Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1111 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Some of my family members make Blues the centre piece of their lives. They go to all games and basically live for the weekend. They're obsessed. Whenever I talk to them I have to hear about all these 'great' players they have, many of them I have to google as I've never heard of them. I had to put up with hearing about how Jude Bellingham is 10 times the player of Grealish and how he's going to go on to become the best player in the world.

The reality is that they're a piss pot club with a shit stadium, shit players, shit management, shit fans and zero heritage. There really is absolutely no point when it comes to clubs like Birmingham City.

Last edited:
Some of my family members make Blues the centre piece of their lives. They go to all games and basically live for the weekend. They're obsessed. Whenever I talk to them I have to hear about all these 'great' players they have, many of them I have to google as I've never heard of them. I had to put up with hearing about how Jude Bellingham is 10 times the player of Grealish and how he's going to go on to become the best player in the world.

The reality is that they're a piss pot club with a shit stadium, shit players, shit management, shit fans and zero heritage. There really is absolutely no point when it comes to clubs like Birmingham City.

From what I can see far too many of them make Villa, specifically hating Villa, the centre piece of their lives. They revel in every set back we have even if their own sides doing even worse. There's a few I work with that I'm absolutely certain look for our scores before their own and would choose to watch us get beat 3 nil over blues winning 3 nil.

The Grealish factor seems to have amplified it over the last couple of years. They've always thought he was a twat and overrated but since he's actually started to fulfill his potential its turned particularly nasty. We alk know what happened the last time we played them and I've zero doubt that a majority of their fanbase still think that was great rather than shameful and that the only regret about it was that that punch spurred us onto win the game and gain promotion.

There's no club I despise more but they are an irrelevant amusement now. Were it up to me the whole ground would be destroyed and the earth there salted. If it was good enough for the Romans its good enough for me.

From what I can see far too many of them make Villa, specifically hating Villa, the centre piece of their lives. They revel in every set back we have even if their own sides doing even worse. There's a few I work with that I'm absolutely certain look for our scores before their own and would choose to watch us get beat 3 nil over blues winning 3 nil.

The Grealish factor seems to have amplified it over the last couple of years. They've always thought he was a twat and overrated but since he's actually started to fulfill his potential its turned particularly nasty. We alk know what happened the last time we played them and I've zero doubt that a majority of their fanbase still think that was great rather than shameful and that the only regret about it was that that punch spurred us onto win the game and gain promotion.

There's no club I despise more but they are an irrelevant amusement now. Were it up to me the whole ground would be destroyed and the earth there salted. If it was good enough for the Romans its good enough for me.
I don't despise them I feel sorry for them. It's the futility of it all.

For me being slightly further away from Brum in Warwickshire I never liked Birmingham but since the Grealish incident I full on hate the lot of them. It wasn’t just the act of one dickhead it’s the culmination of years of obsession across the whole fan base from a shit football club in every aspect

From what I can see far too many of them make Villa, specifically hating Villa, the centre piece of their lives..

In my experience of other midlands club fans, the true fans who have season tickets and actually go to games - which for Blues and Cov is only a small number - are often half decent, of course they don’t like Villa but you can have a conversation and there is respect. I think those fans want their club to back in the big time for the rivalry at the top level.

The part timers or ones who never go - and blues must have one of the bigger fan bases of fans who never actually go - are the bitter and twisted ones, where the anti Villa venom is far more noticeable than any passion for their own club.

Coventry fans hated us @danvilla2 It's only because they've been down for so long they've probably chilled out and happy to accept some of our ex players.

From my own personal experience of growing up in Coventry in the period we helped send them down we made their chants every single game, we were forever living in their heads.

Coventry fans hated us @danvilla2 It's only because they've been down for so long they've probably chilled out and happy to accept some of our ex players.

From my own personal experience of growing up in Coventry in the period we helped send them down we made their chants every single game, we were forever living in their heads.

I lived in and around Cov for years, the small number that actually went in my experience were on the whole not too bad as they supported Cov first, but the ones that claimed to be fans purely because they were from there who rarely went despise us.

Wolves fans I know seem reluctant to text or communicate at all at present which has been very unlike them for the past 4 years.....very similar though to the previous 40 when let’s face it they were pretty irrelevant....normal service is being resumed and it really is a joy to behold...! :wahey::utv::utv:

I’ve never seen a cov villa game live and I’ve been going a long time now, we haven’t played them in any competition since they went down in the early 00’s. It’s pretty hard to build up a rivalry against a team you’ve literally had no interaction with which is the case of a whole generation of fans. Cov literally mean nothing to me in fact whenever I’ve talked to their fans at work I’ve said I hope they do well

I’ve never seen a cov villa game live and I’ve been going a long time now, we haven’t played them in any competition since they went down in the early 00’s. It’s pretty hard to build up a rivalry against a team you’ve literally had no interaction with which is the case of a whole generation of fans. Cov literally mean nothing to me in fact whenever I’ve talked to their fans at work I’ve said I hope they do well

Always been a spicy game going back to the late 70's early 80's.

I find a lot of people from Coventry (not all) don't care much for people outside of the area.

All in all they are a strange lot.