Next Newcastle manager | Vital Football

Next Newcastle manager

Rexn

Vital Champions League
Just a thought and I don't know if people will run with it but it could be a bit of fun.

There are a few options as to who the next NUFC manager could be, perhaps a few categories?
1. Who would you like to see appointed next week if taken over by oil rich multi-billionaire
2. Who is the best option given the current state of the club
3. An "acceptable" compromise candidate under Ashley
4. Who is Ashley most likely to appoint

Just to get the ball rolling, mine are:
1. Pep Guardiola
2. Rafa Benitez
3. Roberto Martinez
4. Neil Redfearn

Cheers, Toony. I suspect 3 is the hardest, 4 could be the most amusing (and realistic).

Last edited:
I'm with you to a large extent, McNamee. On the other hand, I miss the banter with the Mackems I play golf with, so find myself taking the piss out of my own club. I suppose I should enjoy the peace and quiet until the season after next, if Ashley is still here.

Aside from Redfearn, Shola will be assistant manager and the comedy career he has had will continue.

Apart from that, I just can't muster anything that i want to happen as im so far past apathetic that a new idiom hasn't been invented for it.

What would have been interesting though is the type of football we would have seen under new owners and Rafa being in charge with his choice of player. Not going to happen now and all we're going to be left with is a master class in dealing with shit.

Aside from Redfearn, Shola will be assistant manager and the comedy career he has had will continue.

Apart from that, I just can't muster anything that i want to happen as im so far past apathetic that a new idiom hasn't been invented for it.
You know I am a big fan of Shola, perhaps the nicest footballer I have met:
http://www.toontoon.co.uk/shola-hof.php

When you look back at playing careers, some of the most successful managers, many were uninspiring in their careers; Alex Ferguson, Rafa Benitez, Tomislav Ivic, Luis van Gaal, Guus Hiddinck, Claudio Ranieri, Arsene Wenger and so on.

Shola apparently has the basics for a good managerial career.

You know I am a big fan of Shola, perhaps the nicest footballer I have met:
http://www.toontoon.co.uk/shola-hof.php

When you look back at playing careers, some of the most successful managers, many were uninspiring in their careers; Alex Ferguson, Rafa Benitez, Tomislav Ivic, Luis van Gaal, Guus Hiddinck, Claudio Ranieri, Arsene Wenger and so on.

Shola apparently has the basics for a good managerial career.

Aye I remember you saying that Shola was a canny lad. He just needs to take his Ashley blinkers off and he'll be tolerable in his current 'loan arranger' role but i just get the feeling that his and Redfearn's positions were drafted in pencil and they are the modern day Hughton and Calderwood in waiting.

I just know it wont go along the same script and it's nowt but implosion ahead if so.

I can't see past Redfearn and Ameobi getting the job on a "short term" basis while this supposed takeover is happening. Which will turn out to be full time when it's reported that the Bull Shit Group have pulled out of talks.

What an absolute mess SDU is in!

1. Diego Simeone.
2. David O'Leary.
3. David O'Leary.
4. David O'Leary.

there is no hope or aspiration under Fat Mike.

Who would want to work for Ashley.
Charnley in charge of recruiting we will be lucky to get anyone, the man is a total clown.

Who would want to work for Ashley.
Charnley in charge of recruiting we will be lucky to get anyone, the man is a total clown.
That's the same question that was asked when Pardew resigned and again after JC and Mclaren were given the boot.
I think it's been well and truly answered.

That's the same question that was asked when Pardew resigned and again after JC and Mclaren were given the boot.
I think it's been well and truly answered.
Aye but the sneaky f****** weasel recruited RB to keep the masses quiet.