Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 645 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

This image doesn`t surprise me one bit, Freddy is the only defender we have who consistently sees danger and is on it.

Our best defender in my opinion and at times Smith has thought Elmo was better, madness.

Hause, Konsa and Engels - waste of time.

Guilbert is without a shadow of doubt the best signing of the season.

Moyes admitted he was playing for their goal difference last night .

Be an interesting reaction on here if we did something similar.

Was just thinking that myself having watched some of the game and listened to Townsend commentate.

Comments like this bode well for us, do we just need to be better than Watford?

1582219511217.png

Moyes admitted he was playing for their goal difference last night .

Be an interesting reaction on here if we did something similar.

There's been a few suggestions that we need to adopt a Newcastle like strategy of just sitting back and hoping for the best in every game. I doubt we'd have the enormous luck they seem to have though.

There's been a few suggestions that we need to adopt a Newcastle like strategy of just sitting back and hoping for the best in every game. I doubt we'd have the enormous luck they seem to have though.

I think we should be doing something like that away from home but again I dont want us to sit back vs. Southampton.

Townsend made a good point last night that it actually doesn't work that. You can't send them out not to lose and then tell them they must win next week it just doesnt work that way.

His point was West Ham went out against City and rolled over, they'll do they same at Liverpool and Moyes thinks they'll just suddenly start playing to win when its a more winnable game. It won't work, hopefully bodes well for us.

Dean's strategy is either madness or genius. Send them out to win every game until it happens. I really dont know, I do think we're naive in our approach. Looks folly at the moment.

Yes. I agree. Moyes has won one out of ten games since he took over , and their next 6 or so fixtures are horrendous.

If we do go down, God forbid, would much rather go down playing as we do, defensive frailties and all, rather than the roll over and die and be happy with a 2-0 defeat attitude/performance like West Ham last night. Think Moyes is losing the plot....he even said he thought they played well! Paul Lambertesque analysis!

Mike Dean would get a slap if he drank in my pub, a twat is a twat, fortunately in this life all the good men can separate the wheat from the chaff. It does not matter who you support, if your a tosser you are a tosser.

If we do go down, God forbid, would much rather go down playing as we do, defensive frailties and all, rather than the roll over and die and be happy with a 2-0 defeat attitude/performance like West Ham last night. Think Moyes is losing the plot....he even said he thought they played well! Paul Lambertesque analysis!

Moyes is all but finished, among the last of the old school managers whoring themselves around the top league, pretending to still be relevant but in reality, just looking for another fat paycheck.

He's been on a downward spiral since he left Everton and is now just swirling the plughole before the inevitable happens. He'll be holding court with Alan Brazil on Talksport before you know it.

Moyes is all but finished, among the last of the old school managers whoring themselves around the top league, pretending to still be relevant but in reality, just looking for another fat paycheck.

He's been on a downward spiral since he left Everton and is now just swirling the plughole before the inevitable happens. He'll be holding court with Alan Brazil on Talksport before you know it.
I think there’s been a seismic shift I football over the last 10 years with a greater emphasis on passing and possession play. The likes of Moyes, MON, Redknapp can’t cope with the tactics and skill of the players and managers these days compared to the likes of Pep, Klopp etc. Even the kings of “anti-football” Pulis and Allardyce can’t get a seat in the Prem anymore. You are right managers who were decent 2000-2010 are by and large no longer relevant in today’s game

He's far superior all round to Targett who cost like three times the amount. Guilbert has been terrific value.
Targett has changed games for us and won at least two matches for us single handedly. Links up well with Grealish in games where we have more possession and is a real creative threat.

Lacking a bit defensively, but Targett has been a brilliant signing in my opinion. I'd like to see us replace Taylor with someone who can compete with him for the position as I think that would push him to work harder defensively, but I've been very impressed with him.

Guilbert started the season well but when he has the ball in attacking positions, I dont get excited because the lad has no vision or attacking prowess. Works hard defensively though.

He should never have left Everton. Fitted the club, the fans, the owners, the players and the budget perfectly there. If he stayed and evolved with Everton and their newfound wealth, who knows, he might have become one of the most successful british managers of the recent era by now.

You're dead right though, his career has become a joke and football evolved without him. A real shame.

Targett has changed games for us and won at least two matches for us single handedly. Links up well with Grealish in games where we have more possession and is a real creative threat.

Lacking a bit defensively, but Targett has been a brilliant signing in my opinion. I'd like to see us replace Taylor with someone who can compete with him for the position as I think that would push him to work harder defensively, but I've been very impressed with him.

Guilbert started the season well but when he has the ball in attacking positions, I dont get excited because the lad has no vision or attacking prowess. Works hard defensively though.

Don't at all agree. Both players have contributed 4 goals this season in all comps in goals and assists. Guilbert is much better defensively as well.

Targett isn't a bad player, he's decent, but poor value for £17m whilst Guilbert cost like £5m-£6m.

I think there’s been a seismic shift I football over the last 10 years with a greater emphasis on passing and possession play. The likes of Moyes, MON, Redknapp can’t cope with the tactics and skill of the players and managers these days compared to the likes of Pep, Klopp etc. Even the kings of “anti-football” Pulis and Allardyce can’t get a seat in the Prem anymore. You are right managers who were decent 2000-2010 are by and large no longer relevant in today’s game

Football constantly changes and evolves, its the reason Ferguson stayed at the top. He was so adaptable and flexible and knew a player when he seen them. All the managers above are stubborn old heads that either wouldn't or couldn't change.

Diego Simone is showing that you still don't have to be amazing in possession or passing you can still be a rock solid defensive unit and be exciting and capable going forward.

Pulis took a team of plodders into the Prem and kept them there and has lived off of it since. Imagine having a young Serge Gnabry and saying he's shit.

I get the feeling that regardless of the UEFA ban, this Citeh team is done. I think Guardiola will go at the end of the season prompting their players to rethink their desire to stay there.

If the UEFA ban comes in, it's all over. Considering that they have been banned for deceiving UEFA, I can't see it being overturned.

I'm looking forward to seeing them return to the Citeh of old.