On this day | Page 14 | Vital Football

On this day

Remember quite clearly me and mrs helping put a fence up at the daughters next door neighbour came out and garbled somat that none of us believed went in to look at tv nowt else got done that day 😱

A699BC3E-624E-4D7D-BDE0-FB9122923CA1.jpeg

Just walking down Islington High St after finishing work, back to the Hol Inn. Saw people watching TV's in shop and saw what was going on. Total shock.

Last edited:
Saw the second tower hit live on TV. At home as my son had dental surgery on a wisdom tooth that morning. Try not to remember it clearly these days.

Last edited:
Our second grandson had been born a few days earlier and I had the day off work to pick up the mother in law up and take her over to see him along with other family members. I was sat alone watching it unfold live on telly at miladdo's house while maybe half a dozen women there were completely oblivious of the events, too busy cooing over the new baby and chatting. I tried to tell them what was happening a couple of times but it didn't sink in but when the second plane hit I just yelled out 'YOU ALL NEED TO SEE THIS!' and the room fell silent. I think we only watched it for a few more minutes and we decided to head off home to watch it. It just didn't feel right watching it alongside a young mother and baby.

Last edited:
Was at home watching Bloomberg as the whole thing unfolded.
Completely forgot I was scheduled to meet 2 Swedish visitors at work that afternoon.
Work rang me to ask where I was as they were blissfully unaware of what had happened.
I’m assured the Swedes forgave me when the knew the reason.
Fortunately, they were there to try to sell me stuff - not to buy. :cool:

I set off to a clients house to arrange his pension

I hardly ever listen to the radio in the car, I prefer my own music

I didn't even know about it until I got to his house where I thought it quite rude at first that he was sat, still in his pyjamas watching the telly.

We watched for about an hour and not one word about pensions was spoken

In 1984 I met mrs B for the first time Xmas night out totally drunk (me not her apparently) changed my life forever ♥️
still goin strong somehow
are all women the same (question to @ayamonte ) this is our anniversary in her eyes although I doubt she’d be best pleased if I forgot our wedding anniversary

In 1984 I met mrs B for the first time Xmas night out totally drunk (me not her apparently) changed my life forever ♥️
still goin strong somehow
are all women the same (question to @ayamonte ) this is our anniversary in her eyes although I doubt she’d be best pleased if I forgot our wedding anniversary

Err - no - I forget dates more than Mr Spurs.....however if he forgets dates its tantamount to treason :guns:
Have a lovely anniversary Bully :yes: