Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1531 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Bar-codes are not going to be spending £700b. They may put money into infrastructure, but they are still limited on the competitive side by how much they can spend. They may/will be able to cheat a bit, but there are limits. So I don't think they'll be able to spend more than the current top spenders, and it may take some time to even get near to that level.

I assume the fact that Ashley has spent bugger all in recent times will mean they will be able to spend a fair bit before breaking any FFP rules.

Seeing those Geordies celebrating and wearing tea towels on their heads yesterday is reminiscent of when Citeh were taken over by Abu Dhabi. To the average fan on the terraces, it seems like they have won the lottery. How many actually know where KSA is and more importantly what it stands for.
Having been to Jeddah for a job interview and having the misfortune of stumbling upon a public flogging in the city, it certainly brings home to you how oppressive and primitive the regime is. I was offered the job and the pay was good, but I could not bring myself to go there and be associated with such a country.
But to the Geordies it doesn't matter, they can now have a 2nd team that cost a couple of billion and that having the stadium named after a Christian saint, renamed the Peace Be Upon Him stadium is just what they have been longing for and sod human rights and state supported terrorism.
Having lived in Riyadh for a few months and accidentally stumbling across "chop chop square" one Friday, I doubt the thick geordies would be celebrating at all if they knew what their new owners are about.
That's without talking about the origins of the modern Islamic terrorist etc

As much as its a debate concerning the takeover, I would just like to go on record as saying I don't give a shit about Newcastle

Yep. Not bothered at all if they go spunking loads of money to get trophies. It’s not and never will be ‘earned’ it will be ‘bought‘ and be tainted.

But mainly I don’t give a shit because all I care about is having villa to watch and support. And I would be there watching us play in a Sunday pub league if we ended up there.

Wait a minute, haven't the Chinese state been surreptitiously buying prem clubs and their human rights record is up there with The House of Saud

Indeed, they have been slightly more subtle though. Having the head of the investment fund the same man who allegedly had a Journalist cut up and put in a suitcase is not subtle. He either does not care or is challenging them to do something about it. All he has done is finally proved its all about money. Ethics and morality can be forgotten about.

Barney Ronay has written an excoriating article on the Newcastle situation in "The Guardian".

Here's a paragraph:

In this light the comparison with Ashley, the assumption that Newcastle has finally found its prince, seems to involve a degree of cognitive dissonance. Infuriating tracksuit vendor v blood-stained dictatorship. Zero-hours sport-shop contracts v beheading 37 people in a single day. Hiring Dennis Wise v bombing Yemen. Is it really obvious that one of these – the beheading one – is so much more desirable than the other?

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...astle-saudi-arabia-takeover-morality-collapse

Indeed, they have been slightly more subtle though. Having the head of the investment fund the same man who allegedly had a Journalist cut up and put in a suitcase is not subtle. He either does not care or is challenging them to do something about it. All he has done is finally proved its all about money. Ethics and morality can be forgotten about.
Nothing we didn't already know, but none of us turn our back on the game. It's got us like a drug

Nothing we didn't already know, but none of us turn our back on the game. It's got us like a drug

In the same vein you cannot blame the Newcastle supporters for who owns them. However i expect a fair few are very uncomfortable with it. I have been thinking how i would feel if it were the Villa. I suspect i would not be the only one wondering if it was acceptable. The only people to blame are the PL rulers who allow it. Quite frankly it stinks.

In a way, I can see this rekindling a breakaway group from the league and ultimately the start of the fall and decline of the EPL.
No way will all these billionaires be wanting to be competing with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

It will either be that or they will kick off and demand FFP is fairly applied to all. That in itself will be quite funny considering a few of them have spent years either ignoring or fiddling it. It does not matter how much money you have above a certain amount if FFP is applied how it was meant to work.