Other Games 21/22 | Page 67 | Vital Football

Other Games 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that "clear and obvious" BS again. Nobody is asking whether there was contact and therefore a penalty. Nobody is consulting the laws of the game. Just 2 referees, one at Stockley, protecting Riley's team's KPI's.

It is an absolute mess. It was a penalty.

As you know, there are two types of contact; one is deliberate, and the other is trying to persuade the referee by simulation. In that instance, the latter, so the player was cautioned. There were more grounds for a penalty later on, as the challenge was from the wrong side and behind. Although more clumsy than deliberate.

As you know, there are two types of contact; one is deliberate, and the other is trying to persuade the referee by simulation. In that instance, the latter, so the player was cautioned. There were more grounds for a penalty later on, as the challenge was from the wrong side and behind. Although more clumsy than deliberate.

That was the confusing part though. If you look at the defender, he got no way near the ball and made contact with the man. If you look at the attacker, he was still putting one foot in front of the other going for the ball. I didn't see simulation at all. I saw his right foot get caught by the defender. That foot deflected onto the other leg which caused the fall.

So I can forgive Moss at the speed it happened. I can't forgive the law makers though who put this "clear and obvious" BS ahead of the laws of the game every time. As the commentator said. If Moss had given a penalty and no yellow, they wouldn't have changed that decision. How is that right?

That was the confusing part though. If you look at the defender, he got no way near the ball and made contact with the man. If you look at the attacker, he was still putting one foot in front of the other going for the ball. I didn't see simulation at all. I saw his right foot get caught by the defender. That foot deflected onto the other leg which caused the fall.

So I can forgive Moss at the speed it happened. I can't forgive the law makers though who put this "clear and obvious" BS ahead of the laws of the game every time. As the commentator said. If Moss had given a penalty and no yellow, they wouldn't have changed that decision. How is that right?

The complexities can throw up many grey areas. I do not have a definitive answer, just my take on why both decisions went against Huddersfield.

Look out for Forest in the PL next season...........won't be long before a bigger club takes an interest in Steve Cooper.

So I see Italy had their arses handed to them on a plate by Argentina last night. Does get you wondering why Southgate's England got dicked by them in the summer. They've missed out on 2 world cup qualifications as well.

Saying that, when you leave Bastoni on the bench and put old man Chielini up against the Argie forwards, there should be no surprise, That was his swansong apparently. Apparently, Bonucci is carrying on and taking over as captain.

lol - why don't you just say what you're thinking rather than talk around the subject :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Haha pissing myself with laughter, thanks for that muttley!

Have nothing really to say about the Sweaties, so for me be blunt and no chat lol!

Maybe have a chat if the likes of White, McKay or Gilzean, to name 3 were playing lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.