Next Newcastle manager | Page 4 | Vital Football

Next Newcastle manager

Saw some of the usual shite on twatter earlier about the fakeover and Mourinho. Funnily enough on checking the latest odds, Jose's price is shortening everywhere.

Might be something but then again it could be people falling for an easily corrupt betting market.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/manager-specials/newcastle-utd/next-permanent-manager
There was some earlier gossip that BZG would like Mourinho. In fact he was one of the three names I put forward, along with Benitez, on 9th Jan 2016, along with Benitez. Mourinho is also reported as having turned down a lucrative Chinese job.

There is always the romantic link, having been mentored by SBR. However, the has to be doubt as to whether he would work under Ashley's constraints, despite having been on a budget at Porto. You're almost certainly right that speculation would be tied to a takeover. Is he a busted flush or wold he be backed with billions?

Even if the takeover is true, Ashley still has to agree to it and given the fee received for Ayoze, plus the projected fee for Longstaff, Ashley might feel that he can make more out of his model that he can by reinvesting in retail. In theory, there is enough cash in the pot for him to replay his "loan" if he wants to and still have a generous transfer kitty.

Let's just say that if Ashley goes, we might expect a supposedly top manager. If he stays, there is a name that has not been mentioned yet that I am considering putting some money on.

It seems that season ticket sales are not down by a few hundred but by thousands. Could this be the start of the end of the Ashley tenure? There will be a lot of twists and asset stripping still to come but maybe, just maybe.

I still think this takeover is bollocks because what potential new owner would pay £350m for the club and one of its assets has been sold for £30m which devalues the club.

It seems that season ticket sales are not down by a few hundred but by thousands. Could this be the start of the end of the Ashley tenure? There will be a lot of twists and asset stripping still to come but maybe, just maybe.

We can only hope

I still think this takeover is bollocks because what potential new owner would pay £350m for the club and one of its assets has been sold for £30m which devalues the club.
I wouldn't worry about the sale of Ayoze affecting asset values. At the end of the day, if he has gone for cash, there is a corresponding asset, if sold in instalments, then the asset becomes debtors to the club. Even if Ashley pays it back to himself, it would mean that the loan comes down.

There should be a fair chunk of cash at the moment; the TV and prize money, player sales and instalments, season ticket, sponsorship and so on, possibly enough to eliminate the "loan".

The biggest thing to push down the value of the club is the departure of Rafa. Any new owner at that price would have to believe that they can come up with someone of equal calibre. You would imagine that they would already have someone lined up if a takeover is imminent.

The biggest thing to push down the value of the club is the departure of Rafa.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

PM,
agreed with some of what you said about RB but I'm with RexN regarding the above. To me there is no doubt that RB was a significant asset, he evidenced that during his stay here even if it did help keep the heat off the fat weasel. A name of his stature will take some replacing.

What potential owner is going to spend £350m for a club that could be as good as down by January? Might as well wait and relegation wipes off half the club's value.

What potential owner is going to spend £350m for a club that could be as good as down by January? Might as well wait and relegation wipes off half the club's value.

fatty wouldn't sell it mate in the championship, he might if they didn't come straight back up, maybe do what the makems have done get relegated 2 divisions

fatty wouldn't sell it mate in the championship, he might if they didn't come straight back up, maybe do what the makems have done get relegated 2 divisions

Yep, fatty will just splash the cash to get back up and add it to his loan. Cream off the TV cash and assets for the next year until someone is prepared to pay top wack. Rinse and repeat!

League one might shift him!

PM,
agreed with some of what you said about RB but I'm with RexN regarding the above. To me there is no doubt that RB was a significant asset, he evidenced that during his stay here even if it did help keep the heat off the fat weasel. A name of his stature will take some replacing.
I'm a great believer in opinions birdys but supporters who are/were blinded by their obsession with benitez are just as culpable as the attendees simply because they made the owners plan easier to execute.

Claims that Benitez adds value to a club are subjective as Inter Milan, Real Madrid or Liverpool could testify.

Our clubs real value are the supporters (Ashley will verify this)not journeymen managers.

Regardless,
in answer to your question rex,to date no one has come close to explaining why a higher calibre of manager matters under fat Mike which is the crux of my argument.

I'm not one of the benitez lot PM but I do think he added a touch of class over the shite managers we've had, which in turn meant better players could be attracted but fatty didn't fund him to buy the better players.
No benitez didn't increase the club's value but if fatty had funded the manager I'm sure better players would have come because of benitez name.

I'm not one of the benitez lot PM but I do think he added a touch of class over the shite managers we've had, which in turn meant better players could be attracted but fatty didn't fund him to buy the better players.
No benitez didn't increase the club's value but if fatty had funded the manager I'm sure better players would have come because of benitez name.
I hear you BB,but you and I know it was never fatties plan to fund him therefore his value in reality is no different than Pardew's .

The positive argument for Benitez and his purported class is based on a dream that Ashley implanted into the heads of the masses who were obligingly star struck.

He was only allowed to show his class through ultra defensive football which is what he used to keep Ashley's pocket full of Sky money.

OK so we can disagree but it my case I shall do it respectfully.

Benitez's career is there for all to see. You mention Liverpool with who he won the Champions League. Yes, it may be subjective but when you study Rafa's modus operandi, he does have something a bit different in attention to detail and broader strategy.

You also mention Real where he was sacked when 4 points behind the leaders in his first season.

We have had two, perhaps three managers in my lifetime who have concretely added real value to the club. The questionable one was Arthur Cox who attracted KK and built a squad to get back into the top flight, the club making loads on Beardsley, Waddle and others who he brought in. KK is obvious and there were so many players who he added value to.

Back to Benitez, Ayoze and perhaps Longstaff are starting to show how much Rafa has added. The other side is the net spend which has been negative, at a time when Premier League clubs have all spent considerably. Because of his achievements, he has also attracted some decent loan signings.

Just to address another point "Our clubs real value are the supporters ". To an extent, that is true, gate receipts being 14% of revenue, away support attracting more TC coverage, to the extent of about 1.5%. The extent is much smaller than it once was. The money men take a different perspective.

In today's football world, where NUFC is effectively a franchise in a global entertainment industry, the value to a buyer is in those TV rights. When you look at, for example, ManU's commercial deals, they are aimed at a global audience, not a Manchester audience, unless of course you know that they all drive Chevrolets and take their holidays by Airoflot, wear Tag Heuer watches and Muhler kitchens.

Have they actually offered the job to anyone or is it just about a wish list which changes day to day like the odds.
It's a joke but not surprising with Charnley and his ringmaster in charge.

Have they actually offered the job to anyone or is it just about a wish list which changes day to day like the odds.
It's a joke but not surprising with Charnley and his ringmaster in charge.

I think they're just fuckin about hoping somebody half decent will rock up offering their services. They wont actively pursue anybody of a decent calibre as they know they'll get shunned.

The one good thing about it is that my son is currently working for a bookies. there is all sorts of money going on different candidates every day but they look like being hit over gaming machines..

If anyone wants to start an informed rumour today, how about the following who don't appear on the main sites yet:
Roberto di Matteo
Temur Ketsbaia
David Platt
Nolberto Solano