Nicky Shorey gone | Page 5 | Vital Football

Nicky Shorey gone

However his love for the club pales in comparison to his hatred of Scally and he’ll happily damage the club to damage Scally. Pathetic really.

The problem is that he has overstepped the mark but he is almost Scally's antimatter. They are more alike than they would like to admit apart from Perry bringing Scally's family in to it.

How many times during Scally's tenure have you thought that something Scally has done has been pathetic, or at least petty? The BBC leagl action being the latest in a string of examples.

If something had not been done, I could have seen Scally leaving the club to one of his children, or at least a Family trust, to maintain control and continue sucking money out so the decline could have gone on for a much longer period.

In some ways, Scally is just Perry in a suit. Just more Capitalist and regarding everything as business rather than factoring in the emotion and fan contribution on which football clubs are built. And he has been doing it for a hell of a lot longer than Perry's campaign has lasted.

The problem is that he has overstepped the mark but he is almost Scally's antimatter. They are more alike than they would like to admit apart from Perry bringing Scally's family in to it.

How many times during Scally's tenure have you thought that something Scally has done has been pathetic, or at least petty? The BBC leagl action being the latest in a string of examples.

If something had not been done, I could have seen Scally leaving the club to one of his children, or at least a Family trust, to maintain control and continue sucking money out so the decline could have gone on for a much longer period.

In some ways, Scally is just Perry in a suit. Just more Capitalist and regarding everything as business rather than factoring in the emotion and fan contribution on which football clubs are built. And he has been doing it for a hell of a lot longer than Perry's campaign has lasted.

I’ll take Scally over the skid mark that is Perry thanks.

Your comment about being gobsmacked is exactly how I felt. When project BFSE came to its inevitable end, I just had no idea how we were going to repair his damage, and who was going to take it on. Even if Woodman had come, he was just Stimson mark two to me. Just thinking who the new Dennis Oli and Adam Miller would be, which was depressing.

I was amazed when Harris was announced but do not necessarily agree about his stock and reputation as I believe he had been out of the game for quite a while after leaving Cardiff, presumably not through choice (Hughes ended up at Bradford after being in the same position). I still thought he had done well at both Millwall and Cardiff, so it was quite a coup.

I do agree that something has been evolving in the background since then and it could be that NH agreed to start this season with a bargain budget team, thinking he could improve and motivate them to, say, mid table. Shorey was meant to identify the players, but his previous record involved shopping at a higher level, which would explain why the gamble has not worked and has embarrassed them both.

Harris would not be in a position to make a stand over Shorey's dismissal as, being a football man, he would be able to see the reason why he has been let go. He also knows that any new owner may want a different man in charge, if they were not involved in his original appointment.

To be fair to Stimson, and I was not a fan on the whole, if you listen to people like Barry Fuller he was really clever and ahead of his time in the lower leagues when it came to nutrition, training and football stuff (probably should have been a coach or coaching assistant). His downfall was his man management. Bare in mind our budget was still reeling from the championship debt there were aspects he didn't do to badly in. How we had such amazing home form and the opposite away form is still a mystery.

But im not arguing he should have been fired at all