Next Sunday | Page 5 | Vital Football

Next Sunday

But he will not be doing that will he??
No excuse for not social distancing until things improve, part of the reason we are where we are now is because of irresponsible individuals thinking they deserved a good time at the expense of other peoples health or even lives

That may well be the case for some gatherings....today at the DW I was social distancing as we're many others so climb down from your high high horse. I & a huge % of the population have been observing all government guidelines on covid....from social distancing/ self isolation when covid positive / mask wearing (when BJ & government eventually decided it was a good safe guard despite their early insistence it wasn't) all the way to restricted visits & travel so KM please don't preach to those who have observed all BJ's mixed messages. Some people just want be the ever so goody goody look at me & poor poor you attitude.....
On another note to your 'part of the reason where we are where we are' remark....how about the never ending flights into the UK, the huge crowds at Cheltenham, the Champs League home games...eat out to help out......nah forget all that let's blame those down at DW today...

Decided late on not to go and glad I didn’t. I haven’t come this far without Covid to catch it off a few kiddies on the final hurdle.

Not trying to be obtuse here CL...but prior to the 'final hurdle' ...you cud catch it in Tesco / Train / public area to name only a few. I caught it back in November despite following all guidelines to the letter. This dreadful disease could be with us for years to come, what do we do then??

Isn't it a bit odd that everyone was social distancing, wearing a mask etc, but none of this was shown on videos or pics.

Selfish beyond belief!

Isn't it a bit odd that everyone was social distancing, wearing a mask etc, but none of this was shown on videos or pics.

Selfish beyond belief!

Where on here has anyone said on here that EVERYONE was social distancing & wearing masks? Or you just making that shit up to fit your own narrative??
Whilst we are at why don't you & Mr KM goody two shoes search out all the other laws that were broken down at the DW Stadium yesterday....I'll give you a few starters...
Drinking in a public place.....
Cars parked on Double yellows
Flares being let off in a public area....

Were you at some point rejected by the club for a stewarding job on matchdays...cos imo you'd make a good un...'you can't sit there'....'stop all this singing malarkey'........'no smoking in toilets young man'

Not trying to be obtuse here CL...but prior to the 'final hurdle' ...you cud catch it in Tesco / Train / public area to name only a few. I caught it back in November despite following all guidelines to the letter. This dreadful disease could be with us for years to come, what do we do then??
We take our vaccination booster every six months and get on with life.

That may well be the case for some gatherings....today at the DW I was social distancing as we're many others so climb down from your high high horse. I & a huge % of the population have been observing all government guidelines on covid....from social distancing/ self isolation when covid positive / mask wearing (when BJ & government eventually decided it was a good safe guard despite their early insistence it wasn't) all the way to restricted visits & travel so KM please don't preach to those who have observed all BJ's mixed messages. Some people just want be the ever so goody goody look at me & poor poor you attitude.....
On another note to your 'part of the reason where we are where we are' remark....how about the never ending flights into the UK, the huge crowds at Cheltenham, the Champs League home games...eat out to help out......nah forget all that let's blame those down at DW today...
I agree on the flights and the other gatherings, but gatherings such as those on Sunday with lots of people not observing social distancing (even if you did there was a vast majority who apparently didn't) contribute to local outbreaks which slow down the progress of the easing of restrictions

I agree Jock. Restrictions are being eased throughout England next week. From the footage I saw those attending were relatively young so the risk of them dying from it if they caught it is extremely low. I accept if they had it they could pass it on but those at greater risk of dying have now all been vaccinated- or at least have had the opportunity to have one. As such that small gathering was extremely low risk and basically 8 days ahead of what will be permissible anyway. It’s funny as I don’t recall those moaning about this were moaning about large scale protests last summer which were significantly higher risk.

I agree on the flights and the other gatherings, but gatherings such as those on Sunday with lots of people not observing social distancing (even if you did there was a vast majority who apparently didn't) contribute to local outbreaks which slow down the progress of the easing of restrictions

Kenny we are far from 'out of the woods' with regards to covid - but if we are to believe what the government along with the national and local media saying infection rates are down we surely are due some common sense approaches & imo ( yep Kenny just my opinion) then yesterday wasn't the armageddon that some on here portrayed....I mean wasn't it only the other weekend that there was upwards of 3K people at a trial music / dance night in Liverpool.

We stayed up - some people wanted to celebrate with the team. It’s all lovely 😁😁😁😁

Steady on there Piemon.....the doom merchant police will be knocking on your door. How dare people have the audacity to enjoy Latics staying up....how dare they indeed

Everyone should stay at home next Sunday, it will only take a few drunken idiots to spoil the party, the last thing we need is scenes like Bolton and Old Trafford.

The players already know we appreciate their efforts, stay at home watch the game with a few beers.

Todays main headlines....
Is it a coincidence that the number of cases have soared in Bolton this week especially with under 25's?
I think T&C may have had a valid point with his views.

Piece in the Wigan obv online about the Sunday celebrations...incl pictures - feel free to fill your boots T&C with your bile & negativity....you can fill your boots twice over when Mon 17th hits with photos all over the media outlets of people 'enjoying' themselves in numbers not to your liking.

Also in the Wigan Observer piece was another fine poem from our resident fence sitter Moonay......
The main bard himself,Rabbie Burns is shitting himself with lines such as
'But the table doesn't lie'.....'Cos this club didn't die'

Nice one Tony......😉🍻