Lampard and Gerrard shenanigans. There is no debate, Grealish hands down wins the position.

Like been said before, Southgate ain't taking England far. The WC progress was all about the will and attitude of players. He's trying to rebuild the team and I am afraid some of selections for the squad are not fit for PL let along the national team. I tune in to watch our lads.

What is also beginning to pi$$ me off is the debate of Mount and Grealish not able to play together. Back to the old Lampard and Gerrard shenanigans. There is no debate, Grealish hands down wins the position.

Like been said before, Southgate ain't taking England far. The WC progress was all about the will and attitude of players. He's trying to rebuild the team and I am afraid some of selections for the squad are not fit for PL let along the national team. I tune in to watch our lads.

But he was 'proud' of his team, that says a lot about his standards. Never in the history of English international football has an England manager devalued the England cap to the extent that this guy has.

Had to laugh at a comment on BBC sport that said the boldest thing Southgate did all night was to wear a waistcoat .
ive said from day one , Mount , Rice , Abrahams , Maguire , , Sancho just are not international quality . They may progress later in their years , except Maguire ! , but not yet . Why he keeps playing them in knock out stages of whatever this was ? I don’t know . But what do I know .

I used to like Southgate, he was bold and played promising attacking football with in form players, now he's gone the same route as most other England managers...boring, defensive, sideways football and continues to pick his 'favourite players'.
We've arguably got the best crop of English players for 20 years, sooner he goes the better.

Reggie's had a super game. Very positive player for Spain. Great assist for the equaliser. The nob Ramos missing 2 penalties as if they were gimme's, ponsing about.

Reggie's had a super game. Very positive player for Spain. Great assist for the equaliser. The nob Ramos missing 2 penalties as if they were gimme's, ponsing about.

Just seen the video of Reggies assist, excellent. Also Sonny had one from similar area but an outswinger. Hugo in another video with a fine save .

Just seen the video of Reggies assist, excellent. Also Sonny had one from similar area but an outswinger. Hugo in another video with a fine save .
Nick, Did you see the two penalties that Ramos took? Thought he was trying to be too clever (twice), seeing either of those scored would've won Spain the game.

Based in 1st half viewing I like the look of Rodon. One great tackle in the box to deny the Irish striker. I can see him displacing Sanchez long term.

Last edited:
England line-up looks like the following

Pickford
Walker, Dier, Mings
Trippier, Hendo, Rice, Chilwell
Mount, Grealish
Kane