Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1532 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

It's obvious that Amanda Staveley is only there to front the purchase. How on earth can she keep putting in investment at the same level that the Saudi's will. Her share will be diluted bit by bit until it's nothing. She will be getting an enormous backhander for pulling this deal off for them.
Doesn't her husband head up the Saudis investment vehicle, I think that's the connection

Well I am blaming the following for the Newcastle takeover .

In no particular order .

Smith - his ceiling has caused this .

Luiz- but thankfully for us he is in Brazil being kept away from the club which is best all round

Mings - his chewing gum antics haven't helped.
Haha. Are you on acid Melon? I've started hallucinating myself tbh.

No surprise. No doubt Man City will be leading the angry pack;)

Angry Premier League clubs demand emergency meeting on Newcastle deal
  • Other 19 clubs united in opposition to Newcastle takeover
  • Clubs concerned Premier League’s brand could be damaged

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...bs-demand-emergency-meeting-on-newcastle-deal

"The demand for the emergency meeting is not so much an attempt to derail the takeover – because it is too late – rather a reflection of how high feelings are running."

PR Stunt? I mean its an utter failure of the EPL, UEFA and FIFA that City were purchased by the royal family of the UAE in the first place. For all their politics shitetalk they've now let 3 political entities purchase clubs. So what leg do they have to stand on, "my human rights abuses are not as bad as your human rights abuses".

I don't know how they run these anti-racism campaigns (amongst other things) and have the fucking balls to let 3 middle-eastern nations with dodgy recent histories own football clubs. And even worse 2 of them are fairly prominent now and have a huge amount of power.

Surely womens football should look at breaking away at this stage.

It's interesting that the Saudis are being compared to Mike Ashley like Mike Ashley is the limit of scumminess we are willing to accept.

We were all happy to turn a blind eye to how Randy made his money since he seemed like a nice guy. We didn't ask questions of Dr X either when none of his credentials stood up.

As long as football clubs have owners, we are going to have these issues. You don't get to be a billionaire by being a decent guy and doing the right thing.

I don't know if this changes anything. PSG, Citeh and Chelsea have been spending way beyond their means for years. Now we get to add Newcastle to the list. It's not as if Roman Abramovic doesn't have blood all over his hands.

My guess is that the ESL is going to happen sooner or later. I think I'd rather it was sooner but NSWE will be on their bike as soon as it does. Or even worse, we could be invited to join and end up as Chicago Aston Villa.

Players and agents rubbing their hands with glee I bet. There might be a big 6 or top 4 but only one team can win the league or champions league and with Newcastle seemingly set to join that throng these teams will all be completing for the same players. See Kane is now being touted to join Newcastle, I bet he's loving this takeover, couldn't have happened at a better time for him, his agent or Levy :hmmm:

It's interesting that the Saudis are being compared to Mike Ashley like Mike Ashley is the limit of scumminess we are willing to accept.

We were all happy to turn a blind eye to how Randy made his money since he seemed like a nice guy. We didn't ask questions of Dr X either when none of his credentials stood up.

As long as football clubs have owners, we are going to have these issues. You don't get to be a billionaire by being a decent guy and doing the right thing.

I don't know if this changes anything. PSG, Citeh and Chelsea have been spending way beyond their means for years. Now we get to add Newcastle to the list. It's not as if Roman Abramovic doesn't have blood all over his hands.

My guess is that the ESL is going to happen sooner or later. I think I'd rather it was sooner but NSWE will be on their bike as soon as it does. Or even worse, we could be invited to join and end up as Chicago Aston Villa.
Spot on mate, football fans have no scruples when it comes to owners, and Villa Park would be packed to the rafters regardless of how these people made their money. You can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs

Spot on mate, football fans have no scruples when it comes to owners, and Villa Park would be packed to the rafters regardless of how these people made their money. You can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs

If the Saudi government had taken us over I wouldn't set foot in Villa Park again till they buggered off. I know they invest in many companies and our corrupt, spineless government sell them weapons and whatever else but owning MY football club is different.

I have never voted for this government and like most people I'm not checking the list of shareholders in every company before I order a takeaway or buy petrol but that's not exactly the same as going to a stadium and activity cheering on the representatives of a state like Saudi Arabia. I love Villa and to see them used as PR for a regime that oppresses women, behead people, murders gay people and sponsors terrorism all over the globe would kill me inside.

Learner inherited his wealth and god knows waft dr x was but you can't compare either to what the state of Saudi Arabia is.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...bs-demand-emergency-meeting-on-newcastle-deal

Clubs have expressed concern that the Premier League’s brand could be damaged by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) taking an 80% stake in Newcastle, although eyebrows will be raised at this given the identity of other owners in the division. The deal has been fiercely criticised by human rights groups, especially as PIF – the state’s sovereign wealth fund – is overseen by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

I assume Man City haven't complained then?!

