Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1112 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Tesco bags - even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Dingles - oh well , it was good while it briefly lasted. Class is permanent. :loser:

I lived in and around Cov for years, the small number that actually went in my experience were on the whole not too bad as they supported Cov first, but the ones that claimed to be fans purely because they were from there who rarely went despise us.

I work at a pretty big warehouse that's situated between Tamworth and Nuneaton so we have lots of Villa, Wolves, Blues, Albion and cov fans and the only ones level with blues in terms of the hatred of Villa are the Coventry fans.

Not sure if it's because no one claims them to be their "main" rivals, or even 2nd or 3rd but with virtually every Cov fan I've met once they find out I'm Villa they literally cannot wait to tell me how much they hate us and how they'll batter us when we play them next. Most hilariously this happened the year we went down and they looked odds on to get promotion to the championship for a long part of the season. I kept getting told they'd "do" us at the mighty ricoh arena. Same last year when it looked odds on we were going down.

I suppose its one thing being hated/disliked but its an entirely other kind of pain to be ignored completely.

I’ve never seen a cov villa game live and I’ve been going a long time now, we haven’t played them in any competition since they went down in the early 00’s. It’s pretty hard to build up a rivalry against a team you’ve literally had no interaction with which is the case of a whole generation of fans. Cov literally mean nothing to me in fact whenever I’ve talked to their fans at work I’ve said I hope they do well

That's exactly my point, it's been so long the new generation don't have a clue, but I'm talking when they were in the Premiership, I used to go to Coventry games as it was on my door step after moving there when I was like 8-9, every single game it was shit on the Villa even when they weren't playing us, and I'd have school lads all stand up and point at me shouting he's a Villa fan!! me being like 10-15 years old, Cov was like my second team before moving to Spain at 16 then joined the Army and based in Germany with a load of Aston Villa and City fans as it was a Birmingham regiment.

But trust me they absolutely despised us back in the day, A lot of lads were Liverpool and Man Utd fans, I was born in Birmingham and lived in Selly Oak/Bournville Dad was a Man Utd fan, Mum was a Villa fan and took me to my first game, Then every other weekend I'd travel to Birmingham to visit the grand parents where my uncle would then pick me up and take me to the Villa games.

“Well there you have it. I’m a mad Cov fan and my son has just made his debut for @AVFCOfficial against Liverpool. Does anyone know a good psychiatrist? @Coventry_City” Rowe's father tweeted when he made his debut.

Even Rowe's dad doesn't like us sending his lad to play for us each week :rofl:

The only rivalry we have with Coventry is in their own minds.

When I lived in Birmingham they never meant anything to me and the vast majority of Villa fans so we could only laugh when they told us how much they hated AVFC and Villa fans in general.

I never really minded Wolves or fans that much either until the last couple of seasons under Nuno and then loads of them came from under the rocks where they had been hibernating to continually slag off the Villa plus fans on social media so I have no sympathy for them now they are failing again,

I now find it rather funny how they appear to have dragged themselves back to and under the rocks, they called home:grinning:

I'll be honest and say I would rejoice and buy everyone on here a pint at a meetup if BCFC folded and disappeared into the ether. Not everyone will agree with that but that's how I feel.

I actually loathe them which isn't healthy however, I'm far too long in the tooth to change my opinion on them whilst I might with other things in life if it was required?

I think it’s all anti-Villa for the social media generation. I grew up with a few wolves fans although I’ve lost contact with them unless I bump into them at Christmas, I never saw it as hatred just enjoyed beating them and vice versus. Last time I bumped into some of them ironically was randomly at a Villa game as there were a mix of Villa and wolves.

But even the Dingles who are a big club in their own right, in the past 5-6 years seem to have really stepped on the anti Villa venom. They don’t need to force a hatred rivalry with us to make themselves bigger. That 4-1 thrashing of them was a sweet, sweet victory though.

Last edited:
Shall we just rejoice at how far we've came this season ? We're now 4 points above Wolves with 4 games in hand, and let's check out some of these videos before the start of the season and pundit predictions, I predicted 8-12th and I was one of the very optimistic ones, and even I might of underestimated how far we've actually come.

Aston Villa predictions 20/21

Robbie Savage 20th
Chris Sutton 18th
Jemaine Jenas 18th
Racheal Brown-Finnas 18th

I don't waste any hate on any of the teams. I would even wish them well - except against us or finishing above us.
We are far and away the biggest most historic club by every and all measures.
They are like ants to us.....

I think its a shame the hatred that has developed between Wolves and Villa. Back in the day Blues and Albion were always in cahoots due to their mutual loathing of the Villa. This naturally lead to a degree of support/respect between Villa and Wolves. Besides, we were the only two with some heritage and history.

West Ham are up, they'll jump us by 3 points, we'll probably be sitting 11th by the time we play our next games, we just need to make the most of our fortnight of games like it's a playoff run.