O/T What did you Learn today ? | Page 6 | Vital Football

O/T What did you Learn today ?

The envelope theorem is a result about the differentiability properties of the value function of a parameterized optimization problem. As we change parameters of the objective, the envelope theorem shows that, in a certain sense, changes in the optimizer of the objective do not contribute to the change in the objective function. The envelope theorem is an important tool for comparative statics of optimization models.

Discuss.

To help you in the discussion:

Thanks for that EX, now I am really tied up or am being strung along...lol!

I learned today that this insane Doctor thought he knew the answer to insanity!

Dr. Henry Cotton had developed a radical theory of insanity that he used to "treat" patients between 1907 and 1930 as the medical director of the New Jersey State Hospital at Trenton. His theory was that mental illness came about due to physical infections, particularly in the teeth. The solution? Pull them out! Under Cotton's direction, 11,000 teeth were extracted from mentally ill patients.
When patients failed to improve after this, Cotton theorized that the infection must have spread to other organs. The natural conclusion was to remove these as well, which he did on 645 separate occasions. Though Cotton claimed an 80 percent success rate at treating mental illness — and actually became quite popular due to this fabricated figure — his mortality rate was astronomical, and patients (unsurprisingly) actually did better when they were not treated by Cotton.
At the very least, Cotton was a true believer in his theory. He removed several of his own teeth, and those of his wife and children. He also found dentists to be extremely peculiar since they focused on fixing teeth rather than pulling them out.

...not so far in the past either!

I learned that my old waterproof hiking jacket and trousers aren’t waterproof anymore and that when wearing said alleged waterproof trousers over jeans it is best to keep them pulled up and position ones dangly big over the top of them when having a piss as per Greavsie’s icon picture.

I learned that my old waterproof hiking jacket and trousers aren’t waterproof anymore and that when wearing said alleged waterproof trousers over jeans it is best to keep them pulled up and position ones dangly big over the top of them when having a piss as per Greavsie’s icon picture.
If the alleged waterproof trousers ain’t waterproof any more , then maybe it’s me , but as much as I’ve tried , and as long as I’ve pondered over it , discussed it , researched it , dismissed it and gone back to it , Lost sleep over it , for the life of me I can’t work out why you are wearing them over a pair a jeans,
Unless it’s a fetish ? ........ if so , tell us more .
Ive seen the Country Life Magazine in newsagents but always dismissed it as a bit of a boring mag . Never knew or thought it could be a bit dodgy .
is there anything else in there that you think I might be interested in , , I’m off on the moors today and I do have a pair of waterproof trousers ......... is there some sort of code when you pass other ramblers ?

If the alleged waterproof trousers ain’t waterproof any more , then maybe it’s me , but as much as I’ve tried , and as long as I’ve pondered over it , discussed it , researched it , dismissed it and gone back to it , Lost sleep over it , for the life of me I can’t work out why you are wearing them over a pair a jeans,
Unless it’s a fetish ? ........ if so , tell us more .
Ive seen the Country Life Magazine in newsagents but always dismissed it as a bit of a boring mag . Never knew or thought it could be a bit dodgy .
is there anything else in there that you think I might be interested in , , I’m off on the moors today and I do have a pair of waterproof trousers ......... is there some sort of code when you pass other ramblers ?
The reason I wear them over jeans is because I don’t want to soak my car seat with water and mud and I’m not stripping down to my skivvies in the car park to change afterwards...of course that tactic wasn’t very successful yesterday as my jeans were soaked but...I did take a towel to drape over the seat which helped.

I haven’t looked at a copy of Country Life since they disappeared from the dentist’s waiting room but last time I looked it was nothing to do with real country life, but just an insight into how the Hooray Henries of the world furnish their mansions...one of the guys at my golf club claims to be in with the County Set and told me that their annual balls are real coke fests so I expect lots of dangly bits get an outing but for a different reason than mine...😀

Who is Sheldon ?
He is one of the main characters in the Big Bang series...a theoretical physicist studying String theory...if you’ve never seen it you can get a flavour from the video I posted on the thread that had the discussion about String....the original episodes were very funny and it’s on Channel 4 most mornings and afternoons...or just go to YouTube which has a number of links.

He is one of the main characters in the Big Bang series...a theoretical physicist studying String theory...if you’ve never seen it you can get a flavour from the video I posted on the thread that had the discussion about String....the original episodes were very funny and it’s on Channel 4 most mornings and afternoons...or just go to YouTube which has a number of links.

Yep wife and I own the whole series...love it!!!

The reason I wear them over jeans is because I don’t want to soak my car seat with water and mud and I’m not stripping down to my skivvies in the car park to change afterwards...of course that tactic wasn’t very successful yesterday as my jeans were soaked but...I did take a towel to drape over the seat which helped.

I haven’t looked at a copy of Country Life since they disappeared from the dentist’s waiting room but last time I looked it was nothing to do with real country life, but just an insight into how the Hooray Henries of the world furnish their mansions...one of the guys at my golf club claims to be in with the County Set and told me that their annual balls are real coke fests so I expect lots of dangly bits get an outing but for a different reason than mine...😀
Brilliant H ,.......... this golf malarkey gets worse the more l learn of it . Ha ha ,
I’ve never seen one minute of the Big Bang theory, same as Friends , but I thought your video was good . The theory of string ! Who would have thought!
On a different tangent Harry , are you moving house ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/1252...ater-manchester-sale-270000-garden-overgrown/

Brilliant H ,.......... this golf malarkey gets worse the more l learn of it . Ha ha ,
I’ve never seen one minute of the Big Bang theory, same as Friends , but I thought your video was good . The theory of string ! Who would have thought!
On a different tangent Harry , are you moving house ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/1252...ater-manchester-sale-270000-garden-overgrown/
Ha ha Walt....my jungle hasn’t got to that state yet but there are loads of seedlings sprouting between the cobbles on the drive....I usually kill them off with a spray but you need two consecutive dry days to make it work, something we haven’t had here recently...I am impressed with that jungle in the story though...I guess it’s some poor old person who just gave up and passed away....sounding more like me every minute😀😀