Open Press Conference - 5.30pm | Page 6 | Vital Football

Open Press Conference - 5.30pm

My God. I said Lincoln fans had every right to leave early in the Crewe game, and I was as wrong as I was short-sighted.

The support the Cowley's received in the last minutes of that game have obviously been a huge influence on their decision, and I applaud everyone who stood there and chanted their names.

I'm an idiot. This is all brilliant news.

[IMG]https://forums-cdn.vitalfootball.co.uk/data/avatars/m/9/9883.jpg?1522919975[/IMG]
Sincilbanks
Vital Squad Member
Apr 12, 2018

I predict a mention of Crewe again in this press conference! That single event seems to have made a huge impression on him...

Bit late to the party on this one........been out to the cinema ( Infinity Wars...highly recommended)

Great news all round. Perfect timing as well to keep us going for the last 5 ( hopefully) games of the season and beyond.

Crewe was a very minor blip, as it was always likely to be and the vast majority realised that. Thank goodness they did! Terrific news all round yesterday. Let's hope Neil hasn't had an offer he can't refuse from nearer home

Don't know how accurate this is (or who "those in the know" are, but I sent the three bits of news to my lads, and one responded, "Although it’s always kept very under wraps, the word from those in the know say that Bostwick is now the highest paid footballer in league 2!"

If true, I don't have a problem with that - about right I'd say, as long as it does not impact on team spirit

Don't know how accurate this is (or who "those in the know" are, but I sent the three bits of news to my lads, and one responded, "Although it’s always kept very under wraps, the word from those in the know say that Bostwick is now the highest paid footballer in league 2!"

More than O'Grady?

If true, I don't have a problem with that - about right I'd say, as long as it does not impact on team spirit

I could well believe it. Don’t forget he turned Blackburn down to join us and geographical logistics wouldn’t have been the only reason.

I could well believe it. Don’t forget he turned Blackburn down to join us and geographical logistics wouldn’t have been the only reason.

If this is true and while there is no evidence to prove it either way, we as a club are playing within a budget structure, the managers know how much we have to spend based on the money the club generates. By choosing to have a small squad we can spend more on each player which allows us to attract / maintain quality footballers. I would say with few exceptions the playing staff have earned their money this year

The daily fail did an article on our wages compared to the Chelsea kids and according to that Freck was on the most.

Be surprised r.e. Bostwick the highest in L2.

O'Grady anywhere between £4k-£5k, Luke Berry touching £4k at Luton and that's before you consider Hylton, Collins and any of the Mansfield lot.

Great news on the training ground. I'm guessing the buildings will take a little more time to complete but not by too much I imagine. I join the A15 at the Sprid turn-off usually but might go Scampton way in a few weeks to see how it's shaping up.

Good news on Bossie, too. Been immense this season despite people, bizarrely, questioning him earlier in the season.

And, of course, brilliant news on DC/NC. With the kids going to Minster (and it sounds like Liam's worked really hard on that from what DC said), that should put to bed any questions r.e. moving over the next 2 or 3 years. It's a very solid commitment from the whole family.

Yep, it's just an amazing turnaround and an unbelievable time to be an Imp at the moment. I still can't quite believe it tbh.

Crewe was a very minor blip, as it was always likely to be and the vast majority realised that. Thank goodness they did! Terrific news all round yesterday. Let's hope Neil hasn't had an offer he can't refuse from nearer home

Danny's reaction to the Crewe game was very telling. Not "It was just a bad day at the office, we'll move on and do better next week" but "That was the worst performance ever in my time as a manager" and “When you have a result like that, it tarnishes your record and it stays with you. We all have to understand that.” One things for sure, I wouldn't want to have been one of the players in the video analysis of that game.

Seen Heath Lane now on Google. Will we be getting the whole field in the future?
I did notice the planned pitches are all grass. Will a 4G pitch or 2 be added later? And how about a cafe/bar that fans can use like Fleetwood have?