Official Summer Friendlies thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Official Summer Friendlies thread

There's a link on the Facebook page for it, it's worse than watching a dodgy river any links to a better source would be good.

Lost 1-0 to a late goal

Apparently defensively solid and threatening on the break. A few youngsters were playing by the end

Murphy has 1 goal in 21 appearances.

We need a better backup striker. Early days I know but dias loses alot of ball

Lets start with saying that this was just a friendly in pre season with all the question marks that this brings. Are we nd the opponents at the same stage of preparation? Are the players giving thete all ? Etc etc. Now lets comment a bit on what i saw yesterday; Kapino was very good, defence was solid nd i liked Dariwka...still early for Robinson. Midfield looked lively especially Gueddy and Yates the portugese boy nice touches nd quick ...is he a Dowell swap?... is he good as all the hipe that preceded him? Still to be seen...Cash is like a kamikaze..friendlies dont exist for him...Lolley was a bit quiet...Murphy ..no difference from the end of last season , he is past it. It was nice to see the big new boys coming in later in the game nd they gave us a taste of what they can do. I think it is still early nd more work on the pitch is needed before we embark on this season campaign...scoring is still an issue...

I thought Murphy played ok, gives us something no one else can, he will ha e a part to play for sure
Geddy and Cash stood out effort wise, Cash may we’ll have given us the lead we’re it not for the ref giving a foul against him after rolling his marker to go clean through.

Robinson threw a ball 40 yards to put us through on goal!!

Agree we were organised into the changes. The beast had the ball in the net but was offside!

To coin a phrase it was “A good workout”

We didnt see much of the ball the first half, a few of the players looked leggy but we were well organised and the centre-backs were pretty comfortable.

The number 6 is a giant. Looked like hes months away from fitness but didn't stop running and not sure he was beaten physically once. (Watson came on the second half and was brushed aside few times, including for the goal) Fullbacks were steady but didnt show anything going forward and was mostly limited to tracking runners from a decent Betis side.

Geddy worked hard without really doing much, Cashy worked hard, looked leggier than id seen him in a while and received a couple of hard tackles which finished him off overall.

Murphy was Murphy, shield the ball well sometimes but always for the back pass. Got his head to one effort in the second half but short on [pace as we know. Gil Dias didn't have a great game, was well marshalled by the opposition. Lollipop I thought worked as hard as anybody, covers a lot of ground and instrumental in most of the forward bits of play we had first half.

We started the second half brighter, more at it, closer to the opposition. Which gave some momentum for the 4 initial subs to come on. Then 3 or 4 remaining subs used with about 15 mins left.

We were the better team for 20 minutes until they scored their goal actually. On our left, the Portuguese lads were playing good football right from the off and with Ozzie and Grabban supporting them we cut open their defence several times, the cross to Murphy was a chance, we had the ball in the net from an offside and also i think was Geddy not quite catch the short right but went close.

My first look at Grabban, different to Murphy in the sense, he had good movement and turned to face his man or find a neat pass to one of the Portuguese lads of Ozzie and looked composed.

That 20 mins with those 4 players were positive for me on that night. Centre-backs were comfy enough, Fox n Daws. It was only really the last 20 that they got on top of us.

A good work out

oh yeah. Ozzie came over to our side of the ground and gave us thanks for the support. Those little touches are why he's held in such high regard too

Last edited:
Dias' goal this morning is a thing of beauty but I'm positive that a championship clogger would be hacking him down at the 25 yards out mark.

Was hoping to go to Oldham on Saturday and take my wife and kids as a special treat since we're not having a summer holiday this year (lead balloon so far, but give them time to come round to the idea)

Does anyone know if away tickets will be available on the gate? Says on the Oldham site home tickets are only available at the turnstiles on the day. We're selling them online but I tried to buy 2 adults and 2 under 18's and it will only let me buy 1 ticket without the massive faff of registering each family member as an individual with all details.

In fact, my children are under 12 so should be free, but didn't want to not buy them tickets in case we were refused entry without a bit of paper.

Might just go and sit in the Oldham end instead tbh.

WHAT A GOAL. Actually i fooked up the players the other night, dias was sub but id put dias rather than soudani in the post initially. he looked quality from the first touch

A few glowing reports on Forest from the local Barcelona fans who go to Malaga games :) I didnt need to gloat, they were impressed

Vs Oldham today

Forest: Pantilimon, Gabriel, Worrall, Dawson, Robinson; Watson, Bridcutt; Soudani, Lolley, Cash; Grabban.

Subs: Smith, Osborn, Darikwa, Lam, Fox, Guedioura, Yates, Dias, Carvalho, Goncalves.

Kind of glad that the three Portuguese are being protected a bit. Last thing we want is a season long injury by some other in pre season