Odd random stuff | Page 16 | Vital Football

Odd random stuff

Whilst I am pleased that Barry has found himself a home and is respected at Chelsea, I am still seething at the way such a promising side and back room staff was ripped apart by those Chinese crooks. Looking at how well players and coaches have done since leaving it makes you wonder how far they could have gone if they had been allowed to continue.

Criminal that Begbies let him walk away for nowt.

They didn't.

Chelsea refused to pay Latics anything of the alleged £40k compensation that they were due for poaching him away knowing full well that, due to being in administration, the club had neither the time or cash necessary to fight it either within the football or legal appeal system

They didn't.

Chelsea refused to pay Latics anything of the alleged £40k compensation that they were due for poaching him away knowing full well that, due to being in administration, the club had neither the time or cash necessary to fight it either within the football or legal appeal system
Can't blame the club for that, you try going to Barry and telling him he isn't allowed to go to Chelsea unless they pay compensation. Just like Cook, it was an easy way to get his wages off the books letting him go for free.

I bet if the administrators really wanted to dig in, Chelsea would have paid it. But Begbies no doubt couldn't be arsed for the sake of 40k and risk them walking away, which would have been hugely unfair on Barry, so they let him go. Fair enough IMO.

Sorry Moonay this week's poem is not up to scratch I'm afraid

Could do better 5/10
I read the piece above and thought it was a great piece and that Moonay had bailed on the prose. Then understood my mistake and yep 5 at best - 😂😂

Got dragged out Christmas shopping by Mrs Hampton last night. Sulked about it of course but had to be done. My mood was lifted though when we landed at Middlebrook - as soon as I clocked the unibol a well known song popped into my head and stayed there the whole time I was there.
At one point I was whistling it in Hurleys then burst into song in JD.
Apparently whilst in the #ewtg" zone I was unknowingly getting some death stares.
So if you want to soften the blow of being dragged round the shops head for middlebrook - getting battered will soften the pain 😁

I read the piece above and thought it was a great piece and that Moonay had bailed on the prose. Then understood my mistake and yep 5 at best - 😂😂

The literary equivalent of an ex pro trying to be a pundit when they struggle to string two words together.
;)

Got dragged out Christmas shopping by Mrs Hampton last night. Sulked about it of course but had to be done. My mood was lifted though when we landed at Middlebrook - as soon as I clocked the unibol a well known song popped into my head and stayed there the whole time I was there.
Apparently whilst in the #ewtg" zone I was unknowingly getting some death stares.
So if you want to soften the blow of being dragged round the shops head for middlebrook - getting battered will soften the pain 😁
I was doing exactly the same in the big Home Bargains last Sunday afternoon and I wholeheartedly agree. Very therapeutic indeed.

Did exactly the same the day after the game when I went to Clarke's with the wife and son to get new shoes, walked past a bloke wearing a pair of Bolton Shorts so sang it walking past him, sadly he was to thick to notice. My wife did though who turned round and bollocked me and my lad for joining in. I wasn't as brave as one bloke I saw though who was walking round there wearing his Latics hoody, absolute hero!

Joe Murnan on darts as we speak. Although he's from Hindley he must live in Bolton now and crowd have sung " Bolton get battered " song at least twice now.