Other Games 21/22 | Page 65 | Vital Football

Other Games 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
So disappointing watching that final. We should have been walking that competition using our extended squad for 99% of it. Our failure in it doesn't just reflect poorly on Nuno but on this group of players too. Getting knocked out in the group stages was a joke. The Conte positivity doesn't fully cover that for me but it just reinforces the need to continuing changing the squad.

So disappointing watching that final. We should have been walking that competition using our extended squad for 99% of it. Our failure in it doesn't just reflect poorly on Nuno but on this group of players too. Getting knocked out in the group stages was a joke. The Conte positivity doesn't fully cover that for me but it just reinforces the need to continuing changing the squad.

We have to remember that UEFA played god with our fate in this competition and we didn't get "knocked out". We still had a game to play and could have gone through. They just inflexibly made sure we didn't play when they could have easily made our last fixture playable.

Doesn't excuse our performance before it or the bunch of prima donnas who think they are bigger than our managers and wouldn't play for him. It has all worked out fine though. I'm sure Jose would prefer Roma in the CL rather than picking up that trophy and finishing 6th.

We have to remember that UEFA played god with our fate in this competition and we didn't get "knocked out". We still had a game to play and could have gone through. They just inflexibly made sure we didn't play when they could have easily made our last fixture playable.

Doesn't excuse our performance before it or the bunch of prima donnas who think they are bigger than our managers and wouldn't play for him. It has all worked out fine though. I'm sure Jose would prefer Roma in the CL rather than picking up that trophy and finishing 6th.
Roma have had a net spend of around £100m since Jose arrived last summer. This season they finished one place higher - 6th - than last. They gained one point more - 63 -than last season. No doubt Jose will be claiming it's been a successful season.

It should never have been in UEFAs hands though. In that tournament we lost to Pacos de Ferreira, Mura, Vitesse and could only just about scrape a draw with Renne. We were a joke and deserved to be kicked out. It should never have come down to the last game of 6 to see if we can win to finish level on points with Vitesse in 2nd place. We only have ourself to blame.

The players turned their noses up at the thought of playing in that tournament even though it was their best chance of winning anything in their careers and got punished accordingly.

It should never have been in UEFAs hands though. In that tournament we lost to Pacos de Ferreira, Mura, Vitesse and could only just about scrape a draw with Renne. We were a joke and deserved to be kicked out. It should never have come down to the last game of 6 to see if we can win to finish level on points with Vitesse in 2nd place. We only have ourself to blame.

The players turned their noses up at the thought of playing in that tournament even though it was their best chance of winning anything in their careers and got punished accordingly.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have qualified on our own, but we were stitched by UEFA who should be ashamed of what they did. You also have to put into context the fixture congestion and the switching of elevens rather than the required integration of the first team with the rest.

The problem was clear though. We started the season with 5 games in 14 days, picked up 3 big 1-0 wins in the league and won one and lost one in Europe. A certain England captain also turned up a week late and wasn't match fit for our busy August,

Then we fell to pieces in September, being battered by Palace, Arsenal and Chelsea. 6 games and an international break but still got a win and a loss in the ECL.

October wasn't much better. We had 2 wins, 2 losses in the league and beat Burnley in the Carabao. Throw in another international break and we then lost to Vitesse. Well actually, we played bad but got totally stitched up by the worst ref we had all season. He was an incompetent UEFA cheat of a referee.

However, after that 30 Oct 3-0 defeat by Utd at home, the writing was on the wall for Nuno. His players had let him and us down and let's be honest, he wasn't a good fit. We beat Vitesse but had that shocking defeat to NS Mura. Conte hadn't had time to sort anything out at that point but joined around yet another international break.

December was when it eventually turned. 4 wins and a credible draw against Pool in the league plus a Hammers victory in the Carabao. Unfortunately, our last game against Rennes was postponed due to COVID in the camp. That was 9th December and UEFA took care of the rest.

Where I agree with Conte is about not losing. Sometimes you don't play well but get the draw. If we had done that in the ECL, then we could have been just fine. That is why I'm so glad we're in the CL. Wholesale changes never work. You maintain a core, change a few and keep rotating to keep everyone fresh. CL encourages you to do that. EL / ECL deludes you that you can change an entire eleven and get away with it. You rarely do.

Anyway, being thrown out of the ECL was our silver lining. It got us focused.

More bollox goung on with VAR ,,, more laws being made up in the spot .
FOUR bindippers touched the ball before Benzema is deemed to be offside .

How does that not play him onside . ?

I honestly thought he was offside on the initial pass....I still think that was the call.

I honestly thought he was offside on the initial pass....I still think that was the call.
I could have understood that , but from what I saw they didn’t investigate that .
The laws they brought up last night about unintentional passing of the ball and playing the man onside ,? I’ve never heard of .

Surely that opens up a whole new can of worms , “ I didn’t mean to pass that back pass to the goalkeeper and for that nasty man to intercept it and score a goal….. that wasn’t my intention .
How many debates have we seen regarding a long through ball , attacker offside , but the defender tries to head it or stick a foot out , touches the ball and plays the attacker onside.
We got that prick on BT Sport , Peter Wilson , Ex ref , whining on about how simple the decision was , that nobody intended to pass the the ball back to Benzema . Kin ell …. Konata touched it , then Allison had a go at it , then VD and some other bindipper bundled it back to Benzema , who scored . That’s four kin bindippers!
So in theory Benzema was offside from his own pass !!!!
You couldn’t make it up ….. but they do !

Why is it that there's always so much controversy surrounding Liverpool's support whilst on their travels? Oh hang on. Didn't they also bottle the M.City bus upon their arrival at Anfield? Charming. So glad they lost.
They even tried to bring up the condition of the pitch , which clearly wasn’t a problem .

Anybody seen a “ I was pepper sprayed in Paris “ tee shirt yet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.