Other games 19/20 | Page 38 | Vital Football

Other games 19/20

• Thread starter Removed at own request
  • Start date
I’m watching it...the most depressing thing is seeing the quality of players both teams have compared to us....Pulisic is such a great talent...speed, close ball control and a great finish...both teams levels of fitness and tempo is so much greater than ours...I think we are light years behind and have little hope of reaching their levels in the near future...Jose has a very difficult job..

We have contributed to putting ourselves light-years behind by not upgrading on players who continue to spend years at our club not being good enough.

Them winning another trophy is seriously depressing.

They have won 4 FA Cups in the last 7 years. Like it or not they are still a bigger club than us. Having said that over the years we have had a far superior team yet still win nothing.

Thanks ENIC. What a wonderful job you have done.

Yeah, if it was once you'd just say that the footballing gods shone favourably on them. That could have happened to us if that dickhead Anthony Taylor sends Antonio Valencia off in the first half or Dier's shot doesn't hit the post against Utd.

But 4 times is a joke. It means they are doing something so differently from THFC.

Them winning another trophy is seriously depressing.

They have won 4 FA Cups in the last 7 years. Like it or not they are still a bigger club than us. Having said that over the years we have had a far superior team yet still win nothing.

Thanks ENIC. What a wonderful job you have done.

Yep hard to agree, but true.

Didnt Arse use the kids in the FA cup for some time ? That's ditching it because of other priorities. Which devalues the prestige of the cup. At the moment the FA cup means very little to me, in fact it's more of a hindrance and that's how Wenger saw it.

20 mins into the new Scottish season and Edouard has scored again. Not a spectacular goal but what a great striker he is. We certainly should be interested in him, especially if Kane is to move. Would likely cost no more than 30m but unlikely for Celtic to sell him this summer with them trying for the 10 in a row this year.

Didnt Arse use the kids in the FA cup for some time ? That's ditching it because of other priorities. Which devalues the prestige of the cup. At the moment the FA cup means very little to me, in fact it's more of a hindrance and that's how Wenger saw it.

A hinderance to what? We ain't winning any title anytime soon. We blew our once in a life time chance to win the CL.

I would take 10th and a FA Cup over 6th and jack shit.

Trophies are what makes a club successful not CL qualification. I think we have proven that under Poch.

We should be aiming to do both anyway, that's what big clubs do. It's never one of the other.

Lol.
Lol. Wenger thought it was a hindrance whilst Arsenal were challenging for the title. Once their aspirations were just getting into the top 4 he was delighted with the FA Cup. Mind you, he did win it often enough and it probably saved him his job in those final years.

A hinderance to what? We ain't winning any title anytime soon. We blew our once in a life time chance to win the CL.

I would take 10th and a FA Cup over 6th and jack shit.

Trophies are what makes a club successful not CL qualification. I think we have proven that under Poch.

We should be aiming to do both anyway, that's what big clubs do. It's never one of the other.

A hindrance to winning a decent competition with kudos.

A hindrance to winning a decent competition with kudos.

That mentality has worked out so well at Spurs. With one League Cup in the last 20 years under the mighty ENIC.

All the best teams love winning the smaller competitions. It sets a winning mentality to go onto bigger things. Fergie, Jose, Pep, Wenger have all said this over the years.

Dismissing the FA Cup, League Cup, Europa League is so ignorant. Who the hell are we to dismiss any competition when we never win anything?

In the last 30 years we have won 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cups. That's how pathetic we have been.

That mentality has worked out so well at Spurs. With one League Cup in the last 20 years under the mighty ENIC.

All the best teams love winning the smaller competitions. It sets a winning mentality to go onto bigger things. Fergie, Jose, Pep, Wenger have all said this over the years.

Dismissing the FA Cup, League Cup, Europa League is so ignorant. Who the hell are we to dismiss any competition when we never win anything?

In the last 30 years we have won 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cups. That's how pathetic we have been.
Part of that is that we are the only ones who think we are a big club...we never have been under Levy and the record speaks for itself...each time we have reached a tipping point under both Harry and Poch, Levy has spent money on infrastructure and not the team...We are a big club, but only in real-Estate terms.

Watching Fulham in the final is like watching 11 Scotty Parkers doing Pirouettes!. So far they've had the best chances. Another gritty performance from Josh. Extra time!

Would have been good to see a different club get promoted but fair play to Scot Parker getting Fulham promoted and we will see Onomah in the premier league now. The sad thing about these sort of games is that you know several of the Brentford team will likely move on to different clubs.

Not sure he asctually knew what he was doing...and got lucky ...thats how I saw it anyway...but well done and his desire and finish for the second as a full back was excellent so well done that man!

Not according to Parker!

https://www.skysports.com/football/...he-premier-league-at-the-first-time-of-asking

He said: "The opening goal was planned. We looked at Raya's positioning from free-kicks, he's very aggressive. I called Joe over before the free-kick to try to make out we were doing some tactical thing, let's move it over, but I told him to keep an eye on his positioning, and commit to the shot. He did it, and it worked.

"We did it in the last game and it went nowhere near the goal - tonight, thankfully, it's worked. My staff deserve full credit for that.

Not sure he asctually knew what he was doing...and got lucky ...thats how I saw it anyway...but well done and his desire and finish for the second as a full back was excellent so well done that man!
There's a few interviews going around that they identified it as a weakness of the goalkeepers and deliberately went for it so on this occasion I think we have to say skill!

Just watching the City game.

Football is in the gutter once again with VAR and the rulebook. Simply shocking by IFAB who seem intent on killing the art of defending.

Then Sterling misses a totally open goal. Then Edersen gifts them a goal.

Very entertaining 5 mins of football though.