Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1324 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

I still cannot believe Ollie got sent off, I am not saying what he did was not wrong. But tonight the players from Chelsea and Man U were continually simulating.

Jack Harrison vs Traore . Dear oh dear

Traore - 29 starts, 7 goals 5 assists.
Harrison - 33 starts, 8 goals, 8 assists.

Harrison's been with them for 3 seasons now, this is his best return yet and he's finally figured out how to track back.

Bertie shouldn't be starting as we carry him far too often, but he's the better player and he's not settled yet.

Harrison has been on par with Trez and El Ghazi (out scored by both I believe) over the last two season's. People are really raving because if reports are right they are signing him for £10m - which actually shows how much City rate him when you look at their other sales.

I still cannot believe Ollie got sent off, I am not saying what he did was not wrong. But tonight the players from Chelsea and Man U were continually simulating.

He didn't simulate though, there was contact, he simply protected himself if anything. Penalty all day long.

I think it would safe to assume we will finish the season with the current points tally. 2 games for the youngsters to be given a chance but it won't happen.

Here we go again . Under 10’s football giving players a ‘chance‘ mentality.

A chance for the youngsters to get mullered by one of the best sides in Europe going for securing a champs league spot and Spurs who are still no slouches and going for Europe with Harry Kane and Bale to pick . Naive in the extreme and easy to say typing on a keyboard and not being accountable for an elite sports club and team . Will do more harm than good for the players and the club getting battered two games in a row.

And by saying plural are you genuinely suggesting that we should throw several youngsters in together away at Spurs and home to Chelsea. Good god, carnage .

Sheffield United have such a good manager and their players are so much better than ours.

Just correcting a post that summed up a few feelings from this time last year from some .

Let’s keep the Leeds jizz firmly contained until they start walking the walk for at least another season.
I think Leeds would utterly capitulate if/when Bielsa goes. He's not the second-coming of Jesus as some would suggest, but he's imprinted a style and method that would be impossible to replicate. He'd probably get more credit from the neutral if the media would stop their love-fest....

I think Leeds would utterly capitulate if/when Bielsa goes. He's not the second-coming of Jesus as some would suggest, but he's imprinted a style and method that would be impossible to replicate. He'd probably get more credit from the neutral if the media would stop their love-fest....

Thats how I feel. He has a bunch of lads playing like they're 10ft. tall, some will revert to the mean and others will continue their form. I don't know what Leeds' mgmt structure is like. Are they really planning 2 to 3 years out or is it next season? Not many teams are going to be able to pivot and execute as Brighton did.

I look at the perennial survivors and say it's only a matter of time. Palace, Burnley, and Newcastle with aging squads and a stone-age way of playing. Leeds and Wolves placing a lot of faith in "guru's and old masters". Those are 5 teams that could easily not be in the league 5 years from now never mind pushing for Europe.

IMO Leicester's success is based around executing a longer-term strategy and the reason City has been so successful is that they've built a long-term plan too. They've been building that club for Pep for a lot of years.

We got two massive strokes of luck to be where we are considering the mismanagement and short-term planning. Its possible it was coincidental but our first season in the EPL looked like squad building for seasons ahead no matter the outcome. I feel like we bought well with the anticipation we might go down but return immediately and far stronger. We got lucky and it would seem to me we again bought lads who would grow and get better.

Even Sanson for me was bought with the future in mind and not to sustain our short-term goals. Playing Ramsey now isn't a sign of our intent for next season but further down the road. Of course, I could be getting 5 from adding 2+2. Maybe its just wishful thinking. For a club like ours it would be tempting to think really short term because we've got Grealish and his presence demands success sooner than maybe we're planning.

Thats how I feel. He has a bunch of lads playing like they're 10ft. tall, some will revert to the mean and others will continue their form. I don't know what Leeds' mgmt structure is like. Are they really planning 2 to 3 years out or is it next season? Not many teams are going to be able to pivot and execute as Brighton did.

