Open Press Conference - 5.30pm | Page 5 | Vital Football

Open Press Conference - 5.30pm

My God. I said Lincoln fans had every right to leave early in the Crewe game, and I was as wrong as I was short-sighted.

The support the Cowleys received in the last minutes of that game has obviously been a huge influence on their decision, and I applaud everyone who stood there and chanted their names.

I'm an idiot. This is all brilliant news.

Last edited by a moderator:
My God. I said Lincoln fans had every right to leave early in the Crewe game, and I was as wrong as I was short-sighted.

The support the Cowley's received in the last minutes of that game have obviously been a huge influence on their decision, and I applaud everyone who stood there and chanted their names.

We were the match sponsors that day, and the 'fans' leaving early did not go down well in the executive box.

Just watched that video after the meeting and just feel so proud of where we are at right now, and that the Cowley's believe in the club and the potential waiting to be unfolded. If we don't win promotion this year, nailed on for next year... UTI

I thought they might have made an announcement re. season ticket renewal on the back of the Cowley news. Obviously saving that for another day - are they waiting to see which division we are in, perhaps?

I think Eardley may have similar family/travel issues that the Cowleys have had - he lives in Blackpool. Sincerely hope that doesn't stop him signing a longer deal, but I was hoping that would have been tied down by now.

I wonder how the new contracts have gone down with fans of other clubs? I think a few were expecting/hoping the Cowleys to leave asap.

Incredible news, and that’s just DC and NC signing new deals. Training ground and Bossie on top make it like all my Christmases have come at once. What a day.

Last edited:
Terrific news day, it doesn’t get much better than that. And my snout was almost right about Riseholme being the venue for the training ground. I pass that way on the way to work every day so can watch the progress.

Fabulous news. Danny is an absolute inspiration. So pleased they are moving their families to LIncoln, I might consider moving back myself...! I feel this day is even bigger than the Checkatrade final. What a week. What a management duo. What a club, so so proud to say I’m an Imp

Presumably the implication of this is that we'll be kicking off the 2022/3 season in the Championship?!?

'Championship 2010' talked the talk, but never had the actions to be anything other than an empty aspiration. This time, there's not explicit targets, but the walk is being walked and the objectives clear by the actions being taken. Oh my days, keep those seat belts buckled!