It's obvious that Amanda Staveley is only there to front the purchase. How on earth can she keep putting in investment at the same level that the Saudi's will. Her share will be diluted bit by bit until it's nothing. She will be getting an enormous backhander for pulling this deal off for them.
She only holds 10% so only needs to add £10 to every £90 from them. Also it’s her investment company’s cash, not hers. So not a great problem for her.

She only holds 10% so only needs to add £10 to every £90 from them. Also it’s her investment company’s cash, not hers. So not a great problem for her.
That might be the case if the project is there to make money but it’s not. The returns are likely to be negative. However if the majority of the money enters as “sponsorship” deals from Aramco etc then she should be fine. It would be interesting to see the shareholder agreement as I’m sure it would provide mechanisms for dealing with the issue. Doubtless the premier league have scrutinised it!

Last edited:
If the Saudi government had taken us over I wouldn't set foot in Villa Park again till they buggered off. I know they invest in many companies and our corrupt, spineless government sell them weapons and whatever else but owning MY football club is different.

I have never voted for this government and like most people I'm not checking the list of shareholders in every company before I order a takeaway or buy petrol but that's not exactly the same as going to a stadium and activity cheering on the representatives of a state like Saudi Arabia. I love Villa and to see them used as PR for a regime that oppresses women, behead people, murders gay people and sponsors terrorism all over the globe would kill me inside.

Learner inherited his wealth and god knows waft dr x was but you can't compare either to what the state of Saudi Arabia is.
The thing is mate, like mine, your house will be full of goods made in China and they are just as bad as the Saudis. Dr X was a crook and I called it from day one, only to be called of being racist, worked out ti was right. Anyone done any digging into how our Egyptian bloke made billions, of course not we don't really care and in fact are happy he holds 6% of Adidas who use virtual slave labour to make their overpriced trainers.
For everyone like you, there would be 10 waiting to grab your season ticket

Most football fans accept Adolf Hitler as their owner if he promised £1bn to spend on players.

Modern football fucking sucks. I used to love football. I used to watch anything I could find on the telly. Italian football, Division 2, Vauxhall Conference, whatever was going. Over the years my focus has become narrower and narrower. It was any football and that became English football. Then that became PL football. Eventually that became only Aston Villa matches and now I only watch our matches when the kick off is at a decent time.

Every time they change the rules it makes it worse. Every time.

VAR is absolute dog shit. Some Norbert in a room hundreds of miles away looking for a reason not to allow a goal. Piss off.
Now these knobbers want to turn football into cock measuring competition between the Arab countries. They won't be happy until they have completely ruined it. I just wish they would get on with the global ESL so that the Seoul Spurs could play Dubai Citeh and we could completely ignore their "product".

I'm not sure that I'm walking away from football just yet but it's not getting any more of my money. Maybe after the ESL is formed, if English football gets its soul back, I'll be happy to chuck in for it.

I feel like supporting AFC Wimbledon or one of those fan owned clubs. At least the dickheads who run those clubs are local dickheads.

Modern football fucking sucks. I used to love football. I used to watch anything I could find on the telly. Italian football, Division 2, Vauxhall Conference, whatever was going. Over the years my focus has become narrower and narrower. It was any football and that became English football. Then that became PL football. Eventually that became only Aston Villa matches and now I only watch our matches when the kick off is at a decent time.

Every time they change the rules it makes it worse. Every time.

VAR is absolute dog shit. Some Norbert in a room hundreds of miles away looking for a reason not to allow a goal. Piss off.
Now these knobbers want to turn football into cock measuring competition between the Arab countries. They won't be happy until they have completely ruined it. I just wish they would get on with the global ESL so that the Seoul Spurs could play Dubai Citeh and we could completely ignore their "product".

I'm not sure that I'm walking away from football just yet but it's not getting any more of my money. Maybe after the ESL is formed, if English football gets its soul back, I'll be happy to chuck in for it.

I feel like supporting AFC Wimbledon or one of those fan owned clubs. At least the dickheads who run those clubs are local dickheads.
Inviting the Saudi's in undermines everything the PL has ever 'done' in terms of promoting equality and anti-racist message.

We're supposed to be up in arms whenever Raheem Sterling gets a few vile racist messages on Twitter but accept what is basically state ownership in a club where in that state 'acts of homosexuality' can be punishable by law with public whippings, chemical castrations, life in prison and even the death penalty, where antisemitism is actively encouraged in Saudi mainstream media. It's a fucking joke.