Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1635 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Why would you book someone for celebrating unless you are a joyless prick?

Those VAR "offside" calls were a joke too. They go into those decisions looking for a reason to rule out the goal, the same as they went into every penalty decision last season looking for a reason to give it.

I genuinely think you need ex-players in there to make the decisions. Train them up on the rules and let them at it because there is an outstanding level of bias with the refs. They are gagging to give penalties, rule out goals and find red card situations. One of two things is happening IMO, (1) the refs are making themselves the centre of things and they dont care if its good or bad - (2) the EPL have told them to create controversy.

Watching RBL vs Citeh.
The media 6 months ago ‘Pep will turn Grealish into a world class player’
in reality he’s turning him into a non entity, the lads touched the ball 3 times in 25 second half minutes, he’s stuck on the wing aimlessly waiting for someone to give it him! What a waste of a top footballer.
Still hope he’s enjoying the money.

Watching RBL vs Citeh.
The media 6 months ago ‘Pep will turn Grealish into a world class player’
in reality he’s turning him into a non entity, the lads touched the ball 3 times in 25 second half minutes, he’s stuck on the wing aimlessly waiting for someone to give it him! What a waste of a top footballer.
Still hope he’s enjoying the money.
100million pounds looks like a steal for us now. So far looks a player that city players are reluctant to pass to as he slows the game down or falls over😂 plus his off field antics are getting more headlines than his on field displays. Grass is not always greener for some. Oh well tuff shit hey.

100million pounds looks like a steal for us now. So far looks a player that city players are reluctant to pass to as he slows the game down or falls over😂 plus his off field antics are getting more headlines than his on field displays. Grass is not always greener for some. Oh well tuff shit hey.
I know mate, Sports Direct adverts! Christ I think I’d turn them down if they asked me, but he is a bit of chav so suits really.

Football has evolved beyond crowds. It's all about rich owners and tv deals now.

That post was in jest but it's kinda true. The ESL met stiff resistance within the English game but it makes a lot of sense. Man Utd are not really a Manchester club. They probably have more supporters and make more money from merchandise in Toyko than they do in Manchester.

Getting all of the locals to show up for the match is antiquated. Even ropey clubs like West Ham have tourists showing up for games and fan clubs in Jakarta and Shanghai.

IMHO professional football as a spectacle would be dead without a raucous crowd, You saw that during lockdown,
Very much agree, you need the passion, you need the banter, you need the friendly rivalry - you don't need the violence of yesteryear. Let's also face the fact that Villa is already a global industry. I've met fans from all over the world on my travels and it doesn't make them any less passionate nor indeed somehow inferior to those who grew up around Villa Park. We only have to look at this forum - I've seen posters from all over. Yeah, maybe some were born near the stadium and emigrated, but they've spread the word far and wide now and new fans will continue to join our family.

The Professional Footballers' Association (PFA) has decided not to publish any further details of the independent review commissioned by former chief executive Gordon Taylor.
However, following extensive dialogue with the newly-constituted Players' Board, it has been decided the detail within the report - some of which was damning of Taylor's time in charge - will be kept under wraps.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59584538

Wonder why? lol

I know mate, Sports Direct adverts! Christ I think I’d turn them down if they asked me, but he is a bit of chav so suits really.
I wish Jack all the best in his life and career. A Villan born and bred, key player in our promotion and we coined £100 millions which was timely,to say the least. Family have met him socially and tell me that he's a decent bloke.

Very much agree, you need the passion, you need the banter, you need the friendly rivalry - you don't need the violence of yesteryear. Let's also face the fact that Villa is already a global industry. I've met fans from all over the world on my travels and it doesn't make them any less passionate nor indeed somehow inferior to those who grew up around Villa Park. We only have to look at this forum - I've seen posters from all over. Yeah, maybe some were born near the stadium and emigrated, but they've spread the word far and wide now and new fans will continue to join our family.
Yes Merd, l have met people from many places who are Villans. The rich history and tradition of Aston Villa has ensured that support passes from Grandad to Grandchildren (woke?) and we benefit by support which has deep roots. The Villa were the true giant of football, historically, and with our current owners, we look well placed to return to the top table.

Thing about European matches, you have to have players of the right quality to play at that level. Chelsea have Ross Barkley playing for them tonight :lol:

Just saying. Funny old world.