Other games 19/20 | Page 39 | Vital Football

Other games 19/20

• Thread starter Removed at own request
  • Start date
Well while part of me was pleased to see the money cheats beaten part of me wanted to see an English club win....Guardiola decided to try to stay defensively strong which made his team play in a very pedestrian and non-offensive way...he left Silva, Foden and Bernardo Silva on the bench essentially the engine room of their attacking play and played Gundogan, Rodrigo and DeBryne essentially in an unproductive, pedestrian MF and rarely created a scoring chance...their familiar defensive cock-ups kicked in to give Lyon an early lead and then when City equalised and Sterling missed an open goal from 3 yards their defensive hopelessness let Lyon score 2 more.

Guardiola, for all his tactical skills really screwed up and his track record on buying defenders and defensive MFs is poor....LaPorte is average to poor, Stones is rubbish, Otamendi poor, Gundogan average, and Rodrigo poor...it seems City are suffering from the Barcelona disease in that the key players from his successful team have aged and have left (Silva, Aguero, Kompany) and the replacements cant cut it.

posted this on the Other Activities thread...glad you found this one Mutters.

Another Dembele that escaped us...we seem to buy the injury prone ones!. I was a fan of his since the Fulham and then the Celtic days and could never figure out why he was overlooked.

Well done Lyon. Incisive attacks with pace worked for them. Sterling taking shooting lessons from Sissoko. Don't think he will be enjoying his holidays much.

Another Dembele that escaped us...we seem to buy the injury prone ones!. I was a fan of his since the Fulham and then the Celtic days and could never figure out why he was overlooked.

Well done Lyon. Incisive attacks with pace worked for them. Sterling taking shooting lessons from Sissoko. Don't think he will be enjoying his holidays much.
If I recall correctly, the rumour at the time was that Dembele had a bad knee that would cause problems at the medical. Always find that excuse rumour amusing especially when several other clubs then come in for the player and they play years without sign Of this terrible mysterious injury. Of course maybe other clubs have a higher risk tolerance which is funny when you consider our injury records.

Sorry! but I did laugh out loud when RS missed that sitter, the look on his boatrace was brilliant, bet he was wondering who he could blame for that eff up.

Well while part of me was pleased to see the money cheats beaten part of me wanted to see an English club win....Guardiola decided to try to stay defensively strong which made his team play in a very pedestrian and non-offensive way...he left Silva, Foden and Bernardo Silva on the bench essentially the engine room of their attacking play and played Gundogan, Rodrigo and DeBryne essentially in an unproductive, pedestrian MF and rarely created a scoring chance...their familiar defensive cock-ups kicked in to give Lyon an early lead and then when City equalised and Sterling missed an open goal from 3 yards their defensive hopelessness let Lyon score 2 more.

Guardiola, for all his tactical skills really screwed up and his track record on buying defenders and defensive MFs is poor....LaPorte is average to poor, Stones is rubbish, Otamendi poor, Gundogan average, and Rodrigo poor...it seems City are suffering from the Barcelona disease in that the key players from his successful team have aged and have left (Silva, Aguero, Kompany) and the replacements cant cut it.

posted this on the Other Activities thread...glad you found this one Mutters.
Never City & never the Chavs. They just buy titles, they don't earn them.

Just shows the overall level of quality under Pool this season is just....lacking. (City when on their game are up there as well)

Ole is out of his depth. He has been gifted the best AM in Europe who gets a penalty every game and he still won jack shit.
I think that’s a little harsh RD....they have great attacking options (Rashford, Greenwood, Martial), talented MF (Pogba, Fernandes and Fred), emerging talent at LB with Davies plus Shaw but the big hole is in the CB and RB areas where Maguire and Lindelof are never going to be top quality and Wan Bissaka has not developed, plus DeGea has had a series of nightmares...whatever Ole’s alleged shortcomings he has managed to get them CL football next season and the big question about his managership for me is why he would want to buy Sancho when he desperately needs top quality defenders that Utd no doubt could afford.

Sorry! but I did laugh out loud when RS missed that sitter, the look on his boatrace was brilliant, bet he was wondering who he could blame for that eff up.

Sterling did lots of positive things in the match including the setup and assist for DeBruyne to score, but you choose to focus on the one thing he got wrong.

I think that’s a little harsh RD....they have great attacking options (Rashford, Greenwood, Martial), talented MF (Pogba, Fernandes and Fred), emerging talent at LB with Davies plus Shaw but the big hole is in the CB and RB areas where Maguire and Lindelof are never going to be top quality and Wan Bissaka has not developed, plus DeGea has had a series of nightmares...whatever Ole’s alleged shortcomings he has managed to get them CL football next season and the big question about his managership for me is why he would want to buy Sancho when he desperately needs top quality defenders that Utd no doubt could afford.

He has been backed massively by the owners. No doubt he will get another few hundred million. Sorry I don't see any qualities in the bloke whatsoever.

If he wasn't a United legend he wouldn't be the manager.