I look at the perennial survivors and say it's only a matter of time. Palace, Burnley, and Newcastle with aging squads and a stone-age way of playing. Leeds and Wolves placing a lot of faith in "guru's and old masters". Those are 5 teams that could easily not be in the league 5 years from now never mind pushing for Europe.

IMO Leicester's success is based around executing a longer-term strategy and the reason City has been so successful is that they've built a long-term plan too. They've been building that club for Pep for a lot of years.

We got two massive strokes of luck to be where we are considering the mismanagement and short-term planning. Its possible it was coincidental but our first season in the EPL looked like squad building for seasons ahead no matter the outcome. I feel like we bought well with the anticipation we might go down but return immediately and far stronger. We got lucky and it would seem to me we again bought lads who would grow and get better.

Even Sanson for me was bought with the future in mind and not to sustain our short-term goals. Playing Ramsey now isn't a sign of our intent for next season but further down the road. Of course, I could be getting 5 from adding 2+2. Maybe its just wishful thinking. For a club like ours it would be tempting to think really short term because we've got Grealish and his presence demands success sooner than maybe we're planning.
Too many things to respond to in one post CDX! :help: In paragraph order:
1. Bielsa is a good manager with a very different way of doing things. It's working for him, but I do wonder how much is just down to momentum and how much is down to other teams still trying to figure out a way to beat them. From a Leeds fan that I know he is in a constant state of fear about Bielsa leaving, because he knows they aren't good enough player-for-player.
2. Hodgson has kept Palace stable, perhaps for the first time in their history. I think they'll go back to being a yoyo club now. Similar to Dyche at Burnley, if he goes then I can see them being gone very quickly (faster than Stoke who managed to tread water for a couple more seasons after Pulis was sacked). Newcastle could be an established premier league club, but their ownership is a shambles.
3. Leicester are doing things right. And I do think our approach has some similarities. The investment at citeh behind the scenes has been astronomical. They were lucky that FFP protected them in that period when more and more wealthy investors were coming in but couldn't compete due to FFP. The timing was, in retrospect, perfect, even though they wouldn't have known it at the time.
4/5. We could very easily be in League 1 right now, being looked at in the same way as Sunderland and others. Fallen giants of the English game. Missing out against Fulham was a blessing in disguise. Thank the Lord McGrath that NSWE came along when they did. I think players like Samatta, Guilbert, Engels, Hause, and extending Davis' contract were with half a mind on the championship. I have a feeling that Sanson is the player who the staff see as being able to provide the balance in midfield, between deep lying (Marv, Luiz) and attacking. I think it's what we're missing - a box-to-box type. McGinn, for all his positive attributes isn't that player, but could be the "number 8" to complement the other two....

Here we go again . Under 10’s football giving players a ‘chance‘ mentality.

A chance for the youngsters to get mullered by one of the best sides in Europe going for securing a champs league spot and Spurs who are still no slouches and going for Europe with Harry Kane and Bale to pick . Naive in the extreme and easy to say typing on a keyboard and not being accountable for an elite sports club and team . Will do more harm than good for the players and the club getting battered two games in a row.

And by saying plural are you genuinely suggesting that we should throw several youngsters in together away at Spurs and home to Chelsea. Good god, carnage .

Yes I meant giving a chance to 2 players and not the entire or pretty much the entire first team to be made up of youngsters. If not now, then when? What is the excuse going to be next season for their exclusion? I saw no harm done to the 17 yr old Sheff Utd player who got a start and scored against a Europe chasing Everton ! I'd in fact argue that putting young in form players deserving of some game time on the bench in the false hope of getting a chance is more detrimental than losing to a top side. Like I said previously in one of my posts, why do we assume our youngsters are so mentally weak?

We are not expected to get much from our last two games and therefore many regard them as a free hit. It’s tempting to give our young prospects an outing but I would like to see them introduced as part of a well thought out plan for their future development as part of Villa’s future rather than a hopeful punt to show that they can cope with the big boys. They need enough encouragement to make them believe that they are part of a plan.