Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1326 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

It’s looking like Leicester will miss out on 4th again unless we do them a favour on Sunday.
I will settle for a draw against Chelsea if it means that Leicester don't get CL football - you know my views on Leicester and my neighbours (who are just armchair/keyboard fans) will be in meltdown if they slip up again.

He said that he was offered a deal to stay but rejected it.

His post match interview was strange. He seemed like he wasn't whole hearted in saying that. I'm not sure if they didn't want him to stay but let him pretend it was his decision or if they wanted to pay him Championship manager money and he wanted Big Sam money.

His post match interview was strange. He seemed like he wasn't whole hearted in saying that. I'm not sure if they didn't want him to stay but let him pretend it was his decision or if they wanted to pay him Championship manager money and he wanted Big Sam money.

Think Sam see's himself as some sort of firefighter now. Join a club in relegation trouble on a short term deal and get a nice big bonus if he keeps them up. I'm sure there will be another team in the same situation next Xmas. The idea of being stuck with the Baggies for another 2 or 3 years obviously doesn't appeal to him

Think Sam see's himself as some sort of firefighter now. Join a club in relegation trouble on a short term deal and get a nice big bonus if he keeps them up. I'm sure there will be another team in the same situation next Xmas. The idea of being stuck with the Baggies for another 2 or 3 years obviously doesn't appeal to him
I find it strange that he views himself that way. Is he paying too much attention to the media? His best stint as a manager was arguably at Bolton where he got them up, kept them comfortably in the league for a few years and actually qualified for Europe one year. I think he was there for about 8 years.

I will settle for a draw against Chelsea if it means that Leicester don't get CL football - you know my views on Leicester and my neighbours (who are just armchair/keyboard fans) will be in meltdown if they slip up again.
Not for me Jeff. I don't have any love for Leicester, but would love to see them top four and West Ham top six, if only to keep a couple of these so-called Big Six clubs out of the mix.

Not for me Jeff. I don't have any love for Leicester, but would love to see them top four and West Ham top six, if only to keep a couple of these so-called Big Six clubs out of the mix.
Yeah, after recent events, the further these so called big clubs slip, the better for me. Really hope Manure's season is a one hit wonder and they become all billy-big-bollocks and end up 7th again. Maybe Citeh can fall once Pep hands in his notice - doesn't stay anywhere for too long.

Sam had the heart scare a few years ago. Think he'd be open to staying longer at a club if it was in a reasonably stable condition but the stresses of relegation are something else, as we know full well.

Nothing against Leicester. Think they're doing what we're trying to do. Good luck to them. Chelsea? Think Tuchel is overrated. Hope we win and win well.

BFS is a bit like Woy, I don't think he has much to prove and his dream job came and went in a flash (England).

I think BFS and Woy proved themselves successful in their own way for decades. In the food chain they are mid-table and relegation battlers. BFS probably could have kept them up had he had them from the summer and made his own signings.

I keep banging on about this but the game doesnt reward short term thinking or planning. You can look just staying up this season but the truth is the EPL will be there 10 years from now. If you're only focused on being in the league next year or even the one after than and not building for 5 or 10 years down the line you're not going to go anywhere.