O/T What did you Learn today ? | Page 4 | Vital Football

O/T What did you Learn today ?

If you see an opportunity to take a piss or a dump, use it.
When you get my age, getting stuck in holiday traffic can be a frightening problem.
Fortunately we made it!! 🤣🤣🤣
Always keep an empty kilner type jar from Douwe Egberts coffee in the car....just in case.

For all you gardeners ,,. I learned today that if you are growing cucumbers, and I know you all are , but don’t want to pick a whole one and end up throwing half of it way , you can cut one in half whilst it’s still on the vine, and it will seal itself over and carry on growing . Now if that is just not the cleverest thing .
And if you are not growing cucumbers, why not ?
they are the easiest things to grow and taste fifty times better than the ones sold in supermarkets . Put one seed in a pot and water it . Tie it to a cane and wait six weeks for the best cucumber you have ever tasted
You’re welcome .
(It does help to put multi purpose compost in the pot first as well )

For all you gardeners ,,. I learned today that if you are growing cucumbers, and I know you all are , but don’t want to pick a whole one and end up throwing half of it way , you can cut one in half whilst it’s still on the vine, and it will seal itself over and carry on growing . Now if that is just not the cleverest thing .
And if you are not growing cucumbers, why not ?
they are the easiest things to grow and taste fifty times better than the ones sold in supermarkets . Put one seed in a pot and water it . Tie it to a cane and wait six weeks for the best cucumber you have ever tasted
You’re welcome .
(It does help to put multi purpose compost in the pot first as well )
No wonder Mrs Walt is always giving you that look Walt...I think women in general are always wary of men bearing cucumbers...even ones chopped in half.

I learned today that Matic and Mutters have “ alert team “
under their avatars . Congratulations to them both .
Now ........ it’s quite conceivable that this is old news that I havent seen before and I’m making a dick of myself .
It’s not difficult for that to be the case ! Ha ha

I learned today that Matic and Mutters have “ alert team “
under their avatars . Congratulations to them both .
Now ........ it’s quite conceivable that this is old news that I havent seen before and I’m making a dick of myself .
It’s not difficult for that to be the case ! Ha ha

LOL - if you keep throwing sh*t over the fence then eventually you get moved to the other side to catch it :-)

Happy to be involved. I'll try to stay alert.

What does the role involve ?

Still in learning mode from Ex and 80 Nick for VS. What I do know from my own career is that what happened when social media first appeared was a new role formed in companies called "community managers" i.e. folks that monitor the content posted and help to look after the overall brand. With Vital, there's some other functional bits to it like merging threads, keeping some threads at the top etc. As I said though, I'm still learning.

I am intending on bringing a series of nostalgic threads to the forum though. Ossie was the first of many.

Still in learning mode from Ex and 80 Nick for VS. What I do know from my own career is that what happened when social media first appeared was a new role formed in companies called "community managers" i.e. folks that monitor the content posted and help to look after the overall brand. With Vital, there's some other functional bits to it like merging threads, keeping some threads at the top etc. As I said though, I'm still learning.

I am intending on bringing a series of nostalgic threads to the forum though. Ossie was the first of many.
All our lives "we are still learning!" and "never to old to learn" mind none of that applies to womenfolk lol!

This is a totally useless piece of information which doesn't fit on this thread but it doesn't deserve a thread of its own. I thought I'd share it anyway.

I'm on the Tesco grocery website doing a bit of shopping and I want to re-order some string which is in 'my favourites' section. It's out of stock so as an alternative it says 'You could substitute with........Tesco White C5 Envelopes 25Pk'. What?

This is a totally useless piece of information which doesn't fit on this thread but it doesn't deserve a thread of its own. I thought I'd share it anyway.

I'm on the Tesco grocery website doing a bit of shopping and I want to re-order some string which is in 'my favourites' section. It's out of stock so as an alternative it says 'You could substitute with........Tesco White C5 Envelopes 25Pk'. What?

What's wrong with that then (ha ha)