Our Internationals | Page 2 | Vital Football

Our Internationals

Pickford, Walker, Dier, Maguire, Trent, Trips, Hendo, Rice, Mount, C-Lewin, Rashford

Kane not fit to start but on the bench, Winks not even in the match day squad.

Toby starts for Belgium.

Huge talent difference between the two sides. Could get a mauling.

It's actually quite depressing today.

I feel sorry for Dier. Every time he can get close to Lukaku, Maguire is about 20 yards away. Maguire just can't be arsed to defend and only cares about going forward. Trips is a shocking LWB and Rice is being totally found out against the Belgium midfielders. Rashford is lazy. Our left side is as bad as I've seen it. Trent isn't tracking back either which would allow Walker to support Dier.

What we'r seeing is the Southgate that managed Boro. Clueless.

It's actually quite depressing today.

I feel sorry for Dier. Every time he can get close to Lukaku, Maguire is about 20 yards away. Maguire just can't be arsed to defend and only cares about going forward. Trips is a shocking LWB and Rice is being totally found out against the Belgium midfielders. Rashford is lazy. Our left side is as bad as I've seen it. Trent isn't tracking back either which would allow Walker to support Dier.

What we'r seeing is the Southgate that managed Boro. Clueless.

Actually, I will give Southgate credit for that second half. He spotted the problem with Maguire being anywhere but where he was supposed to be, and got him back alongside Dier. That helped our shape and made us so much more solid. Walker was my MoM.

A good result for England. Strange selection and set up by Southgate but fair play to him, it kind of worked. When I saw the MF I was thinking where the creativity was. Tripps, Henderson and Rice didnt inspire me.

I think Southgates thinking was probably far more complex than I can comprehend.

For me one word described the game....Crap! I cannot be bothered to analyse it.

Yeah, but at least we won, despite being crap, I know they had half a dozen players missing, but then we had a few too.

Looks like we could get out of this group as winners - and that can make a big difference to the draw.

But Southgate is about as adventurous as Woy.

I see that Arsene Wenger is quoted as saying that the European Nations Cup should be scrapped and that the World Cup and Euros should be played every two years. Couldn't agree more, this stuff going on at the moment seems a pointless bore. If our players have to be worked until they drop, I'd rather it be in meaningful competition.

I see that Arsene Wenger is quoted as saying that the European Nations Cup should be scrapped and that the World Cup and Euros should be played every two years. Couldn't agree more, this stuff going on at the moment seems a pointless bore. If our players have to be worked until they drop, I'd rather it be in meaningful competition.

How many games per season is safe and acceptable for a player generally speaking? Obviously some can play more than others but there has to be a guideline. I dont know but I am guessing 50 per year approx.