Next Newcastle manager | Page 17 | Vital Football

Next Newcastle manager

With everything that is going on, it's time to highlight some of the good things about the hierarchy.

OK, they saved a few quid by not hiring a decent manager, after tomorrow, they will have completed half the pre-season with a bunch of players, a lot of who may not even be in the squad when the season kicks off in a few weeks time. If there are to be any incoming players, delaying saves a few quid more in wages.

Let's look on the achievements. Last night I thought that by lunchtime today, I should be able to come up with 5 positives.

These are my thoughts so far:

We're gona end up with another pardew-esque thread of Steve Bruce quotes

"I won't be a puppet I will have final say on transfers"

Says the HEAD COACH as joelinton walks through the door

Approximately the 3650th groundhog day in a row.

From Aug 2018....

Fans on Tyneside are frustrated ahead of Saturday's season opener with Tottenham.

But Benitez, club captain Jamaal Lascelles and managing director Lee Charnley have moved to ease supporter unrest.

In a joint statement on Newcastle's official website, the trio wrote: "Dear supporters, as the transfer window closes and attentions turn to the start of the season, we wanted to make this joint statement, on behalf of everyone at the club.

"Doing good business in a transfer window is about ending the window clearly stronger than when you started and we believe we have done this.

"The view we all share is that we have a better squad now than the one that finished tenth last season and all involved have worked tirelessly to make this happen."

Benitez, Lascelles and Charnley also call for supporter unity ahead of the visit of Mauricio Pochettino's side.

Going by our new managers physical appearance he is more likely to drop before the penny ever does.

Well I played footy on Wednesday night and scored a belter with my left foot (weakest) from distance so I expect a call from Steve Bruce soon! :grinning:

With everything that is going on, it's time to highlight some of the good things about the hierarchy.

OK, they saved a few quid by not hiring a decent manager, after tomorrow, they will have completed half the pre-season with a bunch of players, a lot of who may not even be in the squad when the season kicks off in a few weeks time. If there are to be any incoming players, delaying saves a few quid more in wages.

Let's look on the achievements. Last night I thought that by lunchtime today, I should be able to come up with 5 positives.

These are my thoughts so far:
After further hours of consideration, I am pleased to say that I have changed my criteria to 3 positives and reduced the number of blanks by two:

1. Geordie
2. Cheap
3. Deluded (he actually believed the fat pig when he said the manager has the final say on transfers....helloooooo....somebody hasn't being paying attention over the last 12 years)

Well an improved performance in China, a new signing to be announced and others to follow.
I an not going to waste my time criticising all and sundry, others will and that's their choice. 52,000 will still enter the ground once the season has been going ng a little while and they have it in their hands to show their view by not going.
Moaning on here will do nothing to upset the hierarchy. You have all made your valid points.
Did not want Bruce and Ashley is a clown as is Charnley

Let's face it, the only person who actually wanted Bruce in the job was Steve Bruce himself. He knows it's a mugs game but it's Newcastle and he grew up in Wallsend and went to Benfield. It is not an ambitious appointment but he's a regular journeyman manager and that's all FC wants. He'll do the job of managing a parachute club and he gets to live 'back home'. I can sympathise with that. He's also working for what is in Premiership management terms, peanuts.

It works for FC whose business model is happy to cope with repeated relegation. He makes money. Seriously, he knows how to do that. He gives not one hoot for any of the fans. They're just revenue stream to him. Those of us who decided long ago that FC was bad for the club have watched aghast as the ground fills up week in week out. Who knows? Perhaps our replacements have been replaced themselves,as their disgust became impossible to live with.

And I think that's the point. It's Newcastle. It's our childhood dream. It was Bruce's too. Even the extremely dubious situation of being employed by FC was no barrier. It is a bad decision by Bruce but I can see why he made it. I haven't been for years but I still read everything there is about the club. Obviously, I'm always hoping to read the same headline as all on here wish to read, but that seems as far away today as it was before the beginning of FC's ownership. But I can't help it. It's the reason I keep coming back here to spout off helplessly. It's the reason I get so angry at the situation because I can't change it. It's simple, really. So, I didn't want Bruce but there he is. I shouldn't care but I do. I don't think I can criticise him. I suffer from the same problem.

Fair comment there HB.
I’m not sure though that I sympathise with the argument about Bruce taking the job. He’s on a hiding to nothing from day one, he knows, or certainly should,that he’s in the employ of a charlatan and known liar. If his ‘loyalties’ lay with Tyneside he’d
a) never worked for the unwashed.
b) told the Fat Pig where to go and broadcast it.

I know, Birdys. And it would have been better if, as in my dreams, all Geordies would, turn and give 2 fingers to FC. But they don't. Realisation of the wrongness of FC is ridiculously counterbalanced by a love of the club.

Oh, the filthy bastard got it right when he bought that club.

Steve Bruce is already working miracles at the SD and after his meeting with the fat one, apparently;

Mike wants to finish higher than 17th
We are going to try in the cups
We want 3 or 4 more signings
Longstaff will not be sold - and finally
He's nobody yes man

Is that an echo I hear?

Steve Bruce is already working miracles at the SD and after his meeting with the fat one, apparently;

Mike wants to finish higher than 17th
We are going to try in the cups
We want 3 or 4 more signings
Longstaff will not be sold - and finally
He's nobody yes man

Is that an echo I hear?

Translated:

But no higher than 10th or we're in danger of competing
We're not
He has absolutely zero input on transfers
He will, maybe not now, but he will, wait until he gets a couple of England games under his belt to push the price up.
